Lounsbury Prep

A Language He'd Never Seen

Zayn drummed his fingers against the top of his desk as he glared down at his homework. He’d been staring at it so long that the characters ran together, forming words and equations in a language he’d never seen, never mind knew how to speak.

Groaning and rubbing his eyes with his thumb and forefinger, he tried to get his eyes to focus again. He wanted to get all his homework for the week out of the way on that Monday so he could relax and maybe hang out with Louis for the remaining nights.

But all his concentration had been completely shattered when Louis offered, with a small smirk, “If you get your homework done tonight, maybe we could get together for a bit? There’s a movie that my parents shipped me that I think you’d love.”

Zayn wasn’t an idiot. He knew that let’s watch a movie really meant let’s make out until you don’t know your own name. Which, frankly, sounded wonderful to him.

He’d finished all his homework for the next day, but he really wanted to get ahead. He didn’t want to be stressed out all throughout the week, thinking about dates for history instead of the dance moves for Glee Club.

But Louis. His mind kept flashing back to the way Louis’ lips felt on his, how warm his palm was against Zayn’s cooler skin, the taste of his mouth.

“Fuck it,” Zayn mumbled, throwing his books down on the desk and hurrying into the hallway to get to Louis’ dorm. His homework would get done eventually, he was sure, and he wouldn’t be able to work, anyway, with his continued thoughts about Louis.

About five minutes later, he found himself in front of Louis’ dorm room, knocking softly. He answered it almost immediately with a huge grin on his face. “How’d the homework go?” he teased, almost seeming to read Zayn’s mind.

“Um…” Zayn trailed off uncomfortably, his cheeks flushing just slightly. “Oh, yeah, the homework’s great.”

Louis snorted with laughter and stepped aside to admit the darker boy into his otherwise empty dorm room. “Where’s Harry?” Zayn questioned conversationally.

“He’s with Niall,” the blue-eyed boy answered as he cleared off his bed, getting rid of all the clothes and books from the top. “Niall mentioned after dinner that he might have brought his seasons of Glee with him, so Harry and Liam are trying to help him find them.”

“I see you’re leading the search party.” Zayn’s tone was so sarcastic that Louis actually looked up at him with raised eyebrows, completely shocked and amused.

“I don’t really want to watch Glee.” Louis deposited the last bit of clothes on the ground before climbing onto his bed, patting the space in front of him. “It’s sentimental rubbish. It’s not realistic in the least.”

“Are you actually going to pretend that you don’t get swept up in the drama?” Zayn turned and grinned at the boy sitting next to him just in time to see Louis shake his head.

“My life has enough drama. I don’t need to deal with anyone else’s.”

Zayn opened his mouth, suddenly concerned, to ask what Louis was talking about, but he was immediately dismissed with a shake of the head. “So what movie did you want to watch?” Zayn forced his tone to be light and conversational as he changed the subject, and his peppy tone sounded incredibly fake and forced to his own ears.

Instead of answering, the shorter boy reached down the space between his bed and the wall and pulled out a DVD. The front had a guy, Kevin Bacon, Zayn thought, staring up at something, maybe a flying bird or Superman.

Footloose,” Zayn stated plainly, bringing his amber eyes up to stare at Louis. “Is this a gay joke?”

Louis was so taken aback by Zayn’s question that he burst out laughing, unable to control himself. “No, it’s not a gay joke! I just love this movie, and I thought you’d like it, too, considering you like Glee and all.”

Zayn opened his mouth, fully prepared to defend himself, but ended up closing it again. Really, he’d done himself a massive disservice by liking Glee in the first place, and no gay joke anyone made of him would be worse than the typecasting he’d already done for himself.

Without another word, Louis popped the disc into his laptop and sat back on the bed, his back against the wall, shoving the laptop out in front of him. Zayn was unsure where to sit; there was very little room on the bed, so Zayn knew he had to sit next to Louis, but he wasn’t even positive his body could fit into the small space between the edge of the bed and Louis’ knee.

