Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Consequences

She was struggling against steel arms, arms that were keeping her away from her mother. Something was wrong though, it was dark and she wasn’t at the accident scene. Her heart was racing but slowly she realized that she had been dreaming. It had been so long since she had that nightmare about that day.

Her mind was still trapped in the memories and she couldn’t understand who would be holding her so she struggled to get away, but it was useless. Whoever was holding her was way to strong for her. She was crying and struggling and her breathing was still shallow and panicked.

“Quite, little one, you are safe.” Someone was muttering.

The voice was so beautiful, so gentle and somehow familiar. It was only when she looked up into those impossibly green eyes that she realized where she was and with who, but she didn't care all she needed was comfort and that was what he was offering her.

She stopped struggling and leaned into him holding onto him and giving in to the heartache. He said nothing only pulled them down and covered them. He held her and stroked her back soothingly. Finally she had cried herself out and calmed down. He didn't let her go, but continued to hold her. She didn't move away from him and she didn't question his sudden change in attitude she was just too happy to accept the comfort he was giving her and she was just too emotionally exhausted to question his motives.

It was so nice to have someone hold her so gently. She hadn't felt so safe in a long time. She didn't care that he was holding her as his prisoner or that she should actually be afraid of him. It didn’t matter that he might be planning to do terrible things. He was here and for the moment he was just comforting her.

“Are you feeling better little one?” He asked gently.

“Yes, thank you.” Her head was on his chest and she didn’t look at him.

His hand moved to her chin and he tilted her head up.
“That was not a nightmare, but a memory.” He said. He had a frown on his face and seemed almost upset.

She realized that with the mind reading he had probably been able to see what she was dreaming.

She nodded. “That was how my parent’s died. We were on our way home when we were hit by a truck. I was able to make it out, but they were not so lucky.”

How old were you when it happened?”

“I was 16.” She whispered.

He didn’t say anything for a while, only moved his hand to her head and stroked her hair in a comforting way.

“Go back to sleep.” He told her.

She wanted to, but she was afraid to do so. She didn’t want to dream again, but she felt herself relaxing as he continued to hold her and finally she gave in and fell into a dreamless sleep.

She woke up slowly. She felt warm and comfortable. The events of the previous night played through her thoughts as she realized that she was lying with her head on Loki's shoulder and her legs entwined with his. She blushed, it was very intimate.

She looked up at him, but he was still sleeping. For a while she only lay there enjoying the feeling of being held. He looked very peaceful as he lay there. It was hard to believe that this was the same villain that had done so many horrible things. He was very attractive and even in sleep he gave off an aura of power.

She wondered what it would be like to be loved by someone like him.

Wait what was she thinking? Love? Your brains must be really messed up to be thinking about loving someone like him. She doubted that he would care to have a relationship with someone like her anyway. He was a prince and according to legend a god after all. It was definitely time to get up; she couldn't be thinking things like that. He was using her, for what she wasn't sure, but she knew that she meant nothing to him.

She gently disengaged herself from his arms, being careful to not wake him. She was actually surprised that he didn’t wake up, she would have thought that he would be a light sleeper. She dressed in a gypsy skirt, gladiator sandals and an off the shoulder top and then moved to the kitchen.

He had given her comfort after her nightmare so she decided that it was only right that she made him something nice for breakfast. That was easier said than done. There was very little in the form of food in the kitchen. She really needed to go grocery shopping.

She could run down to the corner shop and get a few things for breakfast. Loki was still asleep and it shouldn't take long. She'd be back long before he woke up and he wouldn't even know that she was gone.

The decision made she grabbed her purse and keys and left. Luckily the shop wasn't very far from her home. She didn't want him to wake up and find her gone so she hurried, grabbing bread, eggs, bacon and some berries as well as juice. That should be enough to get breakfast out of the way.

It was still early and she enjoyed the quite morning. She opened her door and entered closing it behind her softly. As she turned around she stared directly into a pair of furious cold green eyes. Her heart raced at the anger she saw and she swallowed nervously.

“Where have you been?” His voice wasn't loud but the menace in it made her take a step away from him.

“I was just getting something for breakfast.” She said.

“Did I give you permission to leave?” The fury had not left his eyes.

She could only shake her head. This was not the same person who held her last night. This was the cold hearted murder and he terrified her.

He moved towards her, she would have tried to back away from him, but she was already against the door.

“I'm sorry, you were sleeping and I wanted to make you something to eat, but I didn't have anything as I haven't gone grocery shopping yet. I just went to the corner store and I came straight back.” She explained frantically.

She didn’t like this side of him and she wanted to calm him down, perhaps telling him the truth would do so. She hated the fact that she sounded so weak, but this side of Loki was dark and without mercy.

His eyes narrowed as he looked at the packages in her hands. He had not moved away from her, but was still looming over her with his dark aura surrounding them, blanketing her with fear. The way he was looking at her did not ease the panic in her mind. His anger was like a cloak all around him.

“You are not to leave this place unless I am with you. I had thought that I had made that clear to you, but it seems that you do not listen too well. It seems I will have to make you understand by using other means, as you don't seem to take to instructions too well. I have told you that your actions will have consequences.”

His words only managed to make her even more scared, she swallowed against the knot of fear in her throat, and although she was terrified she was getting angry herself. She frowned at him and raised her voice slightly.
“Look Loki, we have an agreement and I always keep my word. I didn’t think ...”
“No, you didn’t think.” He replied. “We may have an agreement, but I am still the one in control. You are not allowed to go anywhere without me and do no ever take that tone with me again, you are nothing but a mere mortal and you belong to me. Since you seem to struggle to follow simple instructions I will have to make things clear to you in some other way.”
With a wave of his hand the bags disappeared from her hands. He grabbed her by her wrist and dragged her towards the bedroom and she started to panic. She wanted to resist but knew that it would only anger him further and she didn’t want to push him too far.
“As you seem to think you can come and go as you please I will have to make a few changes to your situation. “ He stalked to her cupboard and threw the doors open. With a wave of his hand all her clothing disappeared. He turned to her and she felt a tingling and when she looked down she was dressed only in her underwear. She quickly crossed her arms around her to cover herself.

“When I decide that you have earned my trust I will return your clothing to you.”

She could only stare at him in horror. He couldn’t be serious could he? She looked into his eyes and the dead coldness of them told her he was. There wasn’t a glimmer of humanity or mirth in them, only deadly intent. She had a feeling that he would rather strangle her.

“Defy me again and I will have you with no clothing and who knows what actions such a sight could incite me to.” He said coldly. She had no doubt what he meant with those words and she felt nauseous at the thought that he would do such a thing.

“Go and make food.” He ordered.

She bowed her head to hide her tears, feeling degraded and very uncomfortable with so little on, but turned and walked to the kitchen to do as he ordered. She didn’t have a choice and she definitely did not want to anger him further. She made him breakfast, his eyes following her every move making her feel even more uncomfortable than she already was. She was not an exhibitionist and having to walk around with barely anything on was not pleasant.

The only thing that kept her going was the thought that he would get tired of playing games with her and let her go or perhaps she'd wake up one morning and he'll be gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking this long to update. My life is very hectic at the moment and I'm finding it difficult to find time to write. I'll keep trying though and update when I can. Hope you enjoy this update.