Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Questions and answers

She was hungry, but knew that they didn't have any decent food in the kitchen so she walked over to where Loki was sitting in his chair.

He looked up when she walked in and she smiled at him. He lifted an eyebrow as he looked her over.

“Although the clothing is pleasing, I still think you look better without it.”

Really? He was enjoying her embarassment just a little too much, but at least he was still in a good mood.

“Loki, do you think we could go out to buy some food?” She asked. “I really don't have anything decent on hand.”

He moved forward grabbing her and pulling her to sit on his lap. She hadn't expected it and grabbed onto his arms to steady herself.

She looked up into his eyes and knew she was in trouble when the had that emerald glint in them that spelled mischief.

“I think I may be persuaded to do so.” He said.

Oh yes definitely in trouble but she decided to play along with him.

Smiling she asked. “And what would I have to do to persuade you?”

He smiled. “Oh, I'm sure that you will be able to think of something.” His voice had gotten that deliciously silky tone that chased all reason from her mind.

She smiled at him and leaned forward letting her lips graze his in a light kiss, knowing that he wanted more, but deciding that she would tease him just a little.

“Would that suffice?” She asked.

He raised his very expressive eyebrow and shook his head disapprovingly.

“That is barely enough to convince me to lift myself from this chair, you will definitely have to do better than that.”

She almost giggled at his playfullness which was a vast improvement to his usual mood..

“Well I wouldn't want to disappoint you.” She said and leaned forward again kissing him fully on his lips. She felt the smile that grew there and then his hand was holding the back of her head, keeping her from pulling away.

Before long she had lost all control over the kiss as he took over. She was lost and didn't mind at all as she moved her hands to his hair feeling the softness of it under her fingers.

His hand had moved from the back of her neck to her cheek, holding it so gently while his other hand moved to her waist holding her closer to him.

He finally pulled away and she let her head rest on his should as she tried to calm her breathing and her heart. They sat like that for a while he held her to him as if unwilling to let her go, but finally he moved her from his lap and stood up.

“Come little one, let's go and get some food.”

She smiled ruefully, she had actually forgotten about food in the excitement of the kiss and she knew he was aware of this as his eyes sparkled down into hers while a knowing smile formed on his lips.

“I'll just get my coat and then we can go.” She said as she quickly went to fetch it.

She felt giddy. She could get used to this side of Loki. Please, please don't let him slip back to the other him, she silently prayed.

He was waiting for her by the door and without thinking she slipped her hand into his.

He didn't say anything, but he didn't let go of her hand either so she took it as a good sign
“So where should we go?” He asked her.

“Let's go to the corner store, it has a wide selection and it's not too far away. We should be able to get everything we need there.”

He nodded his head in acceptance. She was curious about him and wanted to know more, so she decided to see whether he would tell her more.

“Loki, do you mind telling me more about yourself?” She asked. “Only if you want to that is.”

She was almost afraid that he would return to the angry Loki as he looked at her with an indescribable look in his eyes that was making her nervous.

“You don't have to tell me anything personal, just maybe about where you are from, what it's like and what you liked to do there.”

“Why would you like to know this?” He asked.

“I know very little about you and I want to know more. There were things about you in the news and I know a little about norse mythology, but somehow I don't think that the information is all too accurate.”

“What, do you not believe that I am the mother of a eight legged horse?”

She actually laughed at that.

“I think you would be capable of something like that if you wanted, probably so that you could spite someone. Although I do think you would have been able to outsmart a horse.”

He smiled at her answer.

“Thor will be highly upset that you did not believe that. He had enjoyed that particular tall tail of his very much and it brings him great pleasure to bring it up. Mortals can be so gullible at times."

She laughed at that, so the myths were wrong about that, it was good to know. That had been one of the more disturbing things about him that had been running through her thoughts.

“I grew up in Asgard, the eternal realm and it is the most beautiful of the nine realms. There is none of the polution that you find here.”

She smiled at the obvious pride he had for his home, but she also sensed a sadness in him as he spoke of hisd home. Did he miss Asgard? Would he go home if given the chance and what stopped him from returning. She knew she couldn't ask him this yet, but she would find out. He continued and she listened.

“The palace of Odin stands like a beacon and can be seen from a long way off. There are many gardens within the palace grounds.”

She saw a whistfull smile form on his lips

“Mother has her own garden where the rare Asgardian roses grow. I spent many hours there with her as a child. It is still one of my favorite places in the palace.”

“It sounds wonderful.” She could imagine that the garden must be like a little haven, a place to retreat from the world.

“What did you do with your time? Did you have to go to school, like we do?”

“As part of the royal family we had to learn the duties of our positions. We did not have schooling like you do, but we had tutors to teach us, we were tutured in state craft, diplomacy as well as tactics and warfare. I enjoyed studying, while Thor tended to enjoy the physical training more.”

