Status: More interesting than it sounds...

What Can We Say, We're Classy Girls

020: Aoife ~ Preparing for War

Gramma and Joe glanced to the front door, "I think we should stock up on some fresh fruits and vegetables if we're going to have some extra company."
Aoife made a face, "The boys can have mine." She groaned and stretched out on the love seat. At this point, the sharp, aching protest weighed on her mind too much to care that her legs were draped over Sam's lap.
"Oh no you don't..." Gramma scorned, "You're pretty badly beaten up, and you won't get any better if you don't eat something other than that God forsaken fast food."
"You'd best listen to her, Ef." Joe winked at her before turning to his wife, "I'll start the car, darling." He walked out the door after placing a kiss on Gramma's cheek.
"Take care of her, Sam." Gramma blew Aoife a kiss before walking out the door.

Aoife sighed, glancing down at Sam, "You going to take care of me, Sammy?"
Sam flashed her a smile, "Of course..."
Aoife let out a chiming sigh. She missed her Angel horribly, but they hadn't been able to find him for a few days now. Oh well, she was too tired to think about that now...Wait! Why was she tired!? She wasn't tired. An air of fatigue rolled over her as she yawned. Well...damn...
Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Sam's eyes droop. It was a long night, but there was no way it took THAT much out of them.
Maybe you are just tired, she thought. Wait! She wasn't until just now. Maybe just a little nap...N—oh forget it...
"Sam, I'm gunna go take a nap..." She slurred.
"Me too." He muttered. Without another word, they both clambered up the stairs, "All me across the hall if you need me..."
Aoife nodded, her aching body dragging as she walked into Riley's room. Riley wasn't here, so this was her only source of comfort and warmth without...hmm...She couldn't seem to remember his name... She knew he was hers and he was an angel of the Lord, but is name escaped her as she let Riley's bed embrace her. She melted into the recently laundered blankets and drifted into a peaceful darkness.
Her mind wondered, recalling soft blue eyes. Who was that man? She had the feeling she should know his name, but nothing she did helped her remember. She couldn't even recall what she felt for him. She knew that she had an odd possessiveness of him, but why? Castle...? No, that was a detective on TNT... Casper? No, he was a ghost...
A tugging on the back of her mind pulled her under deeper. Now, she thought she could hear a voice. The voice was female. Sort of deeper, yet squeaky. There was a panic in that voice. When it stopped, she fell under completely.

The sound of a gunshot rang through the air, yanking her out of sleep violently. She jolted up in bed, pain stabbing into her body. Her heart hammered in her ears her pulse echoing through her head. Aoife let out a breath, trying to calm her thundering heart. Her stomach flopped just as she began to convince herself to calm down. Maybe the boys were target practicing. Maybe Riley was pissed and fired a round off at Dean..
Her stomach bottomed out when Uncle Leo's head poked into the room, "Thank God...you're alright." He sighed.
Aoife swung her legs over the side of the bed, strong jolts of pain slamming into her already sore body, "What happened to Riley!?" She didn't know why her mind instantly drifted to her sister, but a deep burning pain his her chest.
Color drained from Joe's face, a grave expression mirroring Aoife's dread. Aoife forced herself to her feet and barreled down the hall, past the older man. Flinging herself down the stairs, she dropped to her knees beside Riley within seconds.
Her shaky, petite hands supported Riley's head as the blood began to soak her sister's shirt, "What happened?" Her voice broke as she looked to Gramma, who shook her head, then to Dean.
"I dunno, I-"
"What happened!?" Aoife shouted, her voice shaking.
"She–I-I shot at the—Hell! I don't know." He ran his hands through his auburn hair stressfully, "We didn't even realize she'd been shot until we got inside!"

Aoife looked back down at her sister, her heart pounding in her chest, "Riley...can you hear me?" No response. Only the sounds of her ragged breathing.
Panicky jitters rolling through her, she looked to Gramma, "Oh, darlin', you've got to do it. I can't patch up something like this."
"Towel!" Aoife ordered. Gramma nodded and rushed off, "Is it still in her?" Aoife's stiff arms re-positioned her gently, freeing her hands.
"What–" Dean sighed exasperatedly.
"Is the damn bullet still in her!?" She barked.
"Yes-" Gramma handed her the towel, and she mopped up some of the blood draining down her sisters chest.
Aoife let out a shaky sigh. Knowing what she had to do was nothing compared to actually doing it. She hovered a shaky hand over Riley's chest,

