Status: More interesting than it sounds...

What Can We Say, We're Classy Girls

013: Riley ~ Monster of Mine

She felt like a stalker, but, not a very good one. Yeah, the Impala was black and didn't really "stand out", but it still "stood out." Riley swore Mrs. Miles looked RIGHT at them whenever she said good-bye to an officer, EMT, her neighbors. Each time her eyes cast over the Impala, Riley felt a cold chill on her spine. It caused her head to pound harder and piss her off even more.
Not as much as Sam and Dean were right now. On the ride over, all they did was bicker. "Dean turn the radio down," Sam would complain, and Dean would blast the music as a response. "Dean, slow down," Sam would curse as Dean his the gas petal. Riley just wanted to slam their heads together to see if it'll make one brain or just kill them. She didn't need them on this job. All she needed was herself and no one else. Maybe if she stunned them she could slip into the house quietly and gank this fucker.
She reached her hand out to touch Dean's neck, a small blue light glowing on her fingers, "That's it," Sam caused Riley to lose concentration, jump and end up sliding between the front and back seat, a very lady-like yelp escaping. She glowered at the roof of the car, her ass hurting. Dean and Sam looked back at her, and she saw Dean stifle a laugh. Shooting him the finger, she lifted herself up and got out of the car.

The trio walked up to Mrs. Mile's house, but before they could knock the door opened. Mrs. Miles stood in the door way with an afghan over her shoulders. Its deep blue, woven material made her eyes pop, along with the scar.
"I was wondering when you'd be back," She looked past them, "Is the petite one okay?" Her eyes fell on Riley, and the witch shifted uncomfortably.
"Yes ma'am, she's at home resting now," Sam answered the mother. She nodded and then stepped out-of-the-way and motioned into the house.
The trio stepped into the hallway and waited for Mrs. Miles to lead them into the living room, "My husband had to go to work. He didn't want to go, but I didn't want him around when y'all came back. He doesn't know about the world out there, and I want to keep it that way. Tea, coffee?"
Riley sat down on the tan-colored couch with Dean, while Sam took the love seat opposite of them. Mrs. Miles stood over the coffee table and looked at the trio.
"Did...what?" Dean blinked twice at Mrs. Miles before asking what was on Sam and Riley's minds. Mrs. Miles shook her head and chuckled softly under her breath.
"This scar wasn't an accident, not even close," She looked over their heads. the brothers and the witch stayed silent, waiting for her to continue, "I was twenty. I was going to college in Boston. I was a bit of a wild child, a bright mind with near signs. One night into the third semester of my Sophomore year, I went to a party. It was in the middle of no where, and you had to walk off the main road just to get to the house.
"I got turned around and couldn't find my way there. Trees were everywhere, and all I had was a dying flashlight. I think I was walking for about an hour before I saw lights. They were dim, but they were lights. I followed them, yelling out for help, when I heard a growl-like noise coming from the woods. I began to run toward the light when something grabbed me. It was strong, really strong, and it smelled like fresh blood and wet fur. I fought against it, kicking and screaming. It grabbed my neck but I ducked and its claws caught my face. I took that opportunity to bite down on its palm, and it screamed and let go. I began to run, only slowing to try to get a look at my attacker." She stopped dead and poured some coffee into a blue mug with a child's hand print on it.

Riley touched her temple and rubbed it softly, trying her damnedest to get rid of the throbbing pain. A warm hand cupped her knee, and an odd sense of relief flooded her. She looked out of the corner of her eyes. Dean was still looking at Mrs. Miles with a stoic expression.
Sam looked at the scar dead on for the first time, "Mrs. Miles—were you attacked by a werewolf?"
Mrs. Miles gave Sam a sad smile and took another drink of her coffee before answering, "Yes."
The room fell into a ringing silence. The temperature dropped.
Riley felt her blood chill, and she could barely breathe. Connor Miles was standing right in front of her. His blue eyes were faint and left a painful ache in Riley's heart. "I'm sorry 'bout your head. I didn't mean to push you down." He reached out to touch Riley's head, and she was shocked to be able to FEEL Connor's hand on her scalp. She could barely move, and she felt like a complete idiot. It's just a ghost...yeah...but a child's ghost. One whose life was taken from him to feed a creature of evil. Something that doesn't belong in this world, something like Aoife's creature.
Connor's eyes grew wide, and he backed away from Riley. Riley could still feel his cold fingers on her scalp, and it fueled the anger and loathing inside her. She could almost feel the death of this monster that killed Conner on her fingertips. Her vision went a hazy shade of red and the usual pull of magic in her stomach. She wanted to lash out and destroy. To destroy every God forsaken creature that walked this Earth an–

