‹ Prequel: Ghost Crabs
Sequel: Lovely Goodbyes
Status: Completed

Blind Date

Blind Date

Blind Date

"Sophia Rane Franklin, why are you making me go on this date. I don't even know the guy." I growled out at her as she flung dress after dress into my bed next to me.

"Pryde Arisia Morgan." She said back to me. "He's a nice guy. Niall talks very highly of him. Besides that it may be a blind date but you have met him before." She grabbed a dress and gave me a look. "This belongs in the garbage."

"That's vintage!" I yelled back at her.

"Sweetie this wasn't even great back then." She threw one of my favorites, of the vintage clothing I own, on the ground.

“Hey!” I yelled again at her.

“Finally! I dress that I approve of.” Sophie said as she pulled a blue green dress out of the closet.

“Thats because you bought it for me for my birthday.” I said grabbing the dress from her hands. She ignored me looking for the perfect shoes to match.

“I have the perfect pair in my closet!” She ran out of the room to the door that was adjacent to mine. I followed swiftly behind her as I stopped in the doorway. Her room looked like a fashion designer dreams.

“Of course you do. Sophie, maybe I don’t want to go on a date. I mean I’m still not over Zack.” His face flashed in my mind. The blonde locks and his sea blue eyes. She turned around to me and shoved shoes in my face.

“That was 6 months ago. You haven’t been on a date since. And I’m getting tired of you moping around here all the time. Besides while you're gone, I’m having a movie-sorta-not-really-called-a-date, date with Niall.” she said looking up and smiling up at me. “And I know you like the guy. Hes cute, and hes very sweet. You flirt with him all the time.”

“You’re sending me on a blind date with Harry?” I whined. “I only flirt with him because he does it first. Also, I remember having this conversation with you before about how I only think of him as a friend.”

“Yeah, yeah, its not Harry. Cool your British ass.”

“Watch it American.” We looked at each other with serious looks before we both started to crack up laughing. Sophie came over and slipped a gold bracelet on my wrist. “You know, you don’t have to do my entire outfit.” I added.

“Nonsense, since you have such a fabulous stylist and hopefully soon-to-be designer living with you, you should take full advantage. I mean who else is going to keep the those unfashionable bunch of boys and you in check.” She was referring to her job as an intern for One Direction, which is how we all became friends in the first place. “Louis has potential, but Niall and Liam need help when it comes to keeping their wardrobes up to date.” She said grabbing my hand and leading me to the bathroom. “I went to the best of the best of trades schools in America to become the wonderful stylist I am to-do. Besides I love working on your gorgeous long dark hair. Its beautiful!” Rolling my eyes at her again I grabbed her hands from my hair. She was jumping from topic to topic again.

“Okay Shorty. Lets get this fashion makeover done with so that I can fully be prepared for what kind of bloke, your Irish has graced my evening with.”

“Well first off, Niall is not my Irish.”

“I catch you guys snogging all the time!”

“And second, You’ll really, really, love him! I promise. Why would I send my best friend in the whole world out on an evening that I knew she would hate?” She pleaded. Looking at me in in the mirror. “You're my family here. I would never do that to family.” My green eyes connected with her brown ones.

“Okay, fine. But if hes complete mental, I’m kicking your arse all the way back to America you hear me!” I hugged Sophie close to me. She was like the best friend I never really had growing up. Sure I had plenty of mates, but they were never really best mates.

“You have my full permission!” She started to work on my hair and makeup in silence. If there was one person who could make anyone gorgeous, it was her.

“But also, you have to tell me what's going on with you and Niall. Do you fancy him?” I said as she curled a strand of my hair.

“I don’t know, at some points it seems like we want to be more than friends, but other times he just completely pushes me away. Like I’m only his, what's the word you guys use over here, oh yeah, snog-buddy.” I laughed at her mixing of are slang with her own American slang. She quickly finished on my hair and went straight to my makeup. “I mean, I like him more than a friend but, I don’t think he finds me that attractive.” I stilled her hand.

“Look here little Missy.” I said very sternly. “You are beautiful. You have the most gorgeous brown eyes that could give any girl a run for her money. And you have that perfect light shade of brown that no matter how many times I try to achieve with highlights never will get. You're beautiful. If that leprechaun can’t wake up and see that then its his lost.” Sophie nodded her head and went back to doing my make up. After a couple of minutes she ordered me to go get dressed.

“You can see yourself after you put on those final bits of magic.” I laughed at her choice of words. Magic was one thing she was trying to teach does exist. I always chose to ignore her on that. Walking out, I asked her to zip me up as the buzzing sound rang through our flat.

“They're here!” She squealed. She went over to the door which was a lift to that needed to be buzzed in or used with a key. I quickly ran over to a mirror and slide on the heels. Finally finished I looked to see an entire different person staring back at me. Sophie was right, even if magic doesn’t exist. She sure knew how to make my dull dark locks spring to life. Framing my all to green eyes with a smoky look that really made them pop. Turning I saw Niall walk over and give Sophie a kiss on a the cheek. Behind him was a very well dressed Zayn.

