Sequel: Best Expectation
Status: I wanted to upload something.

Best Woman

nineteen.

In a nervous panic, everybody got ready. Evan and some of his college friends (some feeling snubbed that a girl beat the main position) were bantering around, as Evan nervously got ready, feeling dread in his stomach.

He knotted his tie, fiddling with it constantly as he looked in the mirror.

“Hey man…” George said, coming in and grinning. Evan looked over his shoulder, “Want me to get Annie?” he offered.

Evan shook his head: “I’ll go…” he insisted, and looked back at the mirror. George gave him a congratulatory pat on the back, and said they’d see him at aisle.

Evan nodded, and looked out the window, it was a beautiful day – perfect for a wedding, he thought sadly.

With clammy palms, he wiped his hands on his trousers swiftly, and looked around the room, he was ready, it was time. He exited the room, pocketing the hotel key and walking down to Annabelle’s room.

Knocking a few times, he waited patiently, his heart thudding out of his chest. Minutes went by, and she still hadn’t answered.

“Annie?” he called, knocking again. He glanced down the hallways and noticed a maid was closing a room door, she’d just been cleaning. She pushed the trolley further towards Evan.

“Excuse me…” he called, and the lady looked up, and smiled brightly: “Can I help you?” she asked, with a Polish accent.

Evan smiled politely: “My friend is in here, and I’m worried…she’s not answering…could…you let me in?” he asked hopefully. The lady debated and noticed he was wearing a suit, he was the groom.

“Oh, you’re to be wife?” she asked happily, and Evan chuckled nervously, not correcting her and nodded.

The maid opened the door, and Evan thanked her and walked in. The breeze from the balcony could be felt, and as he turned into the bedroom:

“Annie –” he faltered, freezing still. His heart dropping and sickness coming to his stomach, he felt physically ill.

He took a heavy foot forward to the end of the bed and picked up the offending item: a letter of her cursive writing.

Dear Evan, it read.

I’ve written this too many times to count now, but this will be the last one. I’ve broken my promise and I’m the worst friend in the entire world…

Evan shook his head, dread in his stomach and his hands shaking as he read on.

I can’t do it Evan, I can’t watch you marry her – because you don’t know how much I wish it was me you were marrying today.

I’m being stupid and selfish, and for that I’m so sorry for letting you down today. I really wish I could be there but my heart won’t let me, it’s been broken for long enough.

I do give you my best wishes for your marriage with Ellie – she’s a great girl and I wish you all the happiness and love in the world. I hope one day we can be together again and get to how we use to be.


I just need time to stop loving you.

Evan felt his chest pang with hurt.

Which feels impossible at the moment…

Evan sighed heavily, as he read the final lines.

I won’t forget you Evan, ever –
Love always, Annie


Crumpling the paper slightly, Evan sat on the edge of the bed, trying to figure out how to breathe again. It hurt so much to think she wasn’t here, she was leaving him.

A knock at the door grabbed him, and with a numb feeling, Evan went and opened the door. His father smiled brightly at him.

“Come on son…are you okay? Ellie hasn’t left you at the altar has she?” His dad joked, rather inappropriately.

Evan shook his head, and pocketed the letter: “No…” he stuttered, and his father grinned.

“Let’s get you married!” he announced, and led Evan out of Annie’s room, and down the corridor.

“Where’s Annie, son?” his dad asked him as they were in the elevator.
Evan, quick to reply: “Couldn’t make it.” he rasped, and the look on his face told his father not to mention it again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So who saw this coming?

Also has anybody seen Legally Blonde The Musical? The Ohmygod song? I have that in my head all the time when I see the lovely comments and subscribers, geninuely are all awesome! <3