Status: First main; Very slowly active

Hutch or Peck?

Chapter 3

Of course, my best friend had to have a beautiful backyard and a couple of benches here and there as well as a swimming pool.

Hutcherson and I walked hand in hand towards one of the benches. He beckoned for me to sit down and I did so. I stared at the backyard and soon enough, the sky itself seeing as it was a clear, beautiful night.

“So,” he began causing me to tear my eyes from the night sky, “how did you become friends with Josh?” he asked causing me to laugh slightly as my heartbeat quickened at his bold question.

“We met at the TCA’s last year. My sister worked on the Romeo movie and a little bit on the show and since she performed at the TCA’s, I was invited and I ran into him while on the orange carpet. We chatted a bit and he thought I was cool despite our age difference and we became friends ever since,” I explained.

“I see,” he responded with a hearty chuckle this time.

I blushed at his actions before pulling my hand from his. I looked at him, but quickly diverted my eyes as his went up to the sky.

“It’s cute-the way you talked about it,” he said simply causing me to divert my eyes to the pool.

“But enough about me; I want to know more about you. What made you come to Josh’s party tonight?” I asked.

He smirked and diverted his attention from the sky and instead they landed on me.

“I ran across Allison earlier today on the way to the UTA and found out I had a deal with them to film a remake of Red Dawn. She mentioned the show and then Josh’s party, invited me, so here I am,” he rambled causing me to giggle.

“So you came just like that to a party filled with people you don’t know?” I asked slightly confused, yet amused.

“Well, it was either that or another boring night to myself,” he teased.

“So, I never got your name, but I’m sure I know who you are anyway,” he said suddenly causing me to raise a brow at him as I smirked.

“Oh really? Who am I?” I asked with a hint of playfulness.

“You’re Melanie Parker, twin sibling of Samantha Parker whom is an actress and singer. If I remember correctly, you’re the twin who doesn’t sing and just acts, right?” he asked smiling fully now.

I rolled my eyes playfully before answering him.

“Yes, yes, I am. Now, you’re Josh Hutcherson, young actor of Hollywood whom has been in movies such as Bridge to Terebithia, Firehouse Dog, and Zathura, correct?” I asked in a slight know-it-all tone.

Suddenly, he leaned in close to me until he was inches from my face as I froze up, taken aback by his actions.

“How about you call me Hutch?” he asked causing me to wrinkle my brows in confusion.

“Why Hutch?” I asked.

“That way when you refer to me or the other Josh in there, I’ll know who you’re talking to,” he explained.

I nodded as I smiled.

“I guess I’ll call him Peck then, huh?” I asked as my smile widened until my teeth were showing.

“You have a beautiful smile,” Josh said staring into my eyes.

I got lost in his eyes by his compliment, but my attention was diverted just as the back door opened revealing my best guy friend.

We pulled away from one another abruptly as I stood plastering a smile to my lips as I felt flustered, but Peck’s words brought me out of my thoughts.

“Mel, we wondered where-,” he began, but his eyes landed on Hutch before his eyes shifted between the two of us, “Oh,” was all he said.

“We were just out here enjoying the fresh air,” Hutch said covering easily for me.

My eyes met his before they drifted to Peck’s whom merely smiled before speaking.

“I didn’t see anything. Carry on with whatever you were doing,” he said waving his hand nonchalantly.

I watched him as he walked towards the house and the door opened and closed just as I exhaled.

“That was-,” I got out before Hutch did something I didn’t expect him to do.

He swiftly cupped my face in his large hands and kissed me passionately on the lips. My mind went swirling with thoughts and just as soon as the kiss began, it ended just as quickly. When he pulled away, he bit his lip shyly.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t resist,” he admitted sheepishly placing his hands in his pockets.

“N-No. It’s OK,” I assured although I felt a pang in the back of my mind.

“Let’s head back inside and find your sister. Maybe she’s finished,” he suggested.