"Dean–" He grunted, "Help me hold her down, I doubt she'll stay under long..." Aoife fought down the lump in her throat as she straddled her.
Dean strode over and held her shoulders hesitantly, "Evello." Aoife whispered. She could feel the bullet begin to tug through, catching on raw edges.
Riley's eyes popped open, making Aoife bite her lip. She let out a panic-filled scream. The corners of Aoife's eyes prickled, "I know..." The tug was rough, but she knew this would be the only thing to save her. Riley let out another scream, and Sam barreled down the stairs.
"What's going on–" His brown-hazel eyes landed on the white/blonde haired woman beneath her, "Oh God..."
The tugging was beginning to strain her arm, opening a few of the cuts on her hand and staining the gauze. Riley screamed again as the bullet began to surface. Tears tricked down her cheeks, her stomach dropping to her feet, "I know...it's almost done...shhh..." Aoife cooed. Riley let out one last cry of agony as the bullet finally popped out. She caught it and dropped it to the ground.

Riley's head lolled to the side, "Riley!?" Dean's voice wavered.
Aoife wiped her eyes with her arm as she pressed the towel to her wound, "She's just unconscious...she shouldn't wake up again..."
Aoife's shaking left hand pulled away the towel and joined her right hand in hovering over her wound, "Sano." A soft light enveloped her quivering hands as she held them over her chest.
Slowly, the wound began to heal. Every raw edge repairing itself. The effort was much more strain that Aoife was used to. The strain began to open up the cuts on her hands, sending a radiating pain through them. She didn't care. Her sister cam first... Deep down, she knew what caused this. Tears prickled. She could feel her healing magic slowly seeping through Riley's chest
Her eyebrows knit together in concentration. A burning erupted through her forehead as she felt the gash in her forehead reopen. Warm liquid began to ooze down her face. No. It didn't matter! She was so close to closing her sister's wound for good. So close...

"Aoife!?" Dean's eyes were on her face.
"Alright," A large, strong pain of hands pulled her away from Riley, "Gramma can do the rest..." Uncle Leo's warm voice filled Aoife's ears.
As soon as Aoife was no longer in contact with her sister, panic set in as she wiped away the blood on her brow. Her stomach flipped and the pain in her arms tripled. Her world spun around her in a dizzying stupor.
"Sam, patch her up, would ya." Joe placed her on the love seat.
"Y-yeah!" Sam sat by Aoife as he was handed a first aid kit. Sam opened it and rummaged through it after peeling off the old gauze. Aoife could smell the alcohol and winced when he began to clean her hands. She gasped as he dabbed her forehead, "I know..." Sam muttered, his brows knitting together.
Once he was done, he replaced her bandages. "Good as new..." The youngest Winchester muttered.
Aoife's body acted on impulse, "Riley!" She jumped up and spasms of pain rocketed up her legs. The mahogany haired woman let out a yelp, and Sam steadied her before she could fall.
"You strained yourself much too hard, young lady." Gramma chided as she walked in, "I walk away for a few moments and you're reopening old wounds." Her southern belle drawl was scorning as she pursed her lips, "I stitched her up," Dean rushed by her, the limp woman in his arms. He half ran up to Riley's room.
Her worry laced chocolate eyes followed him until she was out of her sight. The mahogany haired woman let out a sigh, allowing Sam to stumbled and plop into the love seat, "I'm fine Gramma."
"Aoife Ivy Nicklin," She snapped. Aoife cringed at the use of her full name, "Your sister would strangle you if I told her how hard you pushed yourself. I should too... There's just no use in both of you being out of commission."
"I know!" Aoife sighed, exasperation soaking her tone, "I know...I just...Riley might've..."She let out a quivering breath, "This...thing WANTS me and my sister got hurt because I wasn't with her. Because of me. So the least I can do is push myself and risk a little bit for her."

Ten minutes passed before Dean made his way down the stairs. His face was sullen as he plopped down on the couch. Silence filled the room. Gramma and Joe were in the kitchen conversing quietly. Aoife sat in the most comfortable position she could manage. Her aching hands sat in her lap, unmoving. It had never been so quiet amongst any of them. Riley had passed out upstairs. Sydney wasn't there to stalk Sam. Aoife's face retained an almost depressed mask. Dean kept his sullen exterior, but his eyes gave away his inner battle.
Aoife stared at her hands. She only wished she could've healed her more. A piece of her was frustrated with herself. Healing had never been a problem. She was the healer. She was the brain. Riley was the one for action. Riley was the muscle, and Aoife let her down. She got hurt. Thrown like a rag doll by her own damn creature. She couldn't fight it. Something from her own mind was beating her, and she was letting it. Now, her sister was paying for it. Everyone—Dean, Sam, Aunt Gramma, Uncle Leo, Sydney, even Cas—where ever he was. All of them paying for her weakness. Nothing Aoife did would repay any of them for this. Nothing...

