Higher Than My Expectations

Stained Glass Eyes and Colorful Tears

I stepped out of Kellins' car and threw my arms up in the air.
''BITCHES, I'M BACK!'' I shouted out at the top of my lungs, I could hear my brothers band playing on one the stage's, I think they were on main stage.
''Guessing you've missed it here then'' Kellin opened the boot and pulled my suitcases out. Sending a cloud of dust into the air.
''You have no idea, honestly'' I could feel my smile getting bigger, almost as if it was touching the top of my ears.
''Well I guess you're going to have fun ey? Don't you think it'll be weird though? I mean, being back in the band that kicked you out when you brought them together, gave them everything?'' He tilted his head and looked at me.
''I don't know, I guess it'll be fun being around all of you lot again but I see what you mean, I'm still trying to figure out whether they're using me or not, I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.'' I looked at him, the exact same expression creeping across my face.
''Yeah, I guess you're right'' He picked up my suitcase, leaving me to carry just my duffle bag and hand luggage.
''Hmmm...But I think it'll be a little difficult with Brett gone, and a bunch of new members in the band. But I'll get used to it.'' I looked up at him and smiled, he laughed a little.
We walked around the back to the bus park, just so I didn't run into anyone just yet. My arrival was supposed to be a surprise, well until later at least.
As we came up to Breathe Carolinas' bus he turned to me with a serious expression, '' you will make sure you look after yourself though right? I mean, it's going to take some time to adjust and then you never know how the fans are going to react with your arrival'' he trailed off; realising that what he said might be interpreted wrong.

''I'll be fine honestly,'' he opened up the door to an empty bus ''where are the guys?'' I looked around and heard shouting from the 'living room'
''Question answered'' he laughed and chucked my suitcase and the rest of my belongings on the spare bunk, which was going to be mine for the rest of the summer tour.
Kellin punched the 4 digit code to get into the 'living room'. Kyle and David’s' heads snapped round at the sound of the door opening.
''HI GUYS!'' I shouted, not too loud though, I went to sit down next to them only to be knocked to the floor in a group hug if that's what you'd call it with 3 people. I think a threesome would sound wrong.
''LEXI! WE'VE MISSED YOU GIRL!'' David shouted at me before being pulled of my Kellin.
''Alright guys, I think you should let the poor girl breathe!'' He said between laughs.
''Oh, right, yeah that probably would be a good idea'' Kyle looked down at the floor nervously.
''So how come you decided to come here early?'' David piped up, with a huge smile on his face, obviously excited with me being back. I mean, we had a pretty strong friendship before I left for England.
''Well, this was the closest show to the airport, less time stuck next to this prick in the car I guess'' I pointed to Kellin and winked.
''Ah, I see what you mean Lexi, he can be pretty annoying if you're stuck next to him in a confined space for any longer than 10 minutes'' Kellin punched him on the shoulder, jokingly.
''Not cool man, not cool!''
''Anywaaaaaaay,'' David clapped his hands together. '' It's getting close to 8...and the bonfire started like half an hour ago. Get your shit together and let’s go! You,'' he pointed to me '' have a lot of catching up to do with a lot of people my dear friend!'' before walking out of the room and grabbing a shirt from his bunk. Which just so happened to be opposite mine.