Sequel: Best Expectation
Status: I wanted to upload something.

Best Woman

two.

“Merry Christmas!” Annabelle couldn’t stop the smile form at her lips. It was Christmas night, around 7 o’clock, her father and brother were either asleep or falling into a food induced coma.
Evan had finally arrived, he had spent Christmas at Ellie’s this year. It still stung, when Annabelle thought about it, but then she scolded herself for being so possessive and clingy.

She motioned him in, and he leaned and kissed her cheek, causing tingles to always occur whenever he did that. Annabelle closed the door behind him, and watched as he shrugged his coat off and hanging it up naturally. He ran his hand through his darkish brown hair which looked wind swept after he did that. Annabelle smiled at this and finally spoke: “Merry Christmas Evan.” She said sincerely, and smiled widely at him.

Evan chuckled and nodded up the stairs where he was now standing: “Can we go to your room? I need to give you your present in private…” he asked quietly, smiling still. Butterflies in her stomach, Annabelle nodded and Evan soon led the way.

Over the years, Evan had seen Annabelle’s room change, from a princess room, to a butterfly room, to a yellow sunshine room and now it was it was its mature stage. All of the walls were cream, except one: the feature wall was a deep purple colour and it’s where her bed featured, above her large double bed was a collage hung up by Annabelle, she had made it when she was eighteen, consisted of photographs of all shapes and sizes, consisting of her life. Evan was in a lot of it.

Evan loved Annabelle’s room, it was so homely and always smelled of scented candles and her bed was by far the comfiest. Not only that, the room suited her: mature, elegant and beautiful.
She went over to her desk, opened the first drawer on the right and lifted out a box shaped, of the medium size, wrapped beautifully in deep blue paper, tied with a maroon bow.

Evan’s eyes lit up with excitement: “Oh give me, give me…” he teased. Annabelle rolled her eyes but handed the gift over.

They sat on bed, both crossed legged. Annabelle observed him, he was wearing a navy blue Christmassy type jumper with black skinnies, he looked gorgeous – just like he always did.

He loved the gift of cologne, chocolates and a new evening shirt with complimentary skinny tie, all folded and placed neatly in the box.

“I love it, thanks so much Annie…” Evan exclaimed excitedly, one arm hugging her, and kissing her head. She beamed proudly and told him it was no problem.

“Okay, you’re turn!” Evan sang, and picked up the small gift bag he had carried upstairs. He smiled so wide, Annabelle couldn’t help grin in response.

“You better not have spent more than me!” she groaned, and Evan just smirked. Every year, Evan always out did her gifts, not on purpose, but Annabelle hated it.

“Shush, it’s Christmas… okay here you go!” he announced and shoved the bag to her. Annabelle grinned as she prised the bag over, moving the tissue paper away and picking up the small-medium box inside.

It was red velvet covered and had the jeweller’s name engraved on top:

“Evan!” she shrieked in awe, as she noticed the shop name, it was extremely expensive.

“Don’t argue, open it!” he urged, and Annabelle with shaking hands did, revealing the most beautiful bracelet she’d ever seen.

“Oh my god…” Annabelle squeaked, as she picked it up, and held it carefully. She glanced at Evan, tears in her eyes.

“This is too much…” she started but Evan shook his head: “Nothing is too much for you Annie, it’s a friendship bracelet, from me to you because I love you and you’re my best friend no matter what.” Evan said. Annabelle wiped away a tear from her eye and tried to clasp it on.
Her hands with shaking too much, Evan’s warm hands took over, leaving tingles on her skin as he touched her wrists softly. He clasped it on and it fit perfectly.

A beautiful silver bracelet, delicate and pretty – just what she loved.

“Thank you so much Evan…” Annabelle said warmly, and hugged him tightly. Evan didn’t let her go and she didn’t let him go. They hugged on her bed for some time and Annabelle loved how he smelled so nice.

“There was something else I wanted to ask…” Evan said suddenly, his voice more serious. Annabelle looked away from the glistening gift, and smiled softly at him.

“Yeah?” she murmured quietly. Evan sat a bit closer, the two friends facing each other. Annabelle looked at his lips, those soft lips of his.

“I want you to be my best woman, Annie.” He suddenly spilled out.
Annabelle wasn’t sure what hurt most: her own heart breaking, or saying yes to his request.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anybody out there?