Higher Than My Expectations

The Balcony Scene

What the fuck is going on in my head?
I can't have feelings for Oli, I seriously can't.
Relationships fuck tours up. I've had enough experience to know that.
I laid down on my bunk and sighed.
''Lee?'' I groaned and sat up, opening the curtain to reveal an overly excited looking Jaime.
''What do you want Preciado?'' I rubbed the large lump at the back of my head and hissed as my hand made contact.
''Well, I thought that you would like to come out and grab something to eat'' he looked hopeful.
''Jaime, it's like 3 in the morning''
''And? It's never too early, or too late, for a Taco!'' He threw his hands up in the air and smiled widely.
''Or 6, as your case may be'' I giggled and grabbed some clothes off of the end of my bunk ''Give me 15 minutes and i'll be right with you'' I jumped down and walked towards the bathroom to get changed.

I headed out of the bathroom and dumped my pajamas on my bunk.
''You ready to go?'' Jaime whispered.
''Why are we whispering?'' I replied and he pointed towards a snoozing David, who looked like he'd had way to much to drink.
''Oh, okay then, yep. I'm ready. Wait, let me just grab my phone'' I unplugged my phone and picked it up off of the side, following Jaime out of the door.
''So, what's this that I've been hearing about you and Oliver?'' He looked over at me and raised an eye brow, a small smirk playing on his lips.
''He came over to see me and we watched a film, then we fell asleep. Nothing major'' I shrugged.
''So how come the guys walked in on you two 'entwined' as John called it''
''I was cold so I cuddled up to him, there is nothing going on between us''
''But you like him though don't you''
I looked down at the floor and kicked a few small stones across the pavement.
''Oh my god, Lee. You totally do!'' He stopped and stared at me, his mouth forming he perfect 'O' shape.
''I don't know Jaime''
''What do you mean you don't know?''
''Well, with everything that happened before with Twat Features, I don't think I'm ready to even look at a guy like that again''
''Oh right, I don't mean to impose but what exactly happened with you and him?''
''Well, when I first moved to England he was the first friend outside of the agency that I made. He was kind, funny, sweet and not to mention good looking. He was always looking out for me, making sure that I was okay and everything and then we started dating and things just went downhill from there. He started to go out drinking a lot more and would cheat on me at least twice a week, and then he got violent...'' I wiped the stray tear from my cheek and sucked in a large breath.
''Lee, did he ever...you know...hit you?''
We'd stopped walking by now and he guided me to a bench, we sat down and he looked me dead in the eyes ''Lee?''
I nodded my head and choked back more tears that were threatening to fall over.
''Oh god Lee, why did you never tell me this before?'' He pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder and let the tears fall freely.
''You're the only person I've told the truth to, well the whole truth anyway'' I pulled away and sniffed, wiping my eyes with the sleeve on one of Mike's jackets that I had stolen from him.
''I thought Vic and Mike knew?''
I shook my head ''Nope, I told them that he cheated on me which is true, but I didn't tell either of them about the abuse or anything else that happened''
''I don't mean to sound rude, but that was a long time ago. How come you don't feel ready to move on and admit you have feelings for another guy?''
''Well'' I pulled out my phone and swiped across the screen, unlocking it. I pulled up my recent text messages and showed Jaime the glowing screen ''He got in touch with me just before the accident happened, I didn't want to make a fuss or tell anyone about it so I kept it my self. It seemed the best solution''
He looked up at me ''Ring him''
''What?'' I practically screamed a him.
''Ring him, he'll answer thinking that it's you and then I'll talk''
''No, Jaime that won't work. He won't leave me alone''
''Well then get him to meet up with you when he's in the area, I know he travels around a lot so he's bound to be here some time or another''
''And what am I going to do when he says 'Yeah sure, when and where?' ''
''Tell him a date and where we'll be on the tour. Then he'll come and meet you, and I'll come with you. Just say I'm some sort of security that your tour manager has forced onto you...in the least sexual way possible'' He held a finger up, signalling for me to refrain from thinking of the dirty way.
''You don't know what you're getting yourself into Jaime. He's a bad nut'' I shook my head and looked at the floor.
''Bad nuts are easier to crack than good ones''
''Fine. But I want these Tacos first. I'm starving''
''I knew you would be'' He chuckled and pulled me off of the bench before forcing me through the door of the closest restaurant.