Higher Than My Expectations

Hell Above

Preston’s POV:

After the 'meeting' me and the rest of the band had to go back to the bus to check out our schedule for the day.

1PM: MAKE UP AND HAIR
2PM: PHOTO SHOOT
4PM: SIGNING
6PM: VIP FAN PASS MEETING
9PM: BUS CALL

Looks like a pretty hectic afternoon.
I heard the rabble of the band make their way onto the bus, pushing and shoving as usual, with Lexi behind acting like the mother hen, even though me and her are the youngest members.
''Prestoooooooooooooooon,'' I heard Lexi whine from behind me ''what have we got to do todaaaaaaay?'' She rocked back and forth on her heels, placing both of her hands on my shoulders and resting her chin on one.
''Well we have a make up and hair slot at 1, photo shoot at 2, signing at 4, the VIP fan thingy at 6 and bus call is at 9 so we can head off to LA and get there before it's light..'' I turned around and pushed her gently into the sofa.
''Damn, pretty busy then huh?''
''Yep, doubt we'll even have time to have a ciggy before we do anything, they've got pretty strict with the timings now-a-days'' I sat down next to her on the seat.
''Ha-ha, sorry to disappoint Prest, but I don't smoke any more'' She put her hands up as if in defeat.
''Really? Since when?'' I turned in my seat to face her better, Lexi was the first member of the group to start smoking, I think it was in high school or something she said, but Mike took all the blame for it, saying it was him and his mates that got her into it. At least he was honest about it though, I wouldn't have been.
''Err, just after I left actually, you've probably only seen the pictures of me smoking then ey? I guess there aren't many of me not smoking, but hey. It's all in the past.'' She sighed and leant back in her seat, placing her hands behind her head.
''Yeah, there aren't many. It's like they were super glued to your hand or something. But you've changed a lot since then, I can tell.''
''How do you mean?''
''Well like you look different than you did back then, you know, healthier and happier, and there were no tattoos,'' I prodded the tattoo on the back of her shoulder, it was of a dandelion that was being blown away, and all of the little pieces flying off turned into birds and flew along her shoulder blade.
''Well I feel happier with my tattoos, they all mean something…you know, important. They've helped get me through a lot..'' She trailed off at the end, obviously not wanting to go into any more detail.
''So they all have their own story, so to speak'' I asked genuinely intrigued.
''Yeah, you could say that, but long story short, they all stand for something''
''So what does this one mean?'' I pointed back to the tattoo on her shoulder blade.
''Well I got it because it represents moving on, you know, I mean, how the little pieces turn into birds who are free to move on..'' she stood up and lifted up the baggy tank top she was wearing to just under her boobs so I could see the tattoos on either side of her ribcage ''This one,'' she pointed to the one on her left side '' represents the hell I've been through'' then she pointed to the monster that morphed into butterflies '' this shows that you can break free from your demons and turn anything ugly, into something beautiful,'' she then pointed to the tattoo on her right side, which is where the butterflies were directed to ''this is life now, my own little piece of heaven..'' she pushed her shirt back down and flipped her hands palm up.
I looked at her left wrist, it was covered in scars, obviously from self-harm, with a tattoo of some Chinese writing '幸福' .
''What does that mean?'' I looked up at her to see her smiling down at me.
''Happiness''
I turned my attention to her right wrist which also had Chinese writing on it, that read '一切都发生的原因,所以只住生活的全部。’down towards her elbow.
''That one means 'everything happens for a reason, so just live life to the full.' It was something my grandma said to me before she passed away.'' Her smile faltered for a second before she saw me looking and it returned.
''Oh right,'' I smiled up at her '' do you have any others?'' I put my hands in my lap and waited for her to answer.
''Well, I have a bar code on my hip, the bands tattoo which everyone has behind my ear 'perverse imitata' which is Latin for Masquerade. Then I have 2 dates on the back of my neck which are the dates that I beat cancer,'' I had no idea that she'd had cancer before, I guess she doesn't tell everyone '' a pink cancer trust bow behind my ear which I had done for charity, I have Tigger on my left foot, because I'm that awesome I have...a skull on the back of my left arm and the second and Sebring lyrics tattooed in the shape of Of Mice and Men’s logo on the top of my thigh.''
The door of the bus opened and our manager walked in, '' come on you two the others are down at the make-up and hair, get your asses down there, you have to be there in 5 minutes.''