Higher Than My Expectations

The New National Anthem

Lexis POV:

I sat in the chair in front of the mirror in the make-up and hair trailer spinning around on it like the mature adult I am.
''Lexi will you just keep still for 5 minutes!'' John laughed at me from the sofa on the opposite side of the trailer.
''John-on-on-on?'' I like saying his name like that, it annoyed him.
''What-t-t-t-t?'' He looked up from the paper he was reading.
''What's the photo shoot for anyway?''
''Don’t know babe, why?''
''Just wondering'' I turned to face the mirror as the hair dresser sort of person came back in; she pulled the bobble out of my hair and obviously saw my face drop.
''Have I done something wrong?'' She asked, looking panicked like I might shout at her or something.
''No, it's just I never really have my hair down'' I looked down at my lap and twiddled my thumbs.
''Oh sorry, but it's my orders from the photographer, he's got this whole image in his head of making you like a girly girl, even though I refused to so he loosened off a bit and let me do what I want with it'' she laughed a little ''as long as you're okay with that?'' she looked over my shoulder to check it was okay
''Yeah, that's fine'' I forced a smile in her direction and let her get on with it.
I was used to her doing my hair, she used to do it when I was in the band previously, and I completely forgot her name which I found out by the end, to be Sarah.
After about an hour or so, everyone's hair was done and she was just finishing off my make-up. When she was done we had to stroll down to the make shift studio in one of the back rooms of the main building.
Our new photographer was called Mickey, he was short, had straight black hair that swept across his face framing it perfectly, he couldn't have been any older than 30.
Turns out that the photos were for the album promotion, they wanted the photos done before the actual album was formed so that it wouldn't interfere with our busy schedule. Pretty clever idea if you ask me. Which I doubt you will, but whatever.

After the shoot we went back to our bus to relax before the signing in about an hour. Alex checked his e-mails for the proofs of the photos from the photographer. We spent about half an hour looking through them all choosing which one we liked best and reporting back to him, sending the proofs onto our manager, Gary.

At about quarter to 4 we headed down to our merch tent for the signing and blah de blah.
Before we knew it, it was time for Bus Call and we were on our way to LA.