Rotten Bones

The cool is dead, baby go on and sleep.

Image

“Lulu what are you doing?” I heard Verona yell through the apartment.

“Me, well I’m showered and getting changed into my pajamas and then I might just curl up on the couch with a movie and fall asleep.” I spoke to her like she was one of the children I teach.

“No your not, it’s a Friday night Lu.” She exclaimed, she had too much energy.

“Exactly, it’s a Friday night, I have had a long week at work I’m gonna sleep.” I mumbled curling into the lounge more.

“You sound like my fifty year old mother.” Ve retorted.

“Ve your mum isn’t even fifty.” I giggled

“Okay then you my dear are worse then my mum.”

“Why are you nagging at me? This is what I do every Friday night.”

“Because Lu you're 23, you should be out having fun, hang on you do know what that is right, fun?” She mocked.

“Yes I’m aware of what it is but…”

“No but,” She cut me off, “I told you last week about the gig I have tonight, you have to go get changed now. You told me you were coming, and we need to leave now.”

Now that she mentioned it I did remember something about a gig at a bar, with some other band that’s bound to be huge. Honestly I had no idea what she had said to me, all I knew was that my ass was being kicked off the lounge and pushed into my bedroom.

“You have ten minutes.” I heard her yell after me.

I hated these sorts of things Verona was my best friend she was the bubbly, fun and charismatic one out of the two of us. While I on the other hand was the more intellectual, reserved and shy friend. It worked well for us; we balanced each other out except times like this where I wanted nothing to do with her shenanigans.

I quickly pulled on some jeans and a black low cut top, I classed it as one of my few dressy tops and some wedged boot heels. Leaving my short hair a curly mess and adding some light makeup, I was ready to go.

“I’m driving your gonna get smashed I know.” I announced grabbing my keys and heading straight out the door without even looking at Ve.

I situated myself at the bar, which was probably a stupid move since I knew I wouldn’t really drink anything. But I got a nice view of the stage from where I sat.

“Lulu I have to go, I go on in like ten minutes.” Ve shouted over the loud bar music.

“I’ll still be here.” I smiled sarcastically.

“Oh don’t get too excited now.” She shook her head at me.

“Have fun.” I called back.

Verona was in a band called ‘Midnight Shades.” They liked to think they were going to be the next Evanescence, but lets face it Ve was no Amy Lee. Although I attended these shows on a regular occurrence I still couldn’t get used to the stench of alcohol, smoke and sweat that filled the place. And although I have seen numerous bands play not once have I found interest in their music or their men. This was not my scene; it was a scene I was dragged into.

Verona came out on stage all guns blazing; as usual she did a great job of getting the crowd riled up. I sat at the bar, probably a bad place for a girl who doesn’t really drink much to be sitting, but hey I had a great view. Until I felt someone on my right knock me and spill his or her drink on my jeans.

“Shit,” I mumbled, looking up.

“Fuck, sorry.” He was tall and lean with broad shoulders. Completely covered in tattoos and intimidating.
I tried to duck away from him immediately but he wouldn’t have it.

“I really am sorry.”

I nodded “It’s fine, really.” I gave him a small smile.

“Let me buy you a drink?” He tried, I shook my head.

“I don’t really drink.” I replied, trying to look away again, but he was persistent.

“But you’re sitting at a bar?”

“I have a good view.”

“You do.” He nodded “Mind if I take a seat?” he asked I shook my head, indicating that it was fine. And he sat in the stool next to mine. “And I can’t entice you to a drink?” He asked again, as though he was making sure.

“You can’t.” I looked at him. For the first time really looked at him. He had black choppy hair and dark smoky brown eyes that looked at me as though he was looking into me. And if his eyes didn’t scare me the tattoos up his neck and the teardrop under his eye did. Did that mean he had been to jail or killed a guy? Or both?

I wanted to get up and walk away.

“Well that’s not the usual reaction I get.” He chuckled it seemed to lighten his entire demeanor and in tern made me giggle as well. His head instantly snapped to look at me as I did so and I got quiet again.

“Can I get another JD?” He yelled to the man behind the bar and leaned up against it while waiting for his drink. In my peripheral vision I could see him fidget as he waited. It was like he couldn’t keep his body still his hands were either constantly running through his hair or drumming on the counter top. And when I looked down his foot was tapping against the grubby floor.

He got his drink and sat back down next to me, his arm stayed brushed up against mine, and I felt this odd current of electricity run through me. I’m not sure what made me stay sitting next to him. Especially when everything in me was telling me to walk away.

“Are you okay?” I asked over the loud music, he looked at me strangely. “Sorry.” I mumbled before turning away again. I had only asked because he was still fidgeting, and his mind seemed somewhere else completely.

“I’m a little nervous is all.” I heard his voice but didn’t look in his direction. I wondered why he was so nervous, there had to be some big reason. And it sure as hell wasn’t because he was talking to me. A guy like that covered head to toe in tattoos and intimidating as all hell was not nervous because of a girl. Especially not someone like me.

But before I got a chance to question him or say anything more he stood from the stool.

“I’ll see you around yea.” And with that being said he walked away, and I must have been holding my breath because I finally felt like I could breath again.

Not five minutes later the seat that the man had evacuated was filled as Ve took his place. She was all sweaty from running around on stage and still amped up she ordered a drink.

She looked at me expectantly “You were great as usual.” I told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i thought i would try something new please tell me what you think, it would mean the world to me.
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=66419843 -Lucy's Outfit