Sequel: Best Expectation
Status: I wanted to upload something.

Best Woman

fifteen.

They didn’t speak for the entire day, or evening – nothing could be said, really. Lulu knew not to say anything, and Clyde busied himself with the farm as an awkward air settled between the couple.

It wasn’t till late that night, when Annabelle was curled up in her bed, staring at the window and gazing at the twinkly sky.

She never saw the stars in the city.

When a quiet creak of the door shook her, and she sat up quickly, and saw a dark figure by the doorway, closing the door. She sighed in relief, as his face came into the moonlight.

“Evan.” She breathed, as her heart slowed down.

He didn’t smile, he didn’t do anything, just pulled back her covers, the heat from his skin could be felt, as he put his arms over her stomach and cuddled close to her. Annabelle shifted and faced him, feeling his fingers now stroking her hip.

“What are you doing?” she whispered, and she touched his face gently, the touch of his skin, the touch of him sent her stomach into butterflies.

He looked so sullen, so unsure of himself: “I don’t know what to do anymore…” he whispered croakily, and Annabelle could see tears gathering in his eyes.

In all their years of friendship, of actual crying, grown-up crying – Evan has cried four times. Two were of losing relatives, third time was when his father had a cancer scare, and the fourth was when Annabelle’s mother died. He and Annabelle cried together.

Annabelle sighed, and stroked his hair, running her hand down his face slowly, barely touching him.
She touched his neck, then back to his hair. He closed his eyes, blinking the tears away.

“Why are you crying?” Annabelle asked softly, and Evan opened his eyes again, looking so lost.

“Because I feel like I’m going to lose you.” He whispered back. Annabelle felt her own eyes water, and she blinked them away quickly.

She didn’t give him comfort this time; instead they just held one another, listening to one another breath, wondering how the hell they got into this mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
really short for hopefully "drama"

I'm going to post twice today, because you're all so bloody amazing!

It's Sunday...hungover...bright side, no school tomorrow! Yay for study days! ;D