"Riley?" Dean was standing over her with a twisted frown. His left hand was behind her head and his right on her wrist. Riley looked past his eyes and saw the ceiling. Was she on the floor...why was she on the floor?
"Why am I on the floor?" She lifted herself up, only to end up leaning against Dean as her head began to swim.
"Dean?"
"You just blanked out on us, then Mrs. Miles teacup burst, and you passed out." He ran a hand through her hair softly. Riley noticed Sam and Mrs. Miles were missing.
"Where are–" Dean kissed Riley, and it felt like her world was spinning off its axis. She kissed him back and felt a zoo burst to life in her stomach. Dean twisted them so that Riley was in his lap and he was against the couch. It felt like the fourth of July; fireworks were exploding, and music was blasting. A deep twisting filled her body and set fire in her heart. She pulled away long enough to take a breath, also for Dean to laugh a manic, crazed laugh.
A dark chill made its way up her spine as Dean's eyes went from their beautiful hazel to black with irises of white, "It's nice to know I can fuck with your mind as well. This is so refreshing!"
"You're-"
"Boo!" The creature began to laugh as the world spun around again, and again until—

Sam looked at the scar dead on for the first time, "Mrs. Miles—were you attacked by a werewolf?"
Mrs. Miles gave Sam a sad smile and took another drink of her coffee before answering, "Yes."
"You never told your husband," Sam inquired. Riley looked at the youngest brother then to Dean, whose hand was still on her knee. No one had moved from their position and no one gave any indication that they noticed Riley have a mental break. They were exactly the same, even their breathing didn't change.
"David wouldn't believe me. He doesn't even believe in God, yet alone a creature you read about in horror books. Now, I want to move to a more important topic. What killed my Conner." Wow, score for Mrs. Miles, straight and TO. THE. POINT. A deep voice whispered in Riley's mind. She shook her head and forced a blocking spell on her mind.
"Actually, Riley here, has a theory." Dean motioned to the witch. Riley forced a normal smile and looked at Mrs. Miles. The mother caught her eyes and held them without blinking.
Riley held still, "I think it's a creature called a seren, with an 'e'. It's like a siren, but it feeds on souls. They prefer children's and the souls of the weak...Conner was, in their way, a perfect target. He had a sickness, and he was a child." Riley watched Mrs. Miles eyes begin to redden, and a tear fell from each. She stayed still though, not once breaking eye contact.
"How do you kill it?" Score: two, the voice yelled again.
"You have to get it at a weak point, so when it's feeding or right before it feeds..." the voice was laughing in the back of her mind, and it was sending deep chills down her body.
Go the fuck away, She inwardly cursed. It laughed louder: Nah, I'm good.
"So we have to catch it at a time when it's feeding or before it's feeding," Mrs. Miles nodded her head slowly and placed the coffee cup on the table, "So, how do we know who it's going to attack next?"

Riley, Dean, and Sam all reacted by talking at once, "We!? Woah, there is no we–"
"It's me, Sam and-"
"It's just me."
"The hell it is!" Dean barked at Riley. The witch's deep blue eyes narrowed into slits as she glared the eldest Winchester brother down.
"What?"
"You're not doing this alone, not with your head injury–"
"You've fought through worse, with worse!"
"That's different!"
"Really? How? Please explain for the audience because none of us see how it's different!" With that, Dean fell silent and just stared at Riley. His mouth was in a tight line and his jaw was locked. The pair stared each other down until Mrs. Miles coughed and drew their attention back to her. The mother had an eyebrow raised at the two, and she tapped her fingers along the arm of the chair.
"Are you sure you aren't married be–"
"NO!" Both Dean and Riley stopped her before she could finish. Mrs. Miles held in a laugh and then turned to Sam almost like she were saying 'you seem to be the only sensible one here.'
"Now, how do we kill it?"

The house looked still, very, very still. It felt like the world stopped for a slow heartbeat and just never sped up. The wind chimes didn't sway in the breeze, and the two black labs in the back never barked. It was perfectly still and the perfect time to feed...

