Sequel: Best Expectation
Status: I wanted to upload something.

Best Woman

one.

“Ta-da!” he announced, cheekily grinning at her. Evan’s aqua-blue eyes looking at her expectantly: Annabelle wasn’t sure how to respond, a smile desperately needing to show on her face, but she couldn’t believe it. She didn’t want to believe it.

The oblivious woman sitting beside Evan, with mid-length, black hair in perfect waves and a beautiful complexion giggled stupidly, and kissed Evan on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick mark behind. He beamed proudly, and looked to Annabelle for her supposedly happy response.

“You – You – You’re getting married?” Annabelle stuttered out in shock, subtle tones of sadness hidden within her words.

Evan nodded vigorously: “In May, the 21st.” he announced happily, and looked back to his fiancée lovingly and kissed her softly.

Annabelle wanted to vomit profusely, all over the restaurant’s table, all over her now uneaten scrambled eggs and bacon, and all over the bitch that was giggling like a ridiculous clown and was touching Evan’s face and chest.

“But that’s only 6 months away!” Annabelle gasped out, her heart was slamming against her, she felt so sick, she felt like she couldn’t breathe. It was nearing Christmas Eve and he had thrown this at her.

“I know! Isn’t it great?” Ellie Moore chuckled happily, sighing contently. The thing about Ellie was she was beautiful, and she knew it, yet she was a decent girl.
When Annabelle first met her, one year ago, she tried so damn hard to hate her but Ellie was nice and didn’t seem threatened by Evan and hers relationship.

“That’s…that’s…” she stammered, unable to get her words out. Evan gave her a confused look, and it was that look that Annabelle managed to spit it out:

“Amazing.” She finished, her words sounded choked.

Evan seemed to sigh with relief: “Congratulations, I’m so happy for…” and as Evan was getting up, and so was she, they hugged tightly. He was chuckling in her ear, his breath warm. He didn’t hear what she said.

“You.” Annabelle whispered in his ear, already feeling her tears coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think? :)