Sequel: Best Expectation
Status: I wanted to upload something.

Best Woman

eight.

Leo visited the following day, Annabelle was working on some pictures on her computer when the door knocked. Her father was at work, which he only worked part-time for now so it left her to go answer it.

She smiled as she saw her brother’s figure at the door: “Hey Anna…” he greeted, Leo was the only one to call her that, and also “kid” but that name was rarely used now.

“Hey Leo…” she hugged him and he returned the motion. They went into the kitchen and Annabelle automatically set to make tea.

“Want anything to eat?” she asked, as she opened up their fridge: “Don’t mind, what you got?” he asked, as Annabelle pulled out a bowl of fruit salad.

She grabbed two forks, and as Leo sat behind the counter, on a stool, Annabelle leaned into the counter the other side, and the two began to eat.

“What’s with the visit?” she asked casually. Leo didn’t respond straight away, as he chewed thoughtfully.

“I’m visiting a friend…” he said at last, and Annabelle looked at him curiously, pointing her fork at him: “A lady friend?” she joked, and Leo just blushed slightly.

Annabelle’s mouth dropped slightly: “You are? Is she your girlfriend?” she asked hopefully and Leo grinned: “Hopefully if she says yes to me today…” and Annabelle squealed slightly.

“Aw Leo, that’s awesome…” she exclaimed happily. Leo chuckled nervously: “Thanks…I think at last I’m doing something right.” He sighed, and Annabelle smiled softly at him.

“I’m proud of you.” She said seriously, and Leo looked right at her, almost in shock.

“Sometimes it doesn’t feel like that.” He mumbled quietly, it stung Annabelle slightly and she sighed and put her fork down.

“Well I am…” she reasoned, and Leo shrugged. “Look I don’t want to dig up the past…so tell me….how are you and Evan?” he asked and Annabelle rolled her eyes.

Ever since Annabelle told Leo of her love for her best friend, Leo had it in his head that they were going to be together.

“Just friends…. Still.” Annabelle said firmly and Leo scoffed, as he nibbled on his mango.

“That’ll change soon enough.” He said in a sing-song voice. Annabelle rolled her eyes and stabbed a piece of melon angrily.

“Yeah, I wish.” She muttered bitterly.

After a few more hours and quick chat with his Dad, Leo left to go see his mystery girl – leaving Annabelle to set dinner up for her and her father.

Her phone, indicating a message:

Hey! Ellie is out with girls tonight – fancy coming over? I’ve got popcorn and movies! – Evan

Annabelle smiled – she could never say no to that:

Sounds fun, I’ll be round about 8ish – Annabelle

Within seconds, the phone beeped again:

Can’t wait! – Evan

He’d have no idea how quick her heart went.
♠ ♠ ♠
Had a day with my best friend - life is good again.

Thank you for commenting/reading/subscribing and being generally an awesome person<3