“From what I've seen of Thor he does not seem like one who would spend much time reading. He looks like a complete jock.”

He laughed. “You are correct, he did not see the relevance of all the book learning, feeling that a good fight would resolve most issues.”

She snorted. “He sounds like one of the guys I went to college with. He seemed to think that his physical attributes and skills were all he needed to conquer all the girls.”

She shivered at the memory, the guy had been a moron and not a nice person when he didn't get his way. She pushed away those thoughts focussing instead on Loki. She found that he was looking at her.

“Something tells me there is more to the story than you are telling.”

She flushed she should have known that he would pick up on that.

“Yes, he was an idiot who could not take no for an answer and got angry when denied. He felt that I should be thankful that he was giving me attention and did not like my refusal of his generous offer of his sexual advances. Luckily I had some good friends who set him right.”

He was frowning and his eyes had a dangerous glint to them. She didn't understand why her story would upsent him so but she thought it better to change the subject.

“Do you have libraries in your realm?” She asked.

“There is an extensive library in the palace, but I prefer my own. Over the years I have accumulated quite a few books, some of them quite rare.”

“How old are you?” The question popped out before she could stop it.

“Now why would you ask that?” He asked that oh so expressive eyebrow of his rising in amusement. “Do I look so old and discrepit?”

She couldn't help the blush from forming on her face. He did not look old at all. He looked quite attractive and young.

“Well it is something that has been of interest to me. You are metioned in the norse mythologies and those are quite old. Do you time travel, or are you really just very old? Not that you look old or anything.” She added the last bit because he was giving her a very intense look.

“We do not time travel so unfortunately the answer to that is that I am over a thousand years old.” He was watching her with that mischievous glint in his eyes again.

“Well you certainly don't look your age.” She managed with a blush on her cheeks.

He laughed. “Although thousands of years have passed in this realm since my first visit my age in your terms would be closer to 23. Does that sound better?” She laughed at that.

“I can definitely say that 23 sounds better than a thousand.”

They walked in silence for a while.

“You enjoy reading what types of books do you read?”

“Mostly books on stategy, politics and of course magic.”

“Have you ever read The Art of War by Sun Tzu?”

“I have heard of it, but I must confess that I have not read it yet.”

She would have to give him her copy to read, he should find it interesting. They were at the shop now so she led him in and picked up a trolley in which to place their items.

She decided to start at one end of the shop and work their way through so she could make sure to get everything they needed.

Loki was looking around the shop taking in everything with great interest.

“I guess this is a lot different from what you're used to.” She noted.

He smiled. “Yes, it is interesting to say the least. During my previous stay I had not had much time to take in the sightsnand learn about your ways, athough I did manage to glean much from the minds of those that I took over.”

“Somehow I don't think grocery buying was one of the priority issues when trying to take over the world.”
He laughed at that.

“No it was not. I am surprised at the variety that is displayed here”
This is only a small store, the bigger stores have a much bigger variety.”

They moved through the store and she made sure that she had everything that they would need to last them for a few days.

“Do you always shop here?” He asked.

“Mostly, I only go to the bigger stores if I need something that I can't find here or if I'm in the mood to make an outing of shopping. I like this place, it's run by an old lady and her husband. I've been shopping here for so long that they know me by now.”

“I see that that is something that you value.” He noted.

She looked at him puzzled. “What do you mean?”

“You eat at restaurant that is owned by a family who know you. Here you shop at a place once again owned by a family and yet again you are well known to them. You seem to build relationships even for something as mundane as shopping.”

She though about what he said.

“I never thought about it like that but I think you are right. I like to get along with people and although I mostly keep to myself once I'm comfortable with someone I tend to build on that. I do prefer the smaller family owned businesses they make me feel more comfortable and seem to have more soul than the bigger places.”

“Perhaps in a way you are looking for the family you have lost.” henoted.

His words struck a chord deep inside her as she realized that he was right. Since the loss of her parents she had been looking for something that was missing from her life. Being a part of the families she came to befriend filled the emptiness in some small part, but could never completely make up for what she had lost.

“I did not mean to upset you.” He said. She realized that she had stopped walking at the final realization.

She shook her head. “You didn't upset me. I just realized that you were right. I've been trying to fill the hole the loss of my parents left. These people do that but still they cannot completely make up for their loss.”

“It is true that one cannot replace the love of your parents.” She heard the bitterness in his voice, but when she looked at him she knew that he wasn't ready to talk about whatever family issues he had.

“If I'm not mistaken it is usual for mortal woman to try and find that love in men.”

“That is true for most women, but I think I'm being too fussy about what I want in a man. I have yet to find one that can meet the standards that my father had.”

“And what would be your idea of the perfect man?” He asked.

