Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Labels

I left his lunch on his desk and left, quietly closing the door behind me.
Walking back through to the main part of the store I heard a blood curdling scream, I rushed through ''What's happened? Is anyone hurt?''
I looked around to see everyone staring at me like I was crazy ''What?''
''We didn't hear anything..'' Phil looked up at me with a perplexed expression on his face.
The scream echoed through the store again.
''Well we heard it that time'' The band and Bray all stood up in unison, ''Where did it come from?'' Tino looked around.
''It sounded like it came from the back, when I was walking back from the managers office it was louder than it was in here...''
''Well let's go and check i tout then, everyone prepared?''
We all grabbed some sort of weapon and I closed the shop, shooing out, as politely as I could, the few people left.

- - - - -
I lead the 'group' down the hallway and past a couple of closets, checking that they were empty before heading back off into the hallway.
Suddenly there was a loud crash and the whole place went dark.
Being the only member of staff left in the store I turned left into another dark hallway and fiddled with the switches until the lights came back on.
Which they didn't.
They were completely gone, someone had cut the wires.
All of them.
''Are you okay there?'' Alan said from over my shoulder, leaning his arm against the wall and shining the light of his phone towards the electric box.
''Uhm, no not really'' I replied, biting on my lip
''Why what's up?'' He asked studying my face and the box.
''Someone's cut all of the wires..there's no way I can get the lights back on without calling someone in..''
''Well do you have any torches or whatever?'' Phil called from outside in the hallway.
''Yeah, I've got some here..'' I reached over to the shelf next to the electric box and grabbed a coupled of torches, tossing one in Phil's direction.
''Ow, what the fuck''
''Oh god, sorry. Who did it hit?''
''Austin'' Alan giggled.
''Sorry Austin'' I shouted, joining in with Alan's giggling.