By the time dinner swung around, Riley had woken up long enough to ask for Aoife before passing out again.
Uncle Leo sighed, "Honey, for once, I actually feel like havin' fast food." He said to Gramma.
"I don't feel like cooking either..." She admitted. She looked to Sam and Dean, "It's up to you where, but we'll pay."
"I'll go." Aoife muttered.
"No." Gramma stated.
"I'm going." Aoife pushed her self to her feet.
"Aoife–" Gramma started.
"I'll go with her." Sam and Dean said it in unison.
"No Dean, I'll go this time." Sam said.
"I've tangled with this fucker, so I know I can handle it." Dean argued.
"I can handle it–" Sam muttered.
"You don't know what it's like when this thing physically beats your ass Sam."
"Dean-"
"Well, you'd better figure it out before I go alone." Aoife snapped impatiently.
Gramma sighed, "Dean, you've face it. Sam," She continued before he could protest, "I'll need your help waking Riley."
Dean stood, pulling his keys out of his pocket and grabbing his jacket, "I'm driving."

She and Dean drove in silence. The sound of Metallica rang in the background, filling the air with soft noise. Aoife watched the scenery of her tiny home town float by her, memories of her years as a teenager rebounding in her head.
As Dean pulled up into the oddly shaped parking lot of MacDonald's, he glanced at Aoife, "Wanna go in?"
"Sure." She shrugged as he pulled into a parking space. They both stepped out and made their way into the restaurant.
An instant tingle went down her spine as they got in line. Aoife suppressed a shiver. Her eyes scanned the place. Nothing seemed out of place until her eyes caught Castiel's. She gasped.
"What's wrong?" Dean asked. Aoife turned away from the handsome, dark haired angel.
"Nothing. Just pain." She breathed.
As they stepped up to order, Aoife caught dean glancing around out of the corner of her eye.
"Welcome to MacDonald's, may I take your order." A teenager with acne covering his face asked politely. A blush creeped across his cheeks as he looked at Aoife.
"Yeah. We'll take a number three with an extra large fry—no pickles—and a large dr. pepper." Damn he knew Riley... "Four number ones with large cokes and..." He looked to Aoife, "What do you want, shorty?"
A small smile lifted Aoife's lips, "A plain number one with a medium sprite." She glanced behind her, only to catch Cas's intense stare. "Um...I'm gunna go sit in the car." Her voice wavered slightly.
"Okay," Dean watched her retreating form until she was out the door.

Aoife rushed toward the impala as fast as her protesting legs could carry her. She should have known that he would be waiting for her to step out of the safety of Aunt Gramma and Uncle Leo's house.
Her petite hands gripped the handle and pulled it. The door barely opened a crack before a hand pushed it shut. She turned around and gasped. She was face to face with her Angel. His blue eyes pierced right through her, making her lean into the car for support.
"Did I surprise you?" His gruff voice was gentle as his warm fingers traced her cheeks. She opened her mouth to speak, but no sound escaped, "At a loss for words, dearest Aoife?"
Her heart stuttered painfully at every touch or brush of skin. She forced her eyes to stay away from the painful reminder of the real Castiel. Her legs trembled beneath her own weight. She felt no warmth beneath those fingertips. No reason to send a yearning to her stomach.
"I may have over reacted a tad the last time we were together." It brushed some of her hair away from her face, "I don't like it when things that are rightfully mine are taken away from me."
His fingers caressed her scraped forehead, "I can make you forget about all of them. I can make you mine. You need only let me in."
"I-I can't..." She whispered.
"They're filling your head with lies." It barked. His voice made those words harsher, clenching her stomach uncomfortably.
Aoife cringed away, squeezing her eyes shut. A soft chuckle left its lips. Its fingers tilted her chin up and toward him. She couldn't open her eyes. Not with the chance of those soft blue orbs holding hers. Its lips placed kisses along her jaw. Her stomach flopped again. Her pulse quickened, racing as a flush rose to her cheeks.
"I told you," His voice whispered in her ear, "I will take you, and I will use your angel to do it."
She didn't fight when those lips pressed against her. Soft, yet slightly chapped, they moved, parting hers and setting a stiff, steady rhythm. Those arms pulled her against him, sending a spasm of pain through her. Fighting hurt too much, so she didn't.
Somehow, it felt as though she were betraying her Angel. They weren't even together, but every touch from this creature felt wrong.

