Status: As active as my sex life. ...Nevermind, that's not very active...

Can We Create Something Beautiful?

I Refuse To Sink

-Eric's POV, 1 week later-

Blake has been too different for me lately. It was beginning to scare me. What was going on in his head? Suicide? Replays of that night? Whatever it was, he was afraid and depressed.

I saw Blake on the sidewalk. He had on black jeans and a black sweater. Yes, he must've been mourning Aidmoon, as he rarely wore all black. He wasn't even wearing his panda hat. This was bad.

I walked up to him and hugged him from behind. "Morning, baby," I muttered in his ear. He turned around and hugged me tightly.
"Morning." His eyes were cold and lifeless. He wasn't wearing any eye shadow, eyeliner, nothing.

"How are you?"
"I'm fine."
"No, you're not..."
"Then why did you ask if you already knew the answer?"
"I wanted to see if you could say it. Do you want me to stay with you? I'll hold you and kiss you all day. If you need me to, I'll even drive you home." I grabbed a hold of his hand.
"No. I'm fine." He loosened his hold on me.
"Oh. Alright. Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Absolutely posi-"
"Eric, I don't need a fucking counselor!" he snapped. I let go of his hand.

"Okay. I'm sorry."
"Whatever. Can I just go?"
"Can I have a kiss?"
"No. I just wanna be alone." My heart shattered.
"Okay. See you, I guess..."
"Maybe." My eyes shot open. I turned around quickly.

"Y'know, Blake, you're really fucking scaring me."
"Why?"
"You're being distant and scared. You just said maybe to me saying see you later. That either means you're gonna end it with me or yourself. And I want neither of those things. I love you, Blake. I just want to help you."
"I don't need any help. I'm mature enough."
"No, clearly. I don't want you dead."
"Well, I do." He began walking away.
"You know what, Blake? We're done. I'm done with this. I want to help you be happy, but you're pushing me away like I'm nothing. You want to be dead? No one else wants that. But I guess there's no stopping you, so it's best I get unattached before you end it. Bye." I walked back to my car. Fuck school. I'm not going today.

I layed back in my seat, watching Blake sit on the sidewalk, notebook in hand. He must've been writing. He then put his hands on his face and started crying. It must've been about Aidmoon. I'm not important enough to him.

I wanted to drive away, but something kept me there. I didn't want to leave him alone, but I had to. He didn't want me. I knew he didn't. I wrapped my arms around my knees and closed my eyes. My best friend was dead and my ex is emotionless. This is hell for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit to Blood On The Dancefloor <3 judge me. And mehh. I know I haven't updated in a while. Theatre and homework. Ughh.