Status: As active as my sex life. ...Nevermind, that's not very active...

Can We Create Something Beautiful?

The Phoenix

-Eric's POV-

I got home from the park and went into my room. I laid back on my bed, exhausted from the day. I put on a tired smile, remembering how gorgeous Blake looked today. I wanted to be next to him at this very moment. I loved him so much, it was insane.

I began calling him. He didn't answer at any point in time. I called the music store. He wasn't in. I got worried. What if he tried to kill himself? What if somebody killed him? I had to know.

I drove back to his house. It felt like the longest drive of my life. I knocked on his door. It usually went like this. I just took out the key to his apartment I had and let myself in. I heard terrible cries coming from the shower. The water stopped and the sounds got louder. I slowly sauntered to his room, where he was sitting in a long black tee and boxers. His hands were covering his face. I walked over and sat next to him. "Babe, what's wrong?"

No answer. Just more and more tears.

He held me closely. "E-Eric...d-don't get mad..."
"Why? What happened?"
"Th-This guy came in...I didn't kn-know him...a-and he had a knife...h-he threatened to kill me if I didn't..." His voice trailed off.

"Didn't what?"
"D-Didn't have sex with him..." My heart dropped. His best friend was killed and he was raped. There was no way I was going to let him go now. He needed me more than ever.

"Sweetie...I'm not mad at you."
"B-But I had sex with someone else..."
"That wasn't sex, Blake. That's rape." Clearly he didn't know this, as he cried even harder into my chest.

"I should have just let him stab me..."
"That wasn't cheating, sweetheart! If I was in your situation, I would've done the same. It isn't your fault that happened. It's his. You didn't want to."
"I f-feel dirty."
"It's okay. He can't get you anymore."
"He said he'd be back."
My face got stern. "Call the police."
"No!"
"Go! I want you to be okay. If you don't, I will."
"Then you go do it. I don't wanna remember it..."
"Maybe not right now...I mean, it just happened."
"Okay..."
"Tell me what he did to you exactly."
"H-He took my clothes off a-and shoved a...y'know...in me...then he took it out and put himself in. N-No condom, lube or anything..."
"Oh, baby..." I brought him into my lap. He cried into my shoulder silently. I rarely saw Blake cry, so when he did, something went very wrong. I could tell he was shaken up by this. Of course, I would be too, but...

He leaned back on the bed. I laid back next to him. I grabbed onto his hand. "He won't get you as long as I'm around."

"Yes, he will..."
"Baby-"
"Stop trying to reassure me of this! He's a persistant asshole, and it's going to happen again, maybe even worse!" he screamed. I just looked at him and frowned. He rolled over, facing the wall. I brought myself against his back and nuzzled my face in the crook of his shoulder. I pulled a blanket over us. He rolled back over and cuddled into my chest, crying heavily. I pet his head, looking down at him somberly. The light of my life went dim, and there was nothing I could do to spark him back up again. It hurt. I was barely holding back my own tears looking at the boy in despair. It hurt just thinking about him sad, holding him to console him was worse.

My phone began to ring. It was probably my mom, wondering where I was. "Hello?"
"Eric, where are you?!" I was right.
"At Blake's."
"You didn't tell me."
"It was an emergency. I'm sorry."
"Fine, but I want you to come home."

Blake looked at me and shuddered. "N-No," he muttered.

"Mom...he's pretty broken. I'll explain tomorrow. But he can't be alone tonight."
"Alright. Fine. Does he wanna stay over there or come over here?"

"E-Either's f-fine," The poor thing was so shaken, he kept stuttering through his words. It made me wanna cry.

"I think we'll take him home. He needs to be around people."
"Alright, dear. I'll be waiting."
"Okay. Love you."
"Love you too."

I held Blake's hand. "Baby, it'll all be okay. You can sleep at my house, don't worry."
"I'm s-still scared."
"I'll protect you. Anyone tried to touch you, I'll kick their ass. I love you."
"I love you too."

We got into my car and drove to my house. We walked in and my mother saw Blake's red, tear stained face and gave him a big hug.

"I don't know what it is sweetheart, but if it's that bad, you can stay here for a bit. Okay?"
"O-Okay. Thank you, ma'am..."
"Anytime, dear." She let go and let us go up to my room.

"I gotta get changed," I said.
"Then get changed. We're boyfriends."
"...Are you sure you're comfortable with that?"
"I don't care." I shrugged and tossed off my shirt and pants. I pulled on some sweatpants and flopped onto my bed. Blake laid next to me. I covered us in my blanket and snuggled him closely and dearly.

"Don't you cry, sweetie...I'm here to protect you." He said nothing, but got closer to me and soon fell asleep. I fell asleep about 20 minutes after, happily content with the boy I love in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit to Fall Out Boy. Follow me on Twitter @PierceTheFresno for story announcements. I'm pretty busy, so I'll tell progress there.