"Hey!" Dean shouted.
The creature pulled back as Aoife's eyes popped open. She looked at Dean—arms full of food—as he stormed forward. Relief washed over her.
"Ah..." It grumbled, "Dean... You are just as bothersome as Riley."
"Take your god damn hands off of her," He placed the food on the hood of the trunk. He stepped forward and reared his fist back. His fist collided with his face, allowing her to slip away from him and stumble against the Chevy Impala.
"I've been wanting to do that all day long." Dean barked.
The creature glared at him, Castiel's form beginning to morph. Its eyes changed to their normal black with white pupils, and Aoife knew it was time to go.
"Dean, get in the car!" Aoife muttered urgently. He caught her eye, nodding. He ran around the car, grabbing the food and getting into the drivers' seat. Aoife opened her door as it turned its glare on her. Her heart lurched in panic as she dove into the passengers' seat. She ignored the dull ache of her body.
"Floor it!" Aoife breathed. She nearly doubled over in pain as rage erupted behind her like volcano. Her lips still tingled unnaturally.

Aoife kept her eyes clamped shut until the wheels of the Impala hit the gravel driveway at Gramma and Joe's. Aoife grabbed the drinks and rushed to the front door. Dean held it open for her and shut it behind them, both of their pulses pounding.
"Son of a bitch..." Dean wiped the sweat off his brow. Aoife's chest rose and fell as she tried to manage her breathing.
Gramma and Sam rushed into the foyer, "What happened!?" Same looked between Aoife and his brother.
"Stupid son of a bitch was waiting for her..." He grumbled handing the younger brother the food.
Gramma gingerly took the drinks from Aoife's white knuckling hands, "Well, at least you weren't hurt." She muttered soothingly.
"Aoife?" Her head whipped around. That voice...Riley.
She stumbled into the living room, and there Riley stood, wearing Iron Man pajamas. She bit her lip to stop its quivering as she stumbled into the white/blonde haired woman's arms.
Riley let out an, "Oof," but wrapped her arms around her sister.
"Please tell me you shot his ass." Riley muttered as Dean walked in.
"No, but I clocked face-stealing fucker." He answered, "I got you extra large fries."
Gramma placed the drinks and the food on the coffee table, "Dig in." She sighed, walking into the kitchen.
"Ooh!" Riley chimed. As she sat down, Aoife next her, Dean handed her the drink, "Dr. Pepper and fries! I never realized that you were so beautiful..." She smiled goofily.

That night, Aoife slept with Riley. Her sister was out like a light, oblivious to Aoife's tossing and turning. Riley never stirred. Even as Aoife found herself waking with a start often. Everytime she closed her eyes, she could feel the creature's lips on hers—the lips he borrowed from her beloved angel.
How she wished he was there... His presence alone drove the creature from her mind.
She tried to imagine that those lips were actually Castiel's. The way they felt against hers... Then something would pop her bubble. That unnatural darkness that left her lips tingling was always shoved into the forefront of her mind.

Morning finally came and Aoife forced herself out of bed. The rest of her wasn't so bad, but her hands were throbbing. Riley wasn't in bed, so she ambled down stairs.
As she made her way into the kitchen, she heard Dean and Sam talking to her sister in hushed voices, "We think something's wrong with Cas." Dean muttered.
"We were going to leave for a bit, you know, to look for him." Sam said. Aoife's heart stuttered at their words.
"You sure you're not just running from the creature...?" Riley teased.
"If you have any problems, call us." Sam told her. At this, Aoife walked in.
"You're leaving?" She muttered grimly.
Sam stood clumsily, "Aoife!"
Dean stood, "Yeah," He looked at her, "We'll be back in a few days, and we'll be back with Cas." Her stomach fluttered at his name, "I promise."
Chocolate eyes met his hazel-green orbs, and an instant understanding passed between them. Every bit of her believed him. He wasn't going to return without her angel. He couldn't come back without him. Not after promising.
Aoife nodded. Riley stood and playfully punched the youngest Winchester's shoulder as a good bye. Aoife wrapped Sam in a friendly—almost sisterly—hug. He smiled at her consolingly as he waited for Dean.
Dean looked at Riley, who pursed her lips as if thinking of the best way to say good bye. They both moved, almost like they were going to hug awkwardly. Riley shook his hand firmly.
"Watch your back, Winchester." She said.
Dean nodded, "Back at ya."
He turned around and Aoife threw her arms around his neck. He hugged her back gently, giving her a reassuring squeeze.
"Bring him back to me." She whispered.
"I will."

