Sequel: Best Expectation
Status: I wanted to upload something.

Best Woman

twelve.

Later on, Evan and Annabelle helped out with chores, mainly clearing out the stables and grooming the horses.

When it reached early evening time, the sun still warming everybody’s skin: Evan was rinsing the mats and Annabelle was putting the last of the horses in the paddock before they would need to put back in their stables later.

Evan whistled at her, and Annabelle grinned and walked towards him, only for him to point the hose at her, soaking her t-shirt, Annabelle shrieked and glared at him, running for him, trying to soak him back with the hose.

They fought over the hose for a good ten minutes, laughing hysterically when a voice interrupted:

“Um…Lulu says dinner is ready…” Daniel said, trying not to look at Annabelle’s soaking body, revealing her body underneath.

Evan nodded, and Annabelle squeaked a “Thanks…we’ll be in a minute…”

Daniel nodded, coughing and walking off, looking back a few times. Annabelle hit Evan’s stomach lightly, Evan pretended to be hurt, still laughing slightly.

“Look at us…Lulu is going to be mad” She drawled and Evan smirked.

“Nice bra…” he commented cheekily, and Annabelle gasped, crossing her arms over her chest.

“You’re such a jerk!” she laughed, and walked off, only for Evan to spray her butt one last time.

“But I’m your jerk right?” he called after her, still laughing. She held up her hand, with a rude gesture and carried on walking.

Evan grinned and quickly finished off hosing the mats.
--
It was after diner when Annabelle took herself and sat on the fencing of the paddock, taking pictures.

“So you’re a photographer?” Daniel’s voice, made her jump slightly, as she looked behind her, and he leaned up on the fence, arms loosely crossed.

She looked down at him and smiled friendly: “Um yeah, freelancing job…kind of just do my own thing.” She said, and glanced back at Razor, to see he was nuzzling Hatter.

She quickly took multiple shots, and was hoping she caught it. Daniel watched her as she adjusted the focus.

“You know something?” he said, he had a southern twang and Annabelle thought it was rather cute.

“Hmmm?” she said, still listening, finally putting the camera down, around her neck on the strap.
She looked to him and gave him a real smile this time, a true “Annabelle” smile. Daniel felt dazed for a second, and smiled back.

“You’re really pretty Annabelle…Lulu told me you were pretty…but…you’re actually rather beautiful.”
He said softly. Annabelle blushed brightly, and jumped down from the fence, and faced him, she lifted the camera up and took a quick picture, with the sun just in the right spot.

“You’re rather beautiful too.” She said, amazed on how confident she was being and showed him the picture. He was handsome, very handsome indeed.

Sun-kissed skin, strong athletic build, with sandy brown hair that he kept sweeping out of his face. She could see a tattoo peeking out of his white t-shirt on his bicep, and he had a crooked yet adorable smile. His eyes were deep brown and reminded Annabelle of chocolate.

He had major potential, and was flirting with her: it should be a match made in heaven.

There was just one problem, Annabelle thought as he grinned at her, her stomach flat, and her heart normal rhythm – he wasn’t Evan.
--
The next few days were bliss for the two of them, they spent days riding horses, helping out and enjoying the Texan sun with each other. It just seemed so easy between them, sentimental chats to hysterics, to banter between them.

Every moment, Annabelle just loved him more if possible.

“So I was thinking we go into town today?” Annabelle asked, as she slipped on her tennis shoes. Evan, who was eating cereal at the table chewed thoughtfully and nodded.

“Okay…” he mumbled, slurping the milk from the bowl. Annabelle rolled her eyes but with an easy smile, Evan always did that.

“Want to drive?” Annabelle asked, and Evan grinned, and wiped his mouth as milk dribbled slightly. Annabelle laughed at him and he smirked. “The 4x4?” he asked hopefully and Annabelle pretended to think.

“Fine…” she drawled and Evan fist pumped the air.

Soon enough the friends were out in Clyde’s 4x4 Range Rover and heading towards the town. It was a Sunday, it was bustling and adorable, just as a simple Texan town would.

“Ooh…” Annabelle said, wandering into a nearby candle store. Evan groaned but followed. Annabelle peered down the aisles, occasionally picking up a candle and sniffing it, either smiling or frowning at the scent.

Evan shuffled behind begrudgingly: “I hate these stores…I always smell girly when I leave…” he mumbled and Annabelle smirked.

“Well if the boot fits….” She teased, and Evan gasped, purposely overly feminine.
Annabelle chuckled and smacked his arm lightly and picked up another candle, which smelled of home baking.

“I love this one..” she commented, but put it back. Evan shook his head, he never understood why Annabelle hardly ever bought things for herself.

Even if it was a measly candle, to a new camera, to even finally moving out to her own place: Annabelle never put herself first.

As Annabelle wondered out, Evan picked up the candle and went to the cashier: “Can this be quick, or she’ll come back for me…” he asked politely, and the cashier grinned.

“It’s so sweet of you to buy this for your girlfriend…” she commented, putting it through and telling him the price.

Evan opened his mouth to protest, he was after all engaged, but instead, he closed his mouth and smiled warmly, taking the bag with the purchase in it.

“What were you doing?” Annabelle asked curiously, as they began walking down again to the market.

“Just bought my Mom some stuff….” Evan shrugged, and Annabelle nodded, his mother loved candles just like she did.

Evan never thought twice on why he didn’t correct that cashier.
♠ ♠ ♠
last filler chapter, next chapter will contain some drama.

Those who commented, read or subscribed - you're all wonderful.
makes me happy :')