“Hello.” I said walking over to stand next to Sophie.

“So, Pryde, please meet your mystery guy, Zayn. Zayn this is the your mystery girl Pryde.” It took me a second to realize what she had meant. Then I turned to her to give her that look she knew meant she better not be sleeping alone tonight.

“So, Zayn, you're my date?” I turned back to him.

“Seems like it.” Niall had on this grin as Zayn gave Niall a look as well.

“Didn’t tell you either?”

“No, Niall over here told me it was a blind date as well.” I hit Sophie with my hip as she kept her big smile on her face.

“Well, you two should leave if you're going to make those dinner reservations that I had set up for you. Its your favorite. At that old vintage club that serve the best food in the world.” Niall said as he went over and stood next to Sophie, wrapping his arm around her waist. I went over and stood next to Zayn awkwardly. We both weren’t expecting to end up on a date with each other.

“Fine, but leprechaun, do not break my little pixie or I will kick your lucky charms till you can no longer reproduce.” Zayn laughed at Niall whose eyes grew wide. Sophie was giggling at me. As we walked over to the lift we entered and turned around. Niall had must have thought we had left because he had swept Sophie into his arms and was attacking her lips viciously.

“Thats all they do now a days. Watch movies and snog each others brains out.” I said as the doors closed.

“Have you walked in on them in the middle of it. Its mental. Like he wants to shag her, yet he doesn’t know if she fancies him. Its complete scary to watch.” I laughed at his joke as the we reached the first floor. He was right though, it was complete mental how much they thought about their relationship while still trying not to be in one.

“So, the club is two blocks over.” I said pointing to the right. We walked in silence. Uncomfortable silence. Well for me anyway. About five months earlier I would have jumped at a chance to hang out with Zayn. He was one of all my guy friends that I went to for everything. We were so best friends actually. So of course when I broke up with Zack, I went over to his flat everyday for a month. Then one thing led to another and we ended up shagging on his couch...his floor...his bed...and once more in the shower. The memory them made my face blaze red.

Arriving at the door, Zayn gave his last name and proceeded to be escorted to a booth that was hidden in the corner but close enough to the dance floor in the middle of the big lounge area. Handing us the menus the, waitress leaned over and asked Zayn what he wanted to drink. Zayn noticing that she was completely ignoring me. I guess he decided to be cute about it. Reaching over to take my hand in his he smiled at me.

“What would you like love?” His voice slicked with sweetness. Trying not to roll my eyes at him and I turned towards the glaring blonde bombshell.

“I’ll have a shirley temple.” I said back to her, turning to lock my eyes back with Zayns.

“I’ll have a pint.” He said not even bothering to turn towards her. She tried to make it look like she wasn’t storming off, but she was clicking her heels rathering loudly. I removed my hand from his remember the last time we were alone together and touching.

“So haven’t seen you in a while. I mean we saw each other last week, but I mean I haven’t really talked to you like we used to in awhile.” I said, trying not to sound like a total moron.

“Yes, I believe the last time we hung out, I watched you run out of my Flatt still trying to put your shirt back on.” He said smirking at me. I bet images of the the many times that night were flashing in his head.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” I said giving him a sheepish grin. My hands started to play with the napkin on lap.

“Sorry for what, running away after the night or for the night we spent together.” Zayn's voice was sounding a bit angry.

“I’m never feel bad about the people I shag. Even if our first time was on a couch. I usually shag someone for the first time on a bed.” I said back. Crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back on the leather booth seat.

“If I remember correctly. we did eventually get to the bed. After the floor of course.” He said smiling at the memory of us trying to shag our way to his room. Failing miserably.

“Is this the only thing that we are going to talk about? Us making your flat into one giant bed? I mean, I haven’t been on a date in 6 months. And sleeping with you for an entire night does not count as a date.” The upbeat tempo the live jazz band was playing started to move into a slower pace. Standing up Zayn offered me his hand.

“Would you care for a dance, then?” He asked. His famous smirk being placed upon his lips. I looked at his hand then up towards his face. Placing my hand in his he lead me out to the dance floor. There were a couple of older couples and and few couples who looked in their thirties. I would say we were the youngest couple in the old fashion jazz club. Taking my right hand in his, he took his other hand a placed it on my lower back bring me close to him. We danced for a little while, forgetting about everything. Just him and I. My doubts about the next day when I left, the doubts that he was never going to like me back. It was just him and me. Zayn and Pryde. His cheek was resting against mine as we danced back and forth.

“Pryde?” My name passing through those beautiful lips of his.

“Yes, Zayn?” Fearful of where this question would lead to.

“Why did you leave the next morning?” I gulped down a lump that was raising in my throat.

“I’m not entirely sure.”

“I think you just answered me, without answering me.” He replied back with a small chuckle in his voice. The song ended and we went back to our booth to order dinner. We talked about his band mates. I mean they were his best mates, so it was only natural. He asked about my parents back home, and he talked about his family as well. We talked about how Sophie and Niall should just shag and get it over with already. How we both haven’t really been on dates in forever. Finishing up he paid for the meal and we proceeded to head home.

