Higher Than My Expectations

Hold On Till May

Lexis POV:

For the whole of the 2 hour journey we talked about anything and everything that popped into our heads. The conversation varied from what we had been up to in the past 2 years, to what we plan to do in the future. Which I think, personally, is irrelevant. I live for the moment, not the future.
Kellin pulled out a picture of his daughter, Copeland, and showed it to me.
''God, aint she grown!" I smiled widely at the recent picture of Copeland. She was a real beauty, obviously taking after her mum and dad. A lot.
''Yep, she's getting big alright. I reckon she's going to be a bit of a bruiser when she's older'' He laughed at himself, sending me into a fit of giggles.
''What, are you going to send her to kick boxing lessons and teach her self-defence? All in the prep for high school'' I looked over at him and winked.
''Oh of course, I mean, she's got to learn to stand up to the bullies and stuff. So yeah, I'm shipping her off to lessons to teach her how to fight. Like a man'' He said the last part in a terrible Texas accent before starting off in another fit of giggles.
''You, are going to be one of the most embarrassing parents ever. I can tell. I feel sorry for the poor sprout already! And life's hardly begun for her!'' I handed him back the picture and he slipped it back into his wallet, just before pulling into the car park of the current Warped Tour show.