Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 10

Loki finally moved away from her and walked towards her sitting room. She was still confused. What was that? How could he wake such strong emotions in her? Perhaps this had not been such a good idea. She finally shook away the confusion of thoughts in her mind. She slowly walked to where he was sitting. He had a book in his hands and was studying it. The book puzzled her, it was not one of hers

It was bound in leather and the inscriptions were foreign. She moved passed him. As he was busy reading she decided to read as well. She picked up the book that she had been reading the first night that he had made his appearance and made her way to her chair. She kicked off the heels and tucked her legs beneath her. Finding her place she immersed herself in the book, finding a welcome escape from her tumultuous thoughts and emotions.

After reading for about two hours she stretched her legs and put her book down. Loki was still deeply engrossed in his book and paid her no attention. She couldn’t understand how he was kissing her one moment and then ignoring her. She shook the thoughts from her mind and got up, moving to the kitchen.
She made them some coffee and got a few things to snack on. She would have to go shopping soon, she hadn’t planned on having company so her food supplies were a little low. She put everything in a tray and carried it to Loki. She placed his cup next to him on a table along with the various biscuits and cheese that she had prepared. As there wasn’t another chair next to Loki’s she sat down on the floor so that she could reach the snacks.

He raised an eyebrow at her as he looked down at her but still he didn’t talk. His silence was working on her nerves. What was he planning? Why was he being so quit? She lost her appetite and decided to just drink her coffee.

She was staring into her cup; lost in thought when there was a knock on the door. The sudden sound startled her. She moved towards the door, Loki had not moved from his place. She wondered why he trusted her, but shrugged. Her clothing had arrived and that made her smile.

She moved everything to her room and started to unpack everything. The last dress she removed was the beautiful one that had mesmerized Loki so. She stroked the soft material. It was by far the most beautiful dress she had ever owned. She placed it carefully in her closet.

She walked back to where Loki sat. He had drunk his coffee and also ate some of the food.

“I’m going to take a shower, do you need anything else?” She asked.

He looked up at her and just shook his head. His continued silence was making her very nervous. She kept trying to think what she could have done wrong. She couldn’t think of anything, unless he was still upset about the incident with Paulo. That could not be it though. She placed her ipod in the docking station and played her relaxing playlist. She needed the soothing music to help her relax.

To further her relaxation she decided to take a bath instead. She filled it with her favourite bubbles and then got in giving a sigh of enjoyment as she lay back into the water. She closed her eyes and just listened to the music and emptied her mind of everything. She was almost asleep when she felt someone touch her face.

She opened her eyes and Loki was sitting on the edge of the tub, his finger stroking her cheek. She didn’t know what to do.

“Loki, what are you doing here?” She asked.

“You were taking too long so I came to see what you were up to. I must say I much prefer this view of you.”

She felt her cheeks heat up. Most of the bubbles had disappeared by now. She sat up and pulled her legs to her chest locking her arms around them. Her heart was racing again. She didn’t want to look at him, the only thought in her mind was that she wanted him to get out and leave her alone.
Note to self, make sure to only take quick showers and to lock the bathroom door next time. She thought.

He chuckled and moved. She let out a sigh of relief but her relief was short lived as the next thing she felt was his hand stroking her back. She looked over her shoulder at him.

“Loki, please leave.” She asked.

He just ignored her request and leaned over her taking the bar of soap and washcloth. She held her breath as he was leaning very close to her and she could actually feel his body heat against her. He lathered the cloth and then started to wash her back. He was using gentle circular motions.

She stiffened at the contact, but didn’t move. If she was honest with herself she would admit that the sensation was not unpleasant, but she refused to give in to those feelings and held completely still.

He rinsed her back and then leaned towards her, she could feel his breath against the back of her neck and could not stop the goose bumps from forming. He kissed her behind her ear and she couldn’t help the shudder that went through her.

“Yes I like this view very much, I think this will become a nightly ritual for us.” He chuckled and then left her.

What had she gotten herself into and what did he mean with his last remark?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the long pause between updates. Hopefully you'll enjoy this one.