I'll Change Their Minds

When You Can't Sleep At Night

''Awwr, you did great!'' Austin held me supportively by the arms.
''Thanks'' I sniffed.
Austin lifted a hand up to wipe a fresh tear from my cheek before pulling me back into another hug. ''Mum would be proud of you, you know''
''I hope so'' I nestled into his neck and sighed.
''Honest, she'd be proud, and she has the right to be. You've been through stuff no-one ever should have to. Both of us have''
''Yeah'' I lifted my head up and smiled weakly at him.
''Right, I better go and get showered and whatever for the signing, haven't you got to practise?'' He laughed at the face I pulled, grimacing at the idea of having to perform for the first time tomorrow. The pre-performance nerves were already kicking in. ''Go on, '' he nudged my arm gently and pushed me in the direction of where the rest of my band were heading.

I ran after them as fast as I could and pounced onto Tatum's back, almost knocking him to the ground.
''Jesus, what are you trying to do?!''
''Oh I don’t know,'' I wrapped my arms around his neck as he grabbed my legs to keep me up ''My legs ached so I thought I'd hitch a ride'' I laughed into his ear.
''Oh so you're using me?'' He stopped and stood still.
''No, I'm just using your legs instead of mine...''
''Oh right, if you say so...but seeing at you're taking advantage off of me I'm going to make you pay'' he replied vaguely.
''What? Tate, what are you going to do?'' I actually started to panic a little bit.
''This...'' he said and started to run off towards the practise area.
''TATE!'' I shouted in between laughing and screaming.
All of the others were a little further behind, and stopped walking because they were laughing too much.
''Yeah?'' He laughed, spinning around and letting go of my legs.
''What the hell?!'' I half shouted half choked out between laughter.
He stopped spinning and sat down on the floor, his attempt of helping me to get down.
The others caught up with us and gave us a hand up.
''Now, if you guys have finished messing around we have band practise to attend!'' Jack laughed whilst he was pulling me up off of the ground.
''Awwr, we're sorry Jack'' I fake pouted before running off laughing.