Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 16

Loki seated himself at the kitchen table while she busied herself with putting away everything. She still didn't know what she was , going to make for dinner. She kept thinking of things and then discarding them as they took too long to make.

She looked up and noticed that Loki was looking at her in amusement.

“What do you find so amusing?” She asked him.

“You, do you always give this much thought to what you will eat?”

She laughed. “Not normally but I'm hungry and not really in the mood to cook.”

“I may have a solution to this predicament.” He said. The teasing light was back in his eyes.

She smiled. “And what do you suggest?” She asked even though she knew that he wouldn't give her a straight answer.

His lips turned up in a smirk. “I'm afraid my memory is not so good, it might take a little encouragement to remember.”

She played along, moving behind him. He sat still waiting for her. She moved her hands into his hair and gently started to massage his head.

“Well, let me help you, a nice head massage might just jog your memory.” She gently pressed her fingers into his head making sure to press just hard enough to get the best effect.

He leaned into her fingers, closing his eyes. She kept this up for a while and just enjoyed looking at him. He turned to her suddenly his eyes opened and he smirked as he caught her gaze.

“As lovely as this is I’m afraid I’m still having trouble quite remembering.”

His lips had quirked up at the corner just a little bit. She knew what he was hinting at, but she didn’t want to give in too easily. She enjoyed his teasing and she definitely enjoyed the kissing and though deep inside her a little voice was screaming to be careful she couldn’t help but play along with him.
She knew that she was walking a fine line, but she also feared that she was fighting a loosing battle. Loki was very seductive and what girl was immune to the thrill of being with the bad boy? Loki was definitely the ultimate bad boy.

“Well I don’t know what more I can do to bring back those memories.” She feigned ignorance as she moved so that she was facing him fully.

The laugh that fell from his lips was dark and laced with seduction and causing a shiver to run through her.

“Oh I think you do.” He was leaning closer to her and for a moment she thought he was going to kiss her but he stopped short. His lips were mere inches from hers, but he made no move to kiss her. She really wanted to not give in, but his lips were so close to hers that she could feel his breath on them.

She lost the struggle with herself and leaned in letting her lips meet his and she felt his smile of victory as he kissed her back. She let herself get lost in the kiss. Something that felt this good couldn’t be bad could it?

He pulled away and laughed softly. She didn’t know why he laughed but was feeling too good to care.

“I seem to remember something called take-out. Barton thought highly of it and it requires no effort on your part.”

She shook her head and laughed at his reply.

“I can’t believe that it’s the Prince from another realm, an alien so to speak who thinks of something so human as take-out.”

“I am full of surprises my dear.” He definitely looked happy with himself.

“That is a good idea, so what would you like to eat?” She asked.

“I care not; I will leave it in your capable hands.” He replied.

Pizza would do then; she went to the phone and placed an order for them.

“It won't take too long, would you like some tea or coffee while we wait?”

She was still a little uneasy around him. He could change at the drop of a hat so she was trying to be careful.

“Some tea would be nice.”

She busied herself with making them both some tea. She knew that he was watching her. She wanted to talk to him about magic but didn't know how to ask him.

“Let's go and drink this in the sitting room.”

They both made themselves comfortable and just sat for a while enjoying the tea.

“Would you mind telling me more about your magic?” She finally asked.

He just looked at her for a moment

“Why do you ask about this?” She could hear the suspicion in his voice and she noticed that he was a little tenser.

“I'm curious.” That was the truth. “We don't have true magic here and from the little amount of time that I've known you I already know that you practice magic that is far from the tricks the magicians of earth do.”

She watched as he analyzed her answer, but finally his posture softened and he nodded his head.

“What would you like to know?”

“Are there many in Asgard who practice magic or is it something that only a few can do? Are you born with the ability or is it like a skill that can be developed?”

“Although many on Asgard have the ability or talent to do magic it is not a skill that is widely practiced. Magic is not deemed as a battle skill and therefore warriors are not encouraged to practice
it as it is seen as less valorous to use “tricks” in battle.” She could hear the bitterness in his voice and she could guess that he was not always praised for his abilities.