"Cut off its head?" Mrs. Miles gave Sam a disgusted look. Sam spread his hand out, palm up, trying to show his innocence.
Mrs. Miles shook her head, stood up and walked over to the fire place. A large picture hung in an ornate picture from. A built man with a squared jaw stood still with his arm around a woman who looked like Mrs. Miles, just happier. Mrs. Miles' hand was on the shoulder of a little boy with sweet dimples and his father's curly brown hair. He grinned cheekily at the camera, and you would have never guessed that he was sick or dead. The Miles family looked like a REAL family.

"Mrs—"
"Margaret, please..." Her voice sounded small and husky from tears.
Sam stuttered but spoke clearly to the broken mother, "We can hunt it down by using another child patient. This...thing doesn't just feed one at a time." He fell silent and let his words sink in. Dean and Riley did the same. No one spoke, no one even moved. The only sound was Mrs. Miles trying to hide her sobs. Riley watched her shoulders shake and suddenly a wave of pain hit her. Memories of the night she woke up to find her mother gone. She can see her parents' room lit up by their t.v., she could see their bed completely bare...when she knew her mother had been lying in it. Standing up, Riley stepped towards Mrs. Miles, and placed her hand on her shoulder. The mother turned into her and fell into Riley's arms, sobbing against her chest and shaking with tremors.
"Ma'am, we will kill this thing, we will... We just need to know who-" Mrs. Miles froze, and so did the room. Riley feared it was the creature messing with her mind again. She didn't want to react again, didn't want to give it the pleasure.
Oh darling, this isn't me, The voice rocked Riley to the core.

"Mommy," Connor's voice broke the room. Everyone, at once, turned to see the little boy at the foot of the stairs. At least, Riley saw him at the foot of the stairs. She noticed that Dean, Sam, and Mrs. Miles didn't look directly at Conner, but at a place near him. She looked at the little boy again and there he was, right there, as clear as day.
"Mommy!" Conner yelled out. Mrs. Miles gasped and did a 300° around the room looking for her son, looking for her baby boy.
"Mommy, you can't see me, "His child like voice was sure and positive. Conner knew his mother couldn't see him, and Connor knew why.
"Conner, sweetie, baby where are you? Make a noise so I can look at where you are," She was talking through her tears. She gripped Riley so tightly that the witch felt her circulation cut off.
"Ask the blonde lady, Mommy," Conner gave Riley a cheeky grin that disappeared when Mrs. Miles looked to where Riley was looking.
"Oh—Conner, baby, I'm so sorry this happened." She was crying so hard that her tears choked her voice. Riley continued to hold the mother and stare at Conner. The little boy watched his mom with a twisted, grim expression. He stepped forward and walked right up to his Mother. He reached his arm out and let his hand brush his Mother's cheek. Mrs. Miles gasped and reached up to touch her goose bumped skin.
Conner looked to Riley then and with a face that no six year old should wear, he said, "I know who the monster will go after next."

The door to Machaela Maxwell's bedroom was wide open. Her tangled red hair sprawled across her pillow and her baby doll lie on the floor. She was wrapped inside a Cinderella blanket and her Disney Princess night light glowed beside her bed.
"Oh little angel, so tasteful and pure. Sweet little life you will have not more..." She didn't stir, she didn't fidget. Machaela continues to sleep as the monster sung over her head. His long fingers touching her soul and sighing with pleasure as it began to feed.
A tingle caught the monster off guard as it felt a new magic fill the air. A sleeping spell was put on this house, and someone was intruding on its feed. The Seren lifted its dark head only to see a man swing a blade and cut it off.

"They won't remember anything," Riley said to Mrs. Miles while hugging the mother. Mrs. Miles smiled softly and thanked Riley and the boys one more time before seeing them off.
You let Dean get the kill, the voice growled.
Suck a dick! Riley snapped. The creature laughed once more before expelling from her mind. The witch clenched her fists and stomped toward Dean and Sam.
"Everything alright?" Dean asked her. She shrugged.
"Let's just get back to Aoife and Cas, and find Sydney's ass. I want this thing gone...NOW."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally. We got this chapter done and typed. It took me two hours to type the freaking thing.... Well, My chapter will go up today as well, I just need to get it typed.
Don't you just love that fucking creature... It is so fun... It haunts everyone, so nobody's ass is safe from that shit... Well, enjoy.
~ Funsize