I nodded allowing him to walk first as my eyes drifted to the door. I don’t know why I felt like someone was watching us just after Peck left. I shrugged the feeling away and followed in Hutch’s footsteps.

~~~

The party lasted a few more hours, but by 1 in the morning, Sam and I were ready to go home.

“Aww! Leaving so soon?” Hutch asked getting a round of looks from the others.

I hadn’t told anyone what had happened between Hutch and I when we were outside earlier and our close friendship that grew within a period of hours didn’t help the situation either.

“Sam’s got to go into the studio tomorrow,” I said pointing at my sister whom was cuddled up with Sean on my best friend’s couch.

Most of the other cast members from the shows left except Allison and Sean leaving only a total of 3 couples in the house.

“Yep, and you have a photo shoot, missy,” Sam said pointing her finger at me.

Just as she finished her sentence, however, her phone rung and we looked at one another.

“I got it,” she said standing quickly before leaving the room.

“What’s wrong?” Sean asked following her footsteps.

I ran a hand through my hair before staring apologetically at Hutch, Josh, and Allison.

“We really have to go now,” I got out totally embarrassed by my mother calling for us to come home.

Josh gave me a look and nodded his head while Hutch looked entirely confused.

“Well, thanks for coming,” Josh said walking over to me and embraced me in a hug.

I took in his scent noticing he wasn’t wearing any cologne, but smelled fresh anyway.

“No problem. I wouldn’t have missed it anyway,” I said getting lost in his blue eyes.

Sam reentered the room and spoke.

“Come on, Mel. We gotta go now,” she said with a hint of anger in her voice.

She kissed Sean briefly before walking to the door. Hutch quickly followed us still looking lost. I followed in her footsteps just as Hutch stopped me, gently grabbing my arm.

“Are you gonna get in trouble staying out later? I’m going to miss you,” he whispered in a shy tone.

My eyes flickered to Peck whom was a few feet behind Hutch, but had a look on his face in which I couldn’t decipher what emotion he was expressing.

My attention quickly went back to Hutch as he rubbed my arm.

“I will get in trouble, but I can text you or something. Maybe we can hang out again tomorrow?” I asked in a hopeful tone.

A smile spread across his lips as his hazel eyes lit up with happiness.

“Great,” he said pulling out his phone. I pulled out mine and we switched, putting our numbers into each other’s phones.

Once finished, we returned them to their respective owners before smiling. I had the urge to kiss him goodnight, but didn’t have the courage to do it; Hutch had nicer plans. He kissed my forehead gently and longingly before pulling away.

“Goodnight,” he said in a low tone.

“Goodnight,” I replied getting lost in his eyes.

Unfortunately, I was pulled away by Sam, but I kept looking back as we walked to our car; our driver wide awake with a cup of coffee in his hand, but straightened up once he heard us coming to the car.

I hadn’t noticed really especially not when Sam’s voice broke the silence.

“So,” she said trailing off expecting me to say what was on my mind.

“I should ask you the same thing,” I said in a teasing manner.

She rolled her eyes and we drove back home only to await our mother’s wrath.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, guys. I need to clear some things up about this story.

Samantha Parker is living the life of Samantha Parker from the story Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress. The only difference is that technically, this Samantha has a twin sister and there's no father involved.

It should also be noted that although Samantha is sort of in the same continuity living-wise as the alternate one in Confessions, they are not the same person.

Second of all, the reason why I make this Sam sort of different from the one in Confessions is because she is a different Sam; she's not alone and although is a minute or so older, she's not the over dramatic, semi-emotional Sam from the other story. You'll see what I mean in future chapters.

Third of all, Melanie will be more like the Sam from Confessions since the story is predominantly about her.

I think that's about all of the things that need to be explained for now.

So, what did you guys think?

Please leave a comment, recommend, and subscribe if you haven't done so already.

By the way, each chapter will be at least 1300 words. I'm trying to dish out as much of the story as I can so enjoy! :D