I'll Change Their Minds

The Great Hendowski

''Look. I know I just. Will you just let me finish?! No, okay then...yeah...I'll see you later...it's not my fault though is it? I can't just...no; I can't make the decisions for them. Yeah I know, and it's been a long time coming I just. Look just leave it yeah! I'm going to sort it out, it's something I'm not going to give up that easily believe me, and you of all people should know how stubborn I am when it comes to these sort of things..Yeah okay, I'll ring you back after I've spoken to them about it...okay, love you too, bye.'' I ended the call and slid my phone back into my pocket before walking back in to the living room where the boys were still debating whether or not to take the deal.
''Who was that?'' Tatum looked up from his phone as I walked in.
''Austin....’’ I sat down heavily on the spare seat of the sofa and sighed.
''What's up? Is he alright?'' They all actually seemed genuinely concerned for his welfare.
''Oh he's fine; he's just been nagging in my ear about taking the deal. I know it's going to be a big responsibility but you know it's what we all wanted for the band'' I looked at each of them in turn, taking in their facial expressions. All deep in thought. ''Look, I know it's not something we should make a rushed decision on but think about it, we'll get more money, get a bigger fan base, we'll be able to tour all over America with Warped and then we might even get to do a tour after that if Rise agree to it. Even if it is just being the support act to another band. Just think about it yeah, the only downside I can think of is that we won't see anyone until we're back in town for a show, or when we finish, but I think we could sacrifice that. Bobby, what was it your mum said? Never let an opportunity pass you by because you don't know whether it'll come round again. I can see the sense in that.'' I was getting desperate now, but I could tell by their faces that they were beginning to buy it.
''I guess... I guess it just depends on when we have to go...'' Josh looked up from the spot on the floor he had been staring at intently for the last 5 minutes.
''Well the first show is on August 5 and they said we need to be there by at least 12 pm on August 3, to get settled in on the buses and stuff...and that's like...3 months away yet.''
''Well if it's that far away then why are they asking us now?''
''Too make sure that we're up for it and free for that time I guess, I mean...it's hardly like they were going to ring up the day before like 'come join warped with us' is it?'' I laughed at his brief moment of stupidness.
''Well I think we should go'' Tatum looked at me and smiled, I returned his smile with a wider version of my own. Looking at the other boys, in turn they all nodded. Causing me to jump on them all and pull them in a group hug screaming from excitement.
When we all broke free I decided it was time to call Austin back.

I dialled his number and listened to the drone of the dial go on and on before he finally picked up;
''Hello?''
''Hey Austin''
''Oh hi Amelia, what's up?''
''Erm, well I said I'd ring you back...and I am doing...so yeah''
''Oh right, so you've spoken to them about it then?''
''Yep, explained all the pro's and con's...might have over exaggerated a little bit on some stuff but it worked...WE'RE JOINING WARPED!'' I shouted the last bit down the phone because I was just that excited.
I heard all of the Of Mice and Men boys cheer; I guessed I had been on speaker phone the whole time. Then the phone was snatched from wherever it was, a hand or a table, whatever, and I heard Kellin shout down the phone at me ''WELL DONE GUYS!''
Suppose it was a lads day in or something with SWS and OM&M.
''Thanks guys, ha-ha. Anyhow, I suppose I should be off though, I'll talk to you later yeah?''
''Sure thaang girlfriend'' Kellin said in an extremely gay voice.
''No Kellin, just no. BYE GUYS!''
I ended the call, locked my phone and left it on the side in the kitchen.