The girls watched them leave for the first time in months. It had been nearly two months since they had been solo. Aoife found herself hoping that they would return before she had to face this thing. She hoped for the off chance to feel Cas's warmth before she had to let it come close to her again.
Aoife turned to Riley, "How do we kill it?"
"Sydney will be here today to tell us."
Aoife nodded.

They heard her moped's wheel hit the gravel and they were already out the door.
"Sydney!" Riley called out.
The look on Sydney's face was grim, "I know how to destroy it."
They eagerly ushered her in, steering her to a comfortable seat.
"There are only two effective—penis—sorry, ways." She said. Riley motioned for her to continue, "One, you already know." She looked pointedly at Riley, who waved it off. Aoife raised a brow.
"Don't worry about it." Riley said dismissively.
"Since option A is clearly not a—vagina—heh, an option, option B is the only way." She said decisively, "I've—penis—ahem, consulted other psychics. There is a way to—va-" Her body convulsed around the word, but she stopped it, "to destroy it."
"Well...what is it?" Riley muttered.
"I'm getting there," Syd cautioned, "It will take a lot of preparation to do this. I mean—pe—grr, probably a lot more than anything that you'll find yourself—va–" She barely stopped the obscenity, "doing for any spell."
"Enough with the long ass explanation, short and sweet." Riley sighed impatiently.
"Fine. As you know, Aoife can't fight it. so—p-pen-n—ahem," She cleared her throat, "So, Riley has to."
"Why can't I fight it?" Aoife muttered meekly.
"I need you to use all of your—vagina—energy on holding it so that it can't get away." She stated.
"Why Riley?"
"Only one compatible," She answered, "So I have to act as the—penis—battleground—well my mind will. That means—vagina—that I will have to use Aoife as an anchor to trap it, and—penis—I'll also have to pull Riley in to fight it." She explained.
"Great..." Riley muttered caustically.
"How long–" Aoife asked.
"One-and-a-half to two days of—p–preparation, and if we're lucky, we can take it out before it attracts too much more attention."
"Well, the wards keep it out of here." Riley pointed out.
"Where else—oh..." Aoife sighed, the puzzle piece clicking into place. "We'll have to let down the wards long enough to let it in..." Sydney nodded.
"Fan-fucking-tastic..." Riley sighed.

"Concentrate Riley." Sydney chimed. The coffee table and the couches had been pushed against the walls, and Riley sat with Sydney and Aoife on the ground as they meditated.
"I am." Riley muttered shortly.
Aoife sighed. She would have to focus all of her energy on holding the creature in place within Sydney's head. She didn't know if she could do it. Riley was strong. Aoife was not.
Gramma and Uncle Leo had already promised that they would help with the wards to take it off of their shoulders. That was great and all, but Aoife still had her reservations. When they told her that she wasn't going to be like her soul sister and try to face this alone, Aoife gave in.

It was hours before they could practice with Sydney to actually attempt being pulled into her. From the way their flaming red haired friend described it, it sounded like an agonizingly difficult task. Definitely not a walk in the park.
They sat in a circle, all of their hands joined together, "Aoife, you must anchor yourself. I will only need your energy to—penis—sorry, to pull it into me and trap it there." Syd instructed, "Riley, you, I will have to—vagina—heh, pull you into my mind completely. I'll warn you ahead of—vagina—time; my mind isn't simple, so prepare yourself."
"So what..." Riley said arrogantly, "I can handle it."
Aoife cast a nervous glance at Sydney. If she said her mind was complicated, she believed her. She had a habit of underestimating things.
So, she did her best to concentrate all of her energy on the red-haired girl sitting next to her. She could feel the energy leaving her, quickly draining her stores. She could feel Riley's hectic energy lashing around the room. How hadn't she felt it before? Riley was a mess. A mass of poorly contained and chaotic energy. Sydney's peaceful serenity had nothing on her soul sister. Aoife could not concentrate.
"Damn it, Riley," Aoife sighed, "Calm your nerves. I can't concentrate with the constant static zapping through the air!"
"Sorry..." Riley groaned.
"Just..." Aoife sighed again, "I dunno, go to your happy place..."
"John Cena naked, John Cena naked..." Riley chanted, "John Cena naked with fries...John Cena naked with Dr. Pepper and fries..." A slight smile spread across her face as her frazzled energy calmed, "Ah...much better..."

That night, Sydney stayed with them. Aoife laid awake, her eyes on the ceiling. Riley was next to her, and Sydney was on the other side of Riley. It had been a very long time since they had spent the night together like this. Not since they were sixteen. Ten years ago...
It didn't seem like that long ago before all of this happened. Ten years wasn't too long ago, or so Aoife thought. They haven't had a peaceful night's sleep since this creature made a reappearance. Hell, she doubted that they would again until it was gone.
Only one more day, Aoife told herself, one more day of preparation to go before we gank this fucker.

