I'll Change Their Minds

This One's For You

I sat with the rest of the guys, talking about anything random that crept up in the conversation, for the rest of the journey. When we arrived and parked up in the bus lot, we stepped outside and greeted the warm sun’s rays on our skin with great pleasure.
I noticed that there were at least 20 other buses parked up, belonging to some bands that I didn't know personally and probably never heard of either.
''Hey Amelia!'' I heard a familiar voice shout from across the parking lot, I placed a hand over my eyes to shield them from the sun. I looked around for a second before I saw an even more familiar figure walking towards me, I ran up to them and jumped on them, embracing them in one of my trademark hugs.
''Whoa, calm down girl. I know you've missed me loads and everything but really? Any need to floor me?'' I released my arms from around their waist and looked up at my big brother Austin smiling from ear to ear.
''But it's been ageeeeeesss! And I've been missing my big brother'' I stuck my bottom lip out making him laugh.
''Well I've been missing my little sister too,'' he pulled me into another big hug ''anyway, while I've caught you. Come back to my bus and see the guys!''
I smiled at him and ran off towards his bus jumping up the steps and scaring all of the guys.
''JESUS CHRIST AMELIA! DON'T DO THAT TO ME!'' Tino clutched his chest where his heart is and pretend fainted.
''Awwwr, I'm sorry Tino'' I laughed at him and walked over for a hug.
Alan was sat in the back room on his laptop, probably searching himself on Google.
I walked in and jumped onto the seat next to him leaning my head on his shoulder, ''Heeeeeeeeey Alaaaaaaaaan'' I looked up at him a batted my eye lashes.
''Heeeeeeeeey Ameliaaaaaaaa'' He looked down and smiled, pulling me into a tight side hug and kissing the top of my head gently.
''I've missed you'' I nuzzled into his side watching what he was doing on the laptop; we'd been best friends since he met my brother, practically joined at the hip.
''Awwwr, missed you too. It’s been ageeeeeesss'' He closed his laptop and sat facing me ''C'mon, spill the beans, what have you been up to since I last saw you?''
''Well I got some new tattoos, dyed my hair, went on Holiday with the guys, got signed by Rise Records and came here, you know...nothing major'' I laughed, turning to the side and facing Alan better.
''You got tattoos? Where and what are they?!'' He smiled; I always said I wouldn't get any tattoos unless I picked some pretty awesome ones.
''I got FAITH and HOPE tattooed on my knuckles,'' I pulled my hands into fists and showed them to him '' I got that rib cage tattoo that I wanted when I was younger, a tattoo for mum on the top of my arm, a bar code on my hip...and the band logo behind my left ear, all of the others had it so I thought it only fair to get it as well. Being in the band an all....’’
''That's pretty damn awesome....’’ He looked at each of my tattoos in turn, obviously in awe. Bless him.

We spent the next hour or so just chatting and catching up before my phone started ringing in my pocket. I sighed and answered it, not bothering to check the caller ID.

''So I hear you're in for Warped'' A familiar voice breathed, a little deeper than the last time I heard it.
''You heard correctly'' I replied icily.
''Well you're in for a surprise'' He trailed off. '' It's not as easy as you may think''
''Oh I know, but I think you're in for a bigger surprise mate; we're here to stay, not to get pushed out by pathetic hot shots like you. Thanks for your concern, but good-bye.'' I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket.

''Who was that?'' Alan looked up at me concerned.
''No-one, don't worry'' I forced a convincing smile his way and stood up, ''I'm going to go back to the bus, get ready for later. You are coming right?''
''Coming where?'' He looked confused
''The bonfire? Austin told us about it, said it'd be the best way to meet the other bands....’’
A look of sudden realisation filled out his face ''Ohhhhh, yeah. 'course I will, wouldn't want to miss you meeting new people and making a tit of yourself now would we?''
''And what makes you think that exactly? I'd say it was more of a dramatic scene than anything else, plus the prick was asking for it'' I held my hands up defensively before saying my good-byes to everyone and walking out of the bus towards the one I was sharing with Sleeping With Sirens.