Rotten Bones

We Would Dance All Night

The next morning I rolled over and smiled at the sight of a sleeping Ronnie, his lips pouty and his hair a mess. Crawling out of bed I made my way to the shower and as I stand under the warm spray I think about what happened last night. It wasn’t a secret anymore I knew why Ronnie had gone to jail and surprisingly I was okay with it and for the first time I a long time my initial reaction was to pull someone closer instead of push them away. And for right now that was all I needed to know to be completely content.

Getting out of the shower I find Ronnie sitting up in bed watching for me to return.

“Good morning.” He mumbles

“Morning”

“You haven’t thought better of this and are running out on me again are you?” he asks and I chuckle

“This is actually my place so where would I be running out to?” I ask and he shakes his head

“I'm serious.” He mumbles

“I'm not running out Ronnie, but I do have to go to work.” He nods

“That’s ok I have to go into the studio anyway, were recording an album.” He yawns he is incredibly child like in the mornings, it’s almost sweet for a guy covered in tattoos.

“That’s amazing how do I not know this?” I ask getting ready for work as we talk.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t actually seem excited about this,”

“I am I guess its just really intimidating stand in a room full of people who are critiquing and criticizing lyrics you wrote in jail.”

“Like anxiety?” I ask

“Maybe,” He nods and I nod in reply not sure what to say I know his anxiety has really effected him since he’s been out of jail.

“I think you just have to remember that they are trying to help you and that half of them are your band mates. I know they are really trying to understand and that they are in this with you, not against you.”

“I know.”

Work was ultimately uneventful and that was probably a good thing, working with children can be painful but for the most part it was rewarding. Though as three thirty rolled around I was finally able to leave I was headed to the recording studio to check out how the guys were going getting their album down, they had been in the studio for a few days now.

Arriving at the studio I gave my name to the lady at reception and she directed me down the hall to door number three. As soon as I entered I could feel the tension thick as blood and ready to burst.

“Hi…” I said timidly from the door way and everyone waved back Jacky making his way over to me.

“What’s the matter?” I asked and he looked at me shocked as though to say how do you know something is wrong?

“Nothing its just stressful, Rons been in and out of recording all day and I think he is about to lose his shit.”

“Why?”

“Because he isn’t happy with something, he isn’t happy with anything he has recorded.” For the first time I looked into the adjoining room with a thick glass window and viewed Ronnie, he looked angry as hell and abut ready to pull his hair out. I couldn’t hear him but I could tell he was singing.

“Can I go in there?” I asked Jacky and now he was just looking at me like I was stupid.

“Yep just let him get this down and you can.”

“Has he been bad or…” Jacky looked at me confused

“Sorry I mean does he sound bad, or he just being hard on himself?” I tried again

“No he has been great but every time he comes out he says that he wants it to sound a certain way and that he can t make it happen.” I nodded

“You can go in now if you want Lucy.” Ryan yells out and I nod thanking them before braving it and entering the recording room.

“Hey.” I mumble smiling at Ronnie and he turns to look at me, his face void of all emotion. “What’s the matter?”

“This is just stupid.” He yells, I know he’s not yelling at me he is just frustrated, so I use hand gestures for him to continue.
“Okay so this one I wrote it in jail and it was just after I had been put in isolation and I was so pissed at the entire world. And I feel like I cant do it justice, nothing sounds how it is supposed to.”

“Your just overthinking everything stop.”

“You don’t understand.” He yells back

“Just stop okay…go back to that place and remember how you felt and sing it the way you feel it, sing it like you do live.”

“Come here.” He mumbles and I before I can get too close he pulls me into him and smashes his lips against mine and I am pretty sure that everyone can see us through the glass and is watching but I don’t even care as I kiss him back.

“I hate recording.” He mumbles against my lips

“And I hate coming in here and seeing you pulling your hair out.” I reply

“Where did you even come from?” He asks still holding me close

“Well you see when a mummy and a…”

“Oh get out of here.” He laughs cutting me off

“Sing.” I yell at him as I walk out back the way I came and the boys whistle and holler at me as I re-enter the main room and I have to laugh as they make room for me on the couch, and Ronnie goes back to doing whatever it is he does.

“Better.” I hear the man behind all the controls say I guess he is producing it. “Whatever you did or said you’re amazing.” He directs at me and all the boys high five me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not being around much lately, i have zero inspiration for this story, got any ideas?