Aoife didn't remember falling into a dreamless sleep, only Gramma gently waking her. The white/blonde and the flaming red haired women were absent, the bed next to her empty. They must be down stairs...
Aoife dressed, ignoring her protesting hands. Her stiff legs carried her down the stairs and into the kitchen. There, she say Riley stuffing her mouth homemade donuts. Sydney sat on the counter, delicately picking one apart.
Aoife sat across from Riley, who gave her the normal cheeky grin, "Sup sexy?"
"Ceiling, sky, gas prices, you name it..." Aoife muttered, grabbing her favorite lemon filled breakfast pastry.
"Mmm, someone's playful today." Riley smirked, stuffing another powdered donut in her mouth.
"Just tired." Aoife retorted.
Riley looked to the red head, "What's on the agenda today, lil' miss ginga?"
"More practice." Short and sweet.
"Why?" Riley whined.
"When we can link successfully and hold it for an entire—penis—sorry, minute, we will be ready." She said, "So until that time, we practice."
Sydney slid from the counter and pranced into the living room, humming oddly. Aoife and Riley exchanged brief looks of foreboding. This wasn't going to be pretty.

"Concentrate and clear your minds." The ginger haired girl was beginning to get on her nerves.
"You concentrate." Riley grumbled irritably.
"Riley." Aoife warned softly. They would just have to start over, and it was sapping most of her energy to attempt to anchor Syd and Riley.
Aoife jumped, earning a groan from Riley when the weak connection broke.
Unbreak my heart/ say you love me— "Hello." Aoife mumbled.
"Sup, short stuff." She could hear the smile in Dean's voice.
"-told you that was Aoife's number." She heard Sam mutter in the background.
"Shut up!" Dean grumbled.
"Progress?" Aoife said hopefully.
"Well, sorta..."
"What do you mean, 'sorta'?" Aoife's heart lurched into her throat.
"We found his vessel, but...What Sam?" He muttered, "Sam wants the phone."
"Put him on." Aoife muttered.
"Hey." Sam's voice entered her ear.
"What does he mean by 'sorta'?" She muttered grimly, "His vessel? As in Jimmy Novak?"
"Like he said. Cas is no where to be found, but we are protecting Jimmy right now–"
"Protecting him!?" Aoife's brows knit together.
"Demons–" Was all Sam had to say to make her understand.
"Ah."
"Yeah..."
"So what're you gunna do?"
"I—we're just gunna keep our eye on him," Sam sighed.
Aoife could feel her heart fall to her feet, "Right."
"Aoife." No response. "Ef."
"Yeah?" Her disappointment clearly rang in through her voice.
"Dean promised—we both promised to bring him back, and we will." He assured her, his tone definite and determined.
"Promise?" Aoife's stomach turned over as it gnawed its way up her throat, attempting to choke her.
"Yes." He said definitely.
"Be safe." Aoife muttered.
"We will." He assured her.
"If you come back hurt, I'm hitting you both. I don't care if you kept your promise." Aoife's tone bordered on motherly.
"We'll be fine–"
"Get off the sex hotline and let's go Sammy." Dean called out in the background.
A soft smile slid onto the woman's face, "Tell Dean I said stop being a dumb ass. Be safe, Sammy."
"I will." A smile was evident in his voice. Click.

She ended the call with a sigh, turning to Riley and Sydney. The two women gave her expectant looks.
"Well..." The white/blonde haired woman coaxed, "Did they find the winged wonder?"
"No..." Aoife sighed, "They're on the right track though."
"I know that face, Ef." Riley pursed her lips at her sister.
"Let's do this." She looked to Sydney, who nodded and began prepping them again.

