Higher Than My Expectations

Drella

I sat by her in the ambulance gently holding her hand so that she knew that someone was there with her, and that she wasn't alone.
The ride was relatively quiet, except from the beeping of machines and the technical jargon spilling out from the paramedic’s mouth.

When we finally arrived at the hospital she was rushed into ICU, where she was then put in a private room and treated by doctors. I was not allowed into the room so I waited outside, watching through the glass panels in the door praying that she would be alright.

I heard shouting from the end of the corridor but thought nothing of it, ''Miss, please calm down, you’re disturbing the patients''
''I couldn't give a toss that I'm bloody disturbing people, my sisters in here somewhere and I want to know where!'' I heard more hurried footsteps coming towards me and turned around. They soon stopped.
''It was you! You put her in here didn't you!'' Jade. Oh how lovely this would be.
She lunged towards me, knocking my head hardly against the tough wooden door frame and sending me towards the floor clutching my head.
''Oi! Get your hands off of her!'' I heard Kyle shouting from the end of the corridor and run towards us both.
I felt her nails dig deeper into my skin as she was pulled away from me.
I could see her being taken away by security and two pairs of shoes headed straight for me, pulling me up onto a stretcher and taking me away... that's all I remember..