Status: More interesting than it sounds...

What Can We Say, We're Classy Girls

023: Riley ~ What Happens Now…Pure Sex Appeal

The room was silent as the group tried to decipher what they had just seen. A piece of their pasts that someone didn't want them to discover or remember. Riley looked over at Aoife and raised an eyebrow, but the mahogany haired woman couldn't look her way. She was focused on the screen before them, her lips pulled tight. Riley could practically see the wheels turning in her mind. Something was going on and Riley could tell that Aoife was trying to reach into the back of her mind to find this memory, find this exact moment, but to no avail.
“So…Did that just happen?” Dean's voice broke through the reverie that settled over the room.
Before anyone could answer Castiel turned towards the doorway of the living room, his eyebrows drawn tight. Someone was here and tampering with the veil of time around them, but despite his best efforts, Castiel couldn't feel them. Looking down at each of the hunters on the couch; Riley with her eyes on Aoife—whom was focusing on the television, Dean with his hand resting low on Riley back while Sam bent at the waist in an effort to rise from the couch, they all stayed completely still; frozen to the spot they were in. Even Riley’s aunt and uncle sat frozen in the love seat across from the group.
“Who is here,” Castiel called out. The room stayed silent, so without hesitation the Angel moved from room to room in a vein attempt at finding the time stopper. He could feel angelic residue, but he couldn't place his finger on who caused this happening. He followed the energy from the kitchen to the small dining area where a dusty book case took up the majority of space. He scanned the hallways with narrowed eyes, his vessel’s hairs stood on end and he knew he was close to discovering who has cast the illusion. He could just feel the strongest point of power when a flash of light blinded his eyes and he lost his concentration.

The letter was smooth but the creases were worn down and fading, “You have read that damn thing more times than I can count,” Riley looked over at Aoife from her perch on the back of the Mustang, “The words aren't going to change anytime soon, Ef,” the white/blonde haired witch took a drink from her soda before swiping the letter from her soul sister’s dainty hands.
“Hey-” Aoife attempted to steal it back, but Riley had moved out of reach from her teeny T-Rex arms.
“Hello, My lovely little ladies,” The blue eyed woman begun. Her voice was high as she attempted an uppity accent, “I would love to invite you to my charity even this weekend,” Riley looked over at Aoife whose eyes were attempting to burn holes through the paper; she coughed ‘dance’ before proceeding, “It's a grand event in which I expect you to dress proper and bring along some haughty young men to decorate your arms-”
“It doesn't say that-” Aoife reached out for the paper, this time her fingertips connecting with the sheet before Riley dropped to her knees and rolled away from the shorter of the two.
“Stop it, it's my turn to read it,” Riley ducked her head and waited for Aoife to rip the paper from her; she didn't. With a deep breathe Riley started over, “Hello my lovely ladies, in a week's time I will be hosting a charity event of sorts—what does she means “of sorts?”—I have asked your Aunt and Uncle to come but I know you girls live your own lives and won't show up at the same time as your elders—trying to guilt us—I do ask that you visit Clara’s in Nashville before you make your way to my home. I hope to see you soon, my Lovely ladies, Aunt Cherrie,” The white/blonde haired woman looked up at her soul sister.
“DA fuck is Clara’s?”
Aoife rolled her eyes, “It's a dress shop that Aunt Cherrie owns. I swear you know nothing…” the mahogany haired witch looked past Riley and thrusted her chin up, “Look who decided to wake up,” Riley turned around and narrowed her eyes at the motel behind them. Dean Winchester, shirtless and sleepy-eyed, stood in the doorway of the motel room the guys had stayed in. Riley definitely didn't bite her lip at the sight of the tanned midriff of the oldest Winchester brother. She also definitely didn't have to take a deep breathe to keep heat from pooling in the pit of her stomach.
“Have y'all seen Sam?” Dean covered his eyes from the sun.
Riley opened her mouth to answer but Aoife beat her to it, “He left to get some food before we head out,” The blue eyed woman glared up at her sister. She wanted to fucking tell him where Sam went! Standing up she stormed back to the motel room, stopping short at the sight of Dean. His emerald eyes caught hers and she felt that ghost heat pooling in her stomach. His lips lifted in a smiled before he winked at the witch, who flipped him off and stomped into hers and Aoife’s motel room. Anger boiled inside of her, bubbling deep inside her body and flowing through her like a hissing river. She knew she needed to calm down but the more she tried to dampen the anger the worse her temper got. She looked around the motel room, saw the bag of clothes on bed and imagined grabbing them and leaving. Leaving Aoife, Sam, Dean and the whole life behind and going her own damn way.
She stepped towards the bed and pain ricocheted inside her skull, “Ahhh,” she dropped to her knees, the mirror shattering behind her. She clutched her head but the pain kept growing until she couldn't see the world around her and saw a starburst of color and a pulsing gray haze. She screamed against the pain and heard the windows burst and the door pound open behind her. Another wave of pain exploded inside her mind as Dean reached for the witch. Grabbing her by the arms he pulled her against him, her body trembling at even the lightest touch.
“Riley!” The hunters hands pulled against Riley’s own, “Riley look at me,”
“Dean,” Aoife’s came through the doorway and saw her soul sister, “RILEY!” The witch dropped next to the Hunter, attempting to pry her from his arms, “Dean give her to me.”
“You?” Dean looked at Aoife and laughed, “No offense, short stack, but she's shaking hard enough that she’d break your fragile little self.” Aoife shifted backwards and glared at Dean but clamped her mouth shut. He was right about one thing, Aoife couldn't hold Riley right now, if the magic coming off her was any indication then something would break or worse if Aoife’s magic touched her. But what could she do.
“Riley, sweetie,” Dean touched her face and the witch opened her eyes, tears falling from them in rapid pools. The television cracked as Riley shuddered harder in Dean’s arm, “Riley, girl what's happening, what's wrong?” Dean’s voice was shaking, his eyes scanning over her in a vein attempt to fix...something.
Aoife looked at Riley and frowned, “Dean,” the Hunter looked at her, “Just hold her,” Dean looked at Aoife once more before glancing down at Riley and frowning. He pulled her closer and held her until the shaking slowed, until the tears stopped.