Aoife took in a deep breath, willing the absence of her angel out of her mind. She had to concentrate, anchor Sydney—therefore, anchoring her sister. She allowed her red haired friend to take her hand, connecting her to the psychic woman's energy. Aoife focused on all of her magic energy in the atmosphere. It left a tingling as it swirled out of the air, through her, and into Sydney.
She kept her mind from Cas, himself, forcing herself to focus on the warmth that came with him. That feeling of stability she yearned for... Every nerve knotted in her stomach washed into an untangled peace.
"That's it." Sydney giggled, "Come on, Riley." Aoife closed her eyes again as Sydney joined hands with her soul sister.
Riley's gasp rang through the air. There was a perfect synchronization between the three of them. An instant flow of energy buzzed through them, so Aoife instantly understood her reaction. Everything was so intense yet serene. That serenity continued, growing painful as Aoife's hands began to throb.
"Hold it." Sydney muttered when Riley let out a hiss of pain. "Hold it..." Aoife bit her lip as fire began to sizzle in her finger tips.
"Syd–can't—hurry up, would you!" Riley grunted. Twitches and spasms of pain stabbed into Aoife's hands, tearing up her arms.
"Ten more—pe—seconds."
"Sydney..." Aoife groaned.
"Nine."
"Eight." Riley grunted.
"Seven." Aoife gasped. Her hands radiated a sharpening ache.
"Six." Sydney coaxed.
"Five—son-of-a—"
"Four." Aoife winced.
"Three." The red head said.
"Two!" Riley raised her voice to urge time to move faster.
"One." The mahogany haired beauty groaned.
There was a wave of reprieve that washed over them, threatening to drown them in their own sighs of relief.

All three of the girls fell over exhausted when the connection was severed. Aoife gasped in the breaths that she hadn't even realized that she'd needed.
"Well damn..." Riley attempted to push herself up, her arms wobbly, "Damn—fucking–douche-ass—bitch!" Riley fell face first into the ground, "Stayin' right 'ere." She grumbled into the floor.
Aoife let out a laugh, only to groan and curl in on herself in pain. A spasm of pain shot through her, "Damn, Sydney..." She groaned, "You couldn't have given us a bit of a heads up?"
"I thought—va-v—sorry, if I did, you wouldn't do it." She gave them apologetic smiles.
"Gee, I wonder why..." Riley grumbled sarcastically.
"Consider yourself luck." A sweet southern belle accent entered the room.
"Lucky!?" Riley and Aoife gave her looks of sheer disbelief.
"If you weren't such strong witches, you would be in a coma." She stated, tersely looking to Sydney, who kept her eyes on her feet.
"What!?" Riley's voice had never been so high-pitched.
"A coma?" Aoife breathed, her stomach flipping uncomfortably.
"Y-yeah..." Sydney let out an airy laugh, "It's the only—penis—way to get rid of it for good. I knew you could do it when I—vagina—ahem, met up with you." She put her arms up in a surrendering position.
Aoife sighed, "That's why you were hesitant, but wait-" Aoife looked back to Sydney, "You said something about an option A, what was it?"
Sydney's striking grey orbs held a pair of deep blue ones, and Aoife rounded on her sister, "Cas told me that you were discussing something I didn't want to know. Was that what it was?"
Riley pushed herself into a sitting position, "Aoife, trust me. You don't want to know."
Aoife forced herself up too, ignoring the pain that rocketed through her as irritation and suspicion flowed, "Tell me. I'm a big girl; I can handle it."
"Ef-"
"Don't Ef me," Aoife snapped, "What haven't you told me?"
"You really don't want to know-"
"God dammit! Just tell me, Riley."
"I'm not telling you for your own good." Riley cautioned.
"You're always doing that shit!" Aoife shouted. The flames of a candle Gramma lit in the kitchen rose. Gramma hurried over and blew it out, having already learned that lesson.
"You're my little sister!" Riley shouted back.
"I'm not a baby any more."
"I'm protecting you–"
"From what!?"
"What's out there, the truth, everything—like I always do!"
"Why? Why don't you tell me the truth?" Aoife barked, "Don't sugar coat it for once!"
"You can't handle it." Riley growled.
"Says who?"
"Me. I could barely take it, Aoife." Tears began to fill the corners of her sisters eyes.
"I. Can. Take. It!"
"No. You. Can't!" Riley barked.
"Stop saying that!" Aoife's balled fists began to heat, a fire sparking before it died again.
"You can't even handle being apart from your damn precious Angel; you can't handle the damn truth!"
"Tell me for once in OUR life. And tell it to me straight for once in YOURS." Aoife's eyes stung as she stood, her heart pumping adrenaline through her system.
Riley jumped to her feet, "I told you: I'm pro–"
"Enough of that protective big sister crap!" Aoife growled.
"Fine! You wanna know what we didn't tell you? What we were trying to protect you from?" Riley barked, giving in.
"Duh."
"Fine," Riley growled, "That God forsaken creature has attracted the attention of the Angels and Demons."
"What?"
"Oh, I'm not done." Her voice cracked with emotion, "Demons are lining up behind it because not even 'the great Sam and Dean' can kill it! Now the angels wanna gank it."
"That's all?" Disbelief colored her tone.
"You're forgetting something." Irritation nearly flared another fire. "They gotta kill its creator to take it out." A tear slipped down Riley's face.
Realization dawned then, slamming into her chest viciously. Kill the creator... Everything crashed in around her. The Angels wanted her dead because of her childhood nightmare.
"I thought you could handle it." Riley sneered.
"Why didn't you tell me!?" Aoife's voice quaked with emotion.
"Because I can't lose you." Her voice dropped low and flooded with emotion.
"Wha-"
"If I told you, I have to accept that I might lose you. If I—I just can't."
Aoife's eyes pricked before salty liquid trickled down her face.