“Scared of my cooties again, are you?” Louis teased, scooting closer to the wall to his right, leaving his laptop in the middle. “I thought we got past that stage.”

“Trust me, I’m not afraid of whatever cooties you might have.” With a smirk that he was struggling to suppress, he climbed onto the bed next to Louis, sitting in such a way to his body was against Louis’ to prove his point.

Zayn could feel the heat of Louis’ body next to him and hear every slow, soft breath he took. No matter how much he tried to focus on the movie, he was constantly distracted by the sounds the boy next to him was making, whether he was clearing his throat a little or shifting his position and making the bed creak.

“That Ariel bitch is so annoying,” Zayn finally expressed, trying to make it seem like he was at least halfway paying attention. “She just whines about everything.”

“Yeah, she’s a bit difficult.” Louis stretched out his legs in front of him, making it so the two boys were no longer touching. “But if you ignore her most of the time, it’s a great movie.”

“She’s in almost every scene!” Zayn laughed. “She’s a main character! And Kevin Bacon isn’t even good-looking.”

Louis chuckled loudly as he reached over and turned off the movie, right in the middle. “You know what? You can’t be pleased.”

“Sure I can.” Zayn realized the sexual innuendo that went along with the statement and hurried to clean it up. “I love a lot of great movies. Footloose just isn’t one of them.”

“Don’t pretend you were talking about films.” Louis snickered airily before he sat up, cupped Zayn’s cheek in his hands, and connected their lips.

Zayn fell into Louis’ rhythm immediately, his heart fluttering in his chest. Their breaths mingled together as Louis made the move to taste Zayn’s mouth, making Zayn let out a small noise of pleasure.

Upon hearing the noise, Louis pulled away from Zayn, his eyes filled with a fire and sparkle Zayn had never seen before, putting his hands on Zayn’s chest and easing him backward. Once Zayn was lying down, his head on Louis’ pillow, Louis climbed on top of him, resuming the kiss and letting his hands, which were warm and soft, wander up Zayn’s shirt. They roamed over his chest and stomach and upper arms until, finally, the shirt came off.

Zayn barely had time to wish he worked out more often before Louis shed his own top, revealing a stocky body, with just enough muscle corded underneath the skin to make Zayn breathless.

The boy from Bradford had never felt this way before. He’d never wanted someone so badly, to have absolutely no space between them, not even the space for clothes. His hormones were running crazy, and any sense of judgment he ever had flew out the window.

“Zayn,” Louis breathed, planting a single peck on his lips before moving his kisses down to Zayn’s jaw.

He flashed back to the time where Louis had breathed his name in the piano room, and he abandoned any sense of restraint he’d been trying to employ. His long fingers traced Louis’ muscles before tangling in his tousled hair, small sounds escaping his throat as Louis continued to press his sweet lips southward to the tanner boy’s stomach. Zayn felt his stomach constrict at the unfamiliar sensation, and he let out an audible gasp as Louis worked to undo the button on his pants.

And just as Louis moved to drag Zayn’s pants down his legs, the door flew open. “LOUIS, I FOUND IT!” Harry exclaimed excitedly, moving forward.

Louis sat up and went back against the wall, the blush making his face look as red as a stop sign, while Zayn wiggled to get his pants back into position so much that he tumbled over the side, smashing his shoulder into the hardwood floor.

“Oh, God,” Harry groaned, rolling his eyes. “Can you guys do that somewhere else? This is my bedroom, too, you know.”

“We’re not on your bed,” Louis replied, trying to seem like the situation was no big deal, even though he was mortified. “And if we’re in Zayn’s room, then it’s also Liam’s room.”

“Then go outside.” There was a short silence before Harry realized how ridiculous the proposition was, and he started laughing. “Okay, we’re meeting in the common room in ten minutes. Finish up whatever you were doing and meet us there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
HARRY IS ACA-AWKWARD.

Massachusetts authorities, here's to you! Always Boston Strong. :D