Rotten Bones

Up on the screen

Image


I woke up with a heavy and fully tattooed arm wrapped around my waist, and even though I was comfortable and felt completely safe in the confines of Ronnie’s arms I instantly freaked out.

I needed to get out.

There were so many things running through my head like the fact I didn’t know him at all. I didn’t know his intentions; as modest as that sounded, I didn’t know what this meant. I sure as hell knew he had some issues but I didn’t even know what they were and the thing that was plaguing my mind the most was the fact I still had no idea what he had done to end up in jail for over two years.

As softly as I could I tried to pry his arm from my body, lifting it off me I crawled out of bed and scavenged around to try and find all my lost articles of clothing. Slipping my underwear back on and then my top and pants I was almost out of there when I dropped one of my heavy boots on the wooden floor, and that’s where it all really spiraled out of control.

“Where are you going?” Ronnie asked in a groggy voice it was husky and sweet but I still needed out.

“I have to go.” The tone of my voice alone alerted Ronnie that something wasn’t right.

“What why it’s Sunday, you don’t have work, I’ll make breakfast.” He tried

“Nah…I just have to get out of here, I have stuff to do.”

“Lucy?” He questioned

“I can’t do this, I don’t know what I was thinking I have to go.” He stands and slips some boxers on they hang low on his hips and I groan inwardly cause I want to touch him. But I back up a little instead.

“What the fuck Lucy?” He is so frustrated “What’s this about?”

“This was a mistake, I don’t even know you…Sorry Ron.” And with that I pick up my heels off the floor and grab my bag by the door and run down the flight of stairs to my car.

And I don’t let myself breath until I'm half way down the street and my brain can focus again, and I can try and sort through this mess of emotions and questions my brain has created for itself.

Around 3.30 in the afternoon I'm laying in my bath trying to relax when my phone goes off. I reach for it on the bathroom counter while still in the bath and answer when I see its Verona.

“Hi,” I smile into the phone.

“Hey what the hell happened?” She asks and my smile instantly fades.

“What are you talking about?” I play dumb, but she’s not having any of it.

“With you and Ron, he called Jacky said you ran out of there like a bat out of hell.” Thanks heap Jacky.

“Nothing happened.” I try

“Lulu what’s going on with you two are you a couple?” she asks and I reply with a quick to the point “No”.

“Then…I don’t understand” her voice drifts and before I can come up with some excuse she cuts in “Fuck, you had sex!” she almost yells

“Ve” I whine

“Shit, why did you run out then I don’t get it, he can’t be bad.” At that I have to laugh, that was definitely not the issue.

“I just, I don’t know anything about this guy I think it’s a bad idea to get involved.”

“Google him.” That was always her answer to solving problems.

“I don’t want to Ve! I don’t want to and he doesn’t want to tell me about himself so that’s it, finished!”

“I get it, I get it.” She sounds about as tired as I feel.

“I just need some time to myself.”

“Okay call me if you want company, love you.”

“Love you.” I reply before putting my phone back up and sinking into the depth of my bath.
♠ ♠ ♠
How are you feeling about all this?