They stopped practicing for the rest of the day. Sydney had told them that they only had to accomplish it once before hand. It would only be easier the next.
Aoife wished she could believe that. Now, as she sat at the dining room table, she found herself hoping the boys would hurry up. She wanted to feel Castiel's warmth once more before this, and she wanted to punch the boys for not telling her.

She sat on one of the moved couches, staring off into the unseen distance. She refused to go to bed, telling Riley to go on without her. Sydney followed her sister up to bed, and Aunt Gramma and Uncle Leo followed soon after.
She may have dozed off at some point, but all she remembered were her soul sister and her ginger haired friend coming down the stairs. She refused to eat, having to force herself to shower and make herself decently presentable. Even after that, she sat on the couch, hours melting around her. Her sister helped ready everything for what they had to do.
As she was yanked into reality, the front door opened.
"Da fug—Sam! Dean!" Riley squeaked. Aoife was on her feet. They were home! She craned her neck around the corner until they ambled into the living room.
"Honey, I'm home." Dean called, a smirk in place.
"Dude, congratulations, you didn't die." Riley greeted.
"We brought someone." Same rolled his eyes.
That familiar warmth stepped into the room. Aoife's heart leapt and stuttered.
"Superman's back!" Riley stuck a seductive pose—well, she thought it was, "Hiya, Cassie."
"Hello, Riley." His heavenly azure eyes flickered to the tallest woman.
Aoife let her legs carry her. She threw her arms around the tall angel's neck, "Oh, thank God! I worried about you guys all night long." She could feel him shift hesitantly, but she didn't care. She missed their intensity. She missed the flutters he sent to her stomach.
He patted her back hesitantly, "I—hello, Aoife." A tingle rose the hairs on the back of her neck at the sound of his voice so close to her ear.
"What!?" Dean scoffed, "No love..."
Aoife pulled away from Cas reluctantly, wrapping her arms around Dean's neck, "Thank you." She whispered. He just gave her a gentle squeeze.
She pulled away and even wrapped Sam in a sisterly hug,. When she pulled away, she landed a punch on each of their arms, ignoring the jolt of pain through her hand that it caused.
"What the hell!?" Dean rubbed his arm.
"You didn't tell me." She said.
"Wait, wh-" Sam cut his brother off.
"Riley told you." Not a question. Aoife nodded as Dean glanced at Cas.
She then turned to her dark haired Angel, "Is that what I didn't want to know?"
"Yes." He stated grimly.
"The next time you want to protect me, don't."

Aoife took in a deep breath, allowing Castiel's presence to warm her. She joined hands with the red head.
"Ready?" Both girls nodded.
Both let out groans of pain until they got through.
"Wards." Sydney ordered. "Aoife, anchor. Riley, ready your–" She convulsed around the word, "-self."
Aoife could feel the protecting charms dying, a shiver rolling down her spine.
"Call it." Syd ordered.
Aoife hesitated, her heart thumping unevenly, "Come and get me..." She whispered.
It was as if she was inviting the devil himself to take her. She could feel her stomach drop to the ground as impending doom sped her way. Fear crawled through her stomach and stabbed through her. The hairs on her arms pricked with danger.
"I was wondering when you'd call, dearest Aoife." Its voice was borrowed still. The face belonged to her brother.
Her breath caught in her throat, "Oliver!"
"Concentrate." Sydney sighed. Aoife shivered as he aimed a glare at her, "Hi. I'm Sydney. Nice to meet you." One of her charming smiles was on her face.
Aoife's jaw dropped. What!?
"Now." She ordered.
Aoife pushed all of her energy into anchoring her sister and her friend. She could feel the energy zing between them as she blacked out. She could still vaguely feel Sydney's hand around hers.

Riley dropped to the ground on the other side of Sydney, not long after Aoife.
"You wretch." The creature growled.
Sydney gave it a sly smirk, "You are trapped."
When she blinked, she used Aoife's energy to bind it within her mind. It disappeared and she sank into a trance.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took me even frigging longer... Arguements... Yay! ~ Funsize OUT.