Status: In Progress

Somewhere

I

For a moment everything on earth was still. The wind didn't blow, the trees were stiff as can be, not even the bug beneath Charles moved under his feet. He was cold to the very core as the thought of the new couple weeks came to mind. He tired his best not to think too much of what would happen if things didn't go his way, he knew he would panic. He turns off his emotions.


My name is Charles Edward Welsh. He thinks to himself. I am 129 years of age. If I don't find a mate soon, the Originals will kill me. Chances are... I will die in a matter of five weeks. "Five weeks" he says out loud to himself. "The count down begins"

He takes a deep breath as the earth around him finally starts to move. He took in the warm summer wind as it blows against his cold cheeks. He feels so connected with the world around him. Every time he's around nature, he feels at peace.

Charles - or Charlie as most of this generation likes to call him - runs his fingers through his dark brown hair and with the blink of in eye he dashes himself to the back of his school. He looks down at his wrist to check the time. The tardy bell rang three minutes ago and luckily no one was around to see his super human running ability. Quickly he makes his way to his homeroom finding a seat next to his one and only friend, Emily Darkbloom. Her strawberry-blonde hair was in a messy ponytail, and her glossy lips were plump and red, her green eyes focused on Charlie's Grey-Sliver ones and they seem to be asking, where have you been? Charlie and Emily are very in sync and for some reason, too good of friends to ever date. Emily was the only human-being that he didn't actually mind. Some of the other ones made him want to rip their heads off and take a huge bite out of their neck until he sucked them dry. Charlie mouths the words I'm sorry.

Emily cocks her head to both sides, and turns to Charlie whispering softly; "Thinking again?" She speaks concerned. Emily seems to be all-knowing.

"Yeah" Charlie whispers back "It's getting worst" He smiles sadly at Emily as she bats her long thick eyelashes shaking her head slowly, assuring him he will find someone in no time, but he wasn't so sure about that. The cruse came along with a gift; which was the power of achieving. Charlie can do anything he wants, just as long as he believes it strongly enough, but something about him finding a mate didn't feel right. He wasn't sure if he would find his mate, or maybe he just wasn't ready. When someone becomes a vampire, they still have the mind state of the age of when they turned. When Charlie died, he was seventeen, and he wasn't ready too settle down just yet. He was going into the military right before everything happened. For more then 100 years, Charlie has been telling himself maybe when I am older things will change, yet the older he gets, the harder things get. He lives Molly and Colton, his gardens who happened to be each others mates and they have been together for more then 300 years. They got married at the age of 32 and when they came from their honeymoon, they were killed and became vampire; till this day their still happy with each other. Charlie doesn't know if that will happen to him. When a vampire finds a mate, they're suppose to be together forever, but sometimes things go wrong. A vampire can change his or her mind, and they can leave each other, but there's a catch. If you want to leave your mate you have to fight to the death. Which ever one comes out alive has to find a new mate by 100 years. These are all rules the Originals came up with, they have hunters out, who are all over the world just to make sure vampires follow their rules - Charlie calls them the policemen of the vampire world - and if these rules aren't followed the Originals will personally find you and kill you.

Charlie twirls his daylight ring around his finger letting a soft sigh escape from his lips. Suddenly an intoxicating smell fills his nostrils. Blood, warm, thin blood, rushing down his dry throat, filling his empty stomach. Mmm. The smell was coming from more then a mile away. No one was bleeding, because he knew what fresh blood smelled like, and he didn't know what made this persons blood so special, but he felt connected with this person, just like he is with nature. He knew this persons emotions and thought. The person was bothered, annoyed, and a little hazy. Charlie had no idea what was going on. This was a new feeling for him.

The smell just grew stronger and this person was coming closer. He grabbed on to his desk, digging his nails into the fake wood that he could easily snap. Emily looked over at him and she looked frightened. Charlie now knew his Grey eyes were blood red; he was becoming a monster. He ran out the classroom as his teacher called for him, but he just ignored it. He ran into the boy's bathroom shutting the door behind him and entered a stall locking it quickly. His breath was uneven and heavy. Every vain his body was dry, wanting to burst out of his skin. His skin was no longer just dead and cold, but also hard as stone. Claws popped out of his nails, ready to attack. This person was coming to this school and if he didn't get as far away as possible, more then just one person was going to get killed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I don't know how often I will be able to update. Any questions will be answered in the next chapter(but if you still wanna ask, you may). I don't really know what else to say here. SO yeah. And Try to have an open mind about it, don't compare it to twilight or vampire diaries. very different.