“Do WE have to go to this?” Dean groaned at the black tie in his hands. Riley glanced up from the cloth in her hand and blushed at the Hunter.
“Yes,” She bit her tongue in an attempt to keep the squeak out of her voice.
He groaned, “I hate this.”
“Stop being a little bitch,” Ah, there was the Riley snark she was attempting earlier. Dean made a face before turning to the woman who had just entered the room. She was a beautiful woman with immaculate grey hair that stayed pinned up in a curling knot on the top of her head. Her green eyes were bright as she smiled at the group around them.
“You must be Miss Cherrie’s friends,” Her voice chimed like a bell and, if Riley was completely honest with herself, she kind of wanted to punch her in the face.
“Hello, I'm Aoife,” The shortest of the group offered her her hand and smiled, “This is Riley, Dean and Sam,” Sam stepped forward and shook her hand as well but both Dean and Riley stayed back and silent. The woman’s smile wavered, but she kept her comments to herself.
“How tall are you?” She looked Sam up and down. The younger Winchester grinned.
“I'm six foot four-”
“-of pure sex appeal,” Riley and Aoife both screamed before bursting into laughter. The woman lost her smile then, replaced it with a blush before asking Sam to follow her, and led the brothers into the changing rooms. Aoife and Riley roamed around the shop as they waited for the woman to call them back. A pregnant elephant walked between the two Witches as they openly avoided the topic stuck in the mouths. Neither of them wanted to talk about Riley’s incident but they knew one day they'd need to speak about what happened. They just prayed that the day didn’t come too soon.
“Oh my God!” Aoife hold a black garment in her fingers before grinning maniacally at Riley, “Oh my frigging God this was made for you,” Riley glared at the dress and shook her head violently at her friend.

An hour later.

“I hate you for this…”
“Aunt Cherrie will love it!”
“Ugh,” The dressing room curtain pulled back an a woman who looked like Riley but certainly could not have been Riley steps put of the room. The dress was formed fitting, touching the floor with a thigh high slit up the left side. A palm sized strap reached over her right shoulder with each step she took the fabric moved against her body and high lighted her curves.
Aoife practically squealed with delight, “You look like a super model!”
“A damn fine one at that.” A handsome voice said from across the salon.
Riley had managed turn on her heel to face the man without falling on her ass, a feat that she deemed a miracle. Even in heels, she was forced to look up at the guy she was ready to tell off. All arguments fell away there as she took in the tall drink of water in front of her.
“You might want to pick up your jaw and thank the nice gentleman.” Aoife suggested mildly.
“No need, miss.” The sexy creature chuckled, “I was sent here to retrieve the two of you and your dates.”
“Who are you?” Riley’s question might’ve been rude to anyone else.
“I’m wounded!” The man looked falsely affronted.
“Answer the damn question,” Riley put her foot down. No creature on Earth was allowed to look like that and not give her his name.
“The name’s Emner, miss.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If this chapter was confusing, it was meant to be that way. Many of Riley's chapters will be like this. The poor thing is broken, so she's having a few issues. Don't worry! You can expect sanity when you get to Aoife's chapters...now that that nightmare is gone that is...