She laughed self conciously.

“This has got to be the strangest conversation ever. Who would have thought that I would be discussing groceries and what my idea of the perfect man is with the god of Mischief.”

He grinned at her impishly.

“Trying to sidestep the question I see, you will have to do better than that my dear.”

She blushed because she had been trying to avoid telling him. She saw the change in his eyes and knew that he was up to no good.

“You had better tell me or I will make such a scene that you will never be able to show your face here again.”

“You wouldn't! Besides what could you do that would embarrass me so?”

She had not been looking around and had not noticed in what aisle they currenlly were.

The glint in his eyes intensified and a mischievous grin appeared on his face making him look young and carefree with just a little bit of a devilish air. It made her heart race.

“Is that a challenge little one? Be warned I have never failed in any challenge yet and I do not intend to do so now. I think that our current location is ripe with oportunities for your embarassment and as the god of Mischief I know just how to utilise it.”

The softly spoken words were teasing but she also knew that he meant them. Did she really want to challenge him on this? What did he mean by their current location...

Oh no! With horror she realized that the aisle they were in was filled with feminine products . Looking at his eyes she knew that he would indeed and that the god of Mischief would indeed be able to cause a lot of embarassment. She didn't stand a chance. The devish smirk that he gave her also didn't bode good for her.

“You don't play fair.” She groaned.

He laughed, “I never said that l did.”

“Well I guess he would have to be caring and love me for myself and not for my money or my looks. He would have to be responsible and trustworthy. A great sense of humor would be a must. I just want someone who can love me completely and who I can love in return, someone to share my ups and downs with and who can tell me that everything will be all right when I need it.”

He nodded his head.and seemed to be considering her answer.

“You have not mentioned what your ideal man should look like.”

She thought again.

“It would be hipocritical of me to go for looks, but I'm honest enough to say that looks are important. I don't mind light haired guys but I like dark hair more. As for eyes I prefer blue or green. I don't like men who are all muscle but still he should take care of himself and have some definition. None of this is set in stone though, if I really find someone who I love it wouldn't matter what he looked like. The most important thing should be that he treat me with respect and be someone that I can respect in turn.”

He didn't say anything more only seemed to be deep in thought.

“Well we've got everything we need and it's getting late so let's pay for this and go home. I don't like walking home in the dark.”

He stopped her and took and turned her towards him. She looked up at him curious to know why he had stopped her.

“Know this Angel, I willnot let any harm befall you and there is none in this realm who could oppose me.I promise I wil always keep you safe, you need not fear anything while I am with you.”

He leaned down and gave her a gentle kiss of reassurance. The kiss was comforting and his words were spoken earnestly. She knew that he meant it and she could not help the feeling of warmth that surrounded her heart on hearing them. She smiled up at him with gratitude and acceptance.

“Thank you.”

She walked up to the counter and Mrs Anders greeted her.

“Oh deary I'm so glad to see you again. You left in such a rush this morning that you forgot your purse. I thought that I would have to drop it by your house after we closed.”

“I didn't even notice that I had left it. My head had not been here at all. Thank you for keeping it for me.”

“It was no trouble at all, I'm guessing that your friend there was the reason for your preocupation.” She smiled as she looked at Loki.

Angel blushed; in truth her mind had been occupied with thoughts of Loki.

“Yes he was, I wanted to surprise him with breakfast. This is my boyfriend Rafe, Rafe this is Mrs Maggie Anders.”

“I'm so glad to meet you.” Mrs Anders said.

“The pleasure is mine.” He replied.

“You must be very special to have caught our little Angel. I have dispared of her ever meeting someone. She can be so stubborn.”

Loki smiled. “I have noticed that, but I knew that I wanted her the moment I saw her and I do not easily give up. I simply refused to let her slip from my grasp.”

“Ah, a man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it. Well if her distraction is anything to go by then you are definitely doing something right.”

Angel couldn't help but blush at the pleased look on Loki's face on hearing Mrs. Anders words. As if his ego needed more boosting, but she couldn't deny that she was facinated by him and wanted to make him happy. When he was like this she could almost forget just how dangerous and unpredictable he could be.

Everthing had been totalled up she was about to take out some money when Loki stopped her.

“No darling, let me.” He paid for everything and she wondered again where he got the money from.

The shared the bags and walked back home and although it was already getting dark she didn't feel scared at all, because crazy as it sounded she felt perfectly safe with Loki.

She could get so used to this. She knew she shouldn't but she couldn't help it. His recent behaviour had been so nice, she wanted him to stay like this. She would do everything in her power to have him stay like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to appologize for the delay in posting. I wanted to have this up a lot earlier, but unfortunately there were delays and between work, bad eyesight and just plain tiredness it got delayed.
Hope you enjoy the update.