Rotten Bones

And lover burry me

Image


After work on Thursday I got a phone call on my way home I answered the call and via Bluetooth Verona’s voice filled my car.

‘Hey Lulu, how was your day?” She asked she sounded like she wanted something

“It was pretty shit actually,” I replied

“Oh why was that?”

“Just everything seemed to go wrong and this weather is making the kids go stir crazy.” It had rained all day

“Oh that’s no good, hey anyway can you do me a favor?”

“How did I know this was coming, what do you need?”

“Can you pick me up from somewhere?” she asked

“Where are you?” She gave me an address, I roughly knew where it was but I had no idea why she was there or where there was exactly.

“Where are you exactly Ve?”

At Ronnie’s new place.” She told me and I had to stop and think for a minute I knew she had been talking to Jacky a lot, so I figured Ronnie was Ronnie Radke.

“Why are you at his place and why cant you get home?” By this stage I was already heading in the direction of Ronnie’s, I turned up the speed of my window wipers as the rain came down harder.

“I went out with Jacky this morning, it was my day off, and we ended up at Ronnie’s cause he is moving into this new place, and now the boys have started drinking so I don’t want Jacky driving me home.” She explained in a rush.

“Whatever I’ll be there in ten minutes.” I told her before ending the call.
Honestly going to pick Ve up was the last thing I wanted to do, I wanted to get out of these ugly shoes and tight skirt and curl up on the couch and finish the marking that I had to do for the children. After a chaotic and relatively shitty day at school the last I thing I wanted to do was go find my friend and probably have to make small talk with guys I barley even knew.

When I got the Ronnie’s new apartment I called Ve from the car
“Come up were just having something to eat it’s the third floor door 8” I groaned hoping I could just call her and she would come down to the car and we could leave and that would be the end of it, but no. So I got out of the car braving the rain and ran for the building in front of me it was relatively nice place nothing fancy but middle class.

By the time I reached the door and knocked I shook the rain from the cardigan I found in the back of my car and put on a happy face. Ve met me at the door all smiley faced and I think a little intoxicated.

“Hi beautiful girl come have pizza with us.” She declared I silently tried to plead with her to make her understand I just wanted to go home but there was no getting through to her. And I couldn’t say anything cause the boys were in the next connecting room.

“Hey guys,” I smiled

“Our sexy teacher arrives.” Derek smiles and I shake my head

“This teacher has had the worst day, kids suck sometimes.” I declared and they all laughed at me. They were all gathered around the kitchen island leaned over three boxes of pizza and I took a slice. If I had to be here I was at least going to eat.

Over an hour later I was still at Ronnie's the guys were all playing some sort of video games that I didn’t understand, Ve was seated on Jacky’s lap while Ronnie was trying to unpack a few boxes.

“Ve can we head out soon?” I asked

“Yea soon okay.” She told me but the look she gave me said anything but that.

So instead I got up off the couch and walked past the middle of the TV, having each boy yell at me as I made my way over to the balcony, closing the door behind me I lit up a smoke.

Before I finished my smoke the sliding door opened and alerted me to someone coming out to join me. I turned around to face Ronnie; he had an unlit smoke in his mouth and a crooked smile.

“Got a light?” He asked with the smoke still in his mouth I lit his smoke for him, and he leant up against the railing next to me.

“So are you liking the new place?” I asked, I didn’t want to stand in silence. It was strange I wanted to get to know him.

“Yea it’s really weird, I haven’t lived on my own in what feels like ages.”

“Where have you been living then?” I knew he was in jail but I didn’t want to be blunt about saying it.

“I’ve only been out of jail for like a month,” He mumbled not looking up at me, though I had turned my entire body to look at him.

“Where have you been living since then?”

“With my brother and his family, they have been good to me, but I needed to find my own place.” I nodded, he still refused to look at me and we were both quiet for a few moments. We had both finished our smokes but neither of us seemed real egger to head back inside; it was kind of nice just to watch the rain.

“You knew didn’t you?” He asked after a moment and I gave him a confused look even though I have a fair idea of what he was asking me.

“About jail”

I nod “Verona told me, she has a tendency to say too much.”

“When?”

“The night I met you.” I mumbled and he nodded.

“You didn’t know who I was or anything before that night?” He asks, I know that he is famous in his scene of music I figure that’s what he is trying to work out.

“Don’t flatter yourself Ronnie,” The smile he flashes me is the most shockingly beautiful thing and it makes me giggle.

Were both quiet again and it’s a little awkward but Ronnie still has a smile painted on his handsome face.

“Are you okay?” I ask “Your just awfully quiet, and I don’t even know why I’m asking because it’s not as though I know you, maybe your just a generally quite person but…you just don’t strike me as one.” I ramble for a minute or two and though he is smiling while I ramble once I stop so does his smile.

“Why don’t you take me for a quiet person?” His answering my question with a question takes me by surprise and I have to stop and think a moment, we both pull out another smoke and I light them both.

“I don’t know, just watching you play live, on that stage. You have this amazing stage presence that makes everyone around you believe your this crazy rock star…no that’s not the right word I just mean that it’s like you have this whole other persona that eludes the audience to believing you are one way. But then your not, your quiet and I think you think too much.”

There is more silence and I think Ronnie is trying to process everything I have just said.

“I’m sorry” I apologies “I really don’t know what I’m talking about.”

“No you’re right, I just… I'm quiet because I'm not used to talking to people, jail screws with you and I’m still trying to work out how to live a normal life again.

With that the sliding door opens again and Verona walks out.
“There you are, come on lets get your grumpy ass home.”

“My grumpy ass, just be grateful I came to get your drunk ass.” I shook my head and followed her back the way she came. Turning back only to see Ronnie staring back at me, I smiled slightly everything about him shocked me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucy's outfit

So please, please let me know what you think of this!