We were walking back up to the flat when we saw him. Zack was standing outside my building ringing the buzzer. I stopped mid step. He must have felt our eyes on him as he turned to look at me. His blonde hair shined in the street lights. Even from this distant I felt those blue eyes pierce my heart.
“Pryde, I’ve been ringing the bloody buzzer for 5 minutes. Where the hell were you? Who is this?” His voice like silver slicing through my wounds. I felt Zayn's eyes on me. Taking a glance over at Zayn he wrapped his arms around my waist protectively.

“I’m her boyfriend. Who are you?” Zayn knew the answer to the question.

“I’m the bloke shes meant to be with, you git.” Zack replied back with more force. “Pryde, you dumped me for this loser?” Those words tore through me as I just stared at him.

“Pryde are you evening listening to me? Have you gone mental or something love?”

“Don’t call me that.” I sneered at him. The image of the red head bobbing up and down on my (ex)boyfriends knob popped into my mind. I felt a Zayn squeeze me tighter to him. A new image popped into my mind that kept me strong. The night Zayn and I had sex. After the bed (the second time) we laid there and he just kissed me. Not a kiss like the others, it was gentle and sweet. And from that moment on I was sacred. I was scared of actually being loved by guy and him meaning it.

“What did you just say to me?” His anger issues were surfacing.

“She said, to not call her that.” Zayn said stepping in front of me.

“Zayn, hes not worth it.” I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. “Zack, I dumped you because you rather have a red headed hussy, than me. You broke us up the moment you took her to bed. Leave before I call the cops.” Zack took one last look at me and Zayn before he stalked off. His back was turned towards us as I tried to open up the door. My hand was shaking. Zayn took the keys from my hand and opened the door for me. We silently got on the lift as we rode to the top floor were I lived.

“Did you mean it?” I asked.

“Which part?” He whispered. We were standing so close that all he had to do was lean down a tad. His face was right in front of me.

“When you said you were my boyfriend?” Closing the gap he placed a soft kiss. Exactly like the kiss he gave me on his bed that one night.

“Every Word.” I smiled back up at him. Lacing my fingers through his, the door lifts opened to reveal and disastrous looking flat.

“What happened here?” As I picked up a shirt that I definitely knew Sophie was wearing earlier. We walked into the living room to find Harry, Louis, and Liam sitting on the couch watching football.

“How did you guys get in?” Zayn kissed me on the cheek then went and sat on the one chair.

“Daddy Liam has the spare key. You girls have the best telly in the building.” Louis said looking up at her. “Well don’t you look smashing. Did you two enjoy your date?” All the boys heads turned towards me and then to Zayn.

“I think they enjoyed it a lot.” Harry piped up.

“Okay, but where is Sophia and Niall?” I asked. Zayn smiled at me and waved me to come over. I sat down on his lap as Liam put the telly on mute. Suddenly the flat was filled with sounds of moaning. Turning the telly back up on high Liam looked over at Harry who was smiling like an idiot.

“Niall finally shagged the girl. Took him months.” Harry said under his breath, but loud enough for all of us to hear.

“Hey!” I yelled.

“What you and Zayn shagged for an entire night on your first date.” He replied back.

“How did you know that? And it wasn’t a date!” I said standing up from Zayn's lap.

“Don’t fret love. We come up here to cover their sounds with the telly. Everyone in the building can hear it. Like when you two went at it all night. I don’t think Harry over there got a distant sleep for a week after you two. So we decided to save everyone the humiliation. Again.” Louis explained. I don’t think my face could be any redder. Shrinking back down, I buried my face in the crook of Zayn’s neck.

“Besides, we knew you two were bound to get together.” Liam said as he watched his team get scored on. “Its offical. I need a new team.” He added. I looked tilted my head up to meet Zayn's lips. The guys all awed at us. Turning in his arms I was face to face with him.

“So, I’m yours huh?”

“Yes all mine.” He placed another kiss on my nose. Smiling up at him.

“Niall! Stop it!” All four boys and I turned our heads at the American accent, to see Sophie in Niall's button down shirt and Niall just in his boxers. Walk of shame. They didn’t notice us yet. Niall had her pinned on the wall kissing her. Not letting her get out of his grasp. she was giggling in between kisses.

“So, you're just going to shag her right there then?” Louis called out. The Irish looked bewildered as Sophie hid under his arm. His hands immediately shot down to right in front of his boxers. Sophie looked out over his shoulder and spotted me. Not moving she decided to stay hidden from the other boys, she noticed how I was wrapped in Zayn's arms.
“So I see the date went well. You're not going to kick my ass all the way back to Pennsylvania are you?” She asked smiling that devilish little smile of hers.

“No, I think you're safe. I rather enjoyed my blind date this evening.” I said turning back to Zayn and placing my lips back on his. She awed. Leaning back I meet his eyes. He smiled up at me and placed another kiss on my lips. Yes, best blind date ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
****Authors Note**** (I am in no way British. So sorry if I offended anyone. I was only least trying. Thank you for reading!) Please comment, and recommend. Thank you!