The Price of Being a Father

Mummy

“Daddy,” chirped a small four year old boy. “When’s mummy coming home?” he asked.
“Soon, Charlie,” Tom replied as he ruffled his son’s hair. “Now help me set up the table. Your mum will be home any minute.” The small boy eagerly ran to the kitchen and began setting the utensils down as Tom put the plates on the table.
Just as they finished setting the table, the sound of a car pulling into the garage and someone fumbling with keys could be heard.
“Hello,” a female voice from the door cried out. “Is anyone home?”
“Mummy!” Charlie exclaimed as he ran to the door wrapping his arms around his mother’s legs. “I missed you!”
“I missed you too, sweetie,” she said she squatted down and wrapped her arms around her son.
“Victoria, darling,” sang Tom. “How was your trip?”
“It was lovely,” she answered as she stood up to place a kiss on her husband’s cheek. “Is there anything for dinner? I’m starving.”
“Actually, Charlie and I just finished setting up the table. I made your favorite,”
After eating dinner and chatting about her two week business trip to Switzerland, Victoria realized it was getting late. “Tom, I think it’s about time we put Charlie to bed,” she said as she began clearing the table and putting the dishes in the sink.
“But I don’t want to go to sleep, mummy,” whined the four year old. “I want to stay with you.”
“Now Charlie,” began Tom. “It’s bedtime. Now run upsets and get ready for bed.”
“Alright,” Charlie sighed as he left the kitchen leaving his parents alone.
“It’s been a while, love,” Tom said seductively when the coast was clear. He walked over to the sink where Victoria began doing the dishes and pressed his chest against her back. “Hasn’t it?” he whispered into her ear.
“Two weeks is a long time,” Victoria replied trying to suppress a moan as Tom trail kissed her neck and collarbone. Tom placed his large hands on her sides and slowly crept down to her thigh, playing with the hem of her dress. “Tom,” Victoria purred as his fingers inched closer and closer to her entrance. Suddenly, the two were interrupted by a childish voice saying “Mummy”.
“Charlie!” Victoria blurted out, embarrassed. “What are you doing here?” she asked taking a small step away from her husband. “I thought we sent you to bed.”
“But you haven’t tucked me in,” Charlie stated innocently.
“Oh, right. Of course,” Victoria answered as she walked with Charlie to his bedroom, but not before mouthing ‘upstairs’ to Tom.
“Alright,” sang Victoria as she covered her son with blankets. “Goodnight, Charlie.”
“Goodnight, mummy,” Charlie responded. Victoria smiled as she turned off the lights and made her way to the bedroom she shared with Tom.
“Now where were we,” Victoria said seductively as she entered the bedroom and walked over to Tom who was sitting on the edge of the bed. She placed her legs on either side of him and straddled his lap.
“I think I was about to fuck you senseless,” he answered as his hand crept up her skirt and attacked her lips.
“Easy there, Hiddleston,” she moaned between breaths. “We’ve got all night,” she said grinding her hips against his. As Tom tried to suppress a groan, the two were interrupted for the second time that night by childish voice calling out “mummy”. Tom sighed in slight annoyance while Victoria reluctantly got off her husband and made her to Charlie’s room. A few minutes later, Victoria returned with a grin on her face causing Tom to give her a questioning look. “Charlie is so adorable,” she cooed. “He said he couldn’t fall asleep without me singing him a lullaby.”
“I’m adorable too,” pouted Tom.
“Tom, are you jealous of your own son?” Victoria inquired.
“Well he seems to be getting more attention than I am,” Tom pointed out.
“I promise the rest of the night, you’re going to be the only one getting my attention,” she whispered as she climbed on top of him and began kissing Tom’s neck.
However, that was not the case. Each time the two got more intimate, Charlie would manage to get his mother’s attention by calling out “mummy” and saying he needed water or a stuffed animal or his night light on. As the night wore on, Tom’s hope of getting laid that night slowly diminished. “Love, maybe we should give up for the night,” Tom sighed.
“Why on earth would you say that,” Victoria muttered against his chest.
“Mummy,” Charlie cried out. Victoria sighed, getting off of Tom and putting on one his shirts since she was only in her undergarments. She slowly made her way off the bed, but before she get off, the four year old jumped on the bed attacking her.
“Charlie, what’s wrong?” she asked concerned.
“I had a bad dream,” he muttered with his head buried in her stomach. “May I sleep with you and daddy?”
“Ummm,” she began while looking over at Tom who gave her a small nod. “Alright, but just for tonight. Go get your stuffed rabbit.” As Charlie ran to get his toy, Victoria said to Tom, “We can always spoon.”
When Charlie got back, he plopped himself between both his parents and uttered a quick “goodnight.”
“So much for spooning,” sighed Tom.
“I’m sorry, darling.”
“It’s fine.”
“Goodnight,” she said giving him a quick kiss.
“Goodnight,” he responded.
Tom was the first one to wake up the morning and the sight beside him brought a smile on his face. His son was holding on to his toy rabbit and Victoria had her arm draped around Charlie. Both looked so perfect and he knew that his was worth everything. “Good morning, Tom,” Victoria groaned as she woke up. “What are you smiling at?”
“Just the two of you. I love you both so much,” Tom said placing a kiss on her forehead.
“I love you too, Tom. You’re such a good father,” she said getting out of bed and grabbing her bath robe hanging on the bedroom door. “So does daddy want to help me shower?” she asked seductively.
“What about Charlie?” Tom asked raising an eyebrow.
“Charlie was up half the night. He’ll probably sleep till noon,” she pointed out. “Besides, mama’s got two boys she’s got to take care of,” she said winking. And with that, Tom eagerly followed her into the shower where he was rewarded for being a ‘good daddy’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey this was written in response to a prompt about Tom and his wife trying to get it on but kept on getting c-blocked by their clever child on tumblr. If you're a Tom Hiddleston fan, you should clicky the link : http://thfrustration.tumblr.com/. (I'm not incharge of that blog, I just love it) Thank you- Stace