“It is mostly practiced by our healers and some few sorcerers. Very few are born with magic in them but those that are need to be trained to use the magic or else they can cause great harm as they tend to be very powerful. Magic can be learned but there has to be a natural affinity for it. This is mostly done by manipulating the magic that is all around us but they can never completely master all the intricacies that make up the art.”

He looked at her as if to see how she would react to his words.

“I can’t believe that magic isn’t more widely used in battle. If you can hide your army as you can make yourself invisible then you would be at a great advantage and it would definitely cut down on unnecessary losses.”

He smiled at her. “To the ordinary Ǽsir such an action would be dishonest. To hide and attack so would be the way of the coward.”

She could only shake her head at the short-sightedness of such an approach.

“Were you born with your abilities or did you just have natural talent?” She asked, although she was sure that he had been born to magic.

“I’ve always been able to do magic; it is as much a part of me as my hands. It is in my blood. I was told that the skill manifested itself shortly after I was born.”

“If training in such matters are not encouraged for warriors how did you get training?”

He laughed bitterly. “They had little choice but to supply me with training, I needed to learn to control my abilities or else I might have injured someone without intending to. They had only intended to give me enough training to gain control, but I soon found my own way to magic and mostly gained my knowledge myself.”

“Do you think that some of our mortal magicians could learn to do real magic?”

He laughed outright at that. “I have seen some of your magicians and they have no sense of magic at all, they depend on trickery and deception. I have sensed magic around some mortals, but they seem oblivious to the magic.”

“Many cultures have shamans or witch doctors, do you think they do magic or is it also just trickery?”

“These i know actually tap into the magic of the world around them. Some have even been able to walk the hidden and dream paths to find their way to Asgard. It is quite a feat as these are dangerous and even trained sorcerers will not venture on them.”

“You mean they actually go to Asgard?” This surprised her as she hadn’t thought that any mortal could travel there, but this was also touching on one of the things that she wanted to know more about.

“There have only been two mortals in the histories that were able to make it physically to Asgard, the others were only able to travel via what you would call astral projection.”

She frowned. “That is when you project you mind or spirit away from your physical body. In essence only travelling spiritually while your physical body stays were it is.”
She looked at him and he nodded in affirmation, so she continued.

“I’ve heard that that can be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.”

He nodded. “It is not a task to be taken lightly; if the connection with your physical self is severed then it would mean your death. There is also danger when you stay away for too long, the connection weakens as the physical body weakens and it will become more and more difficult to return.”

“Do you travel physically or only in astral form?” She asked.

“I can use both; much depends on the situation.” He smiled at her. “Astral is the best for observing without being seen.”

“You would like that; you enjoy sneaking up on people and scaring them.” She said as she thought back to his first contacts with her.

“Why did you choose to scare me when you first came here?” Then another thought struck her. “Did you use magic on me to make me sleep?”

He gave her a smug smirk, but before he could answer the doorbell rang.

“I do believe our food has arrived.”

She shook her head as she moved towards the door. She took the food to the kitchen and plated up for them. She turned to go back to Loki and almost dropped the plates. He was standing right behind her.

“Really can't you make a noise?” Her heart was beating fast.

He smirked. “Where would the fun be in that?” He said and reached for one of the plates. He gave the plate a puzzled look and looked at her again.

“This is pizza and it tastes a lot better than it looks, try it.” She told him as she picked up a piece and took a bite of hers. She wanted to see his reaction to his first taste of one of her favourite dishes.
He took a careful bite after a while he nodded.

“It does indeed taste better than it looks”

She smiled at him and decided to take a seat at the kitchen table. They didn't talk while they were eating but she didn't feel uncomfortable.

She quickly washed the plates after they had their fill while he sat and watched her.

She should have felt uncomfortable, but he wasn’t threatening but calm and almost relaxed.
A small part of her realized that this whole situation was dangerous and that she shouldn’t get too comfortable with him. He had no respect for mortals and that was all she was. She was entertainment to him and the moment he tired of her he would probably kill her. Unfortunately she wasn’t listening to that voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone - I really have to apologize for the long time that it has taken to make this update. I'm glad to say that my eyes have made a full discovery (believe me I'm very happy about this as it had caused me a great deal of stress). Unfortunately I have been having some personal and family troubles as well. All is well now so I hope to be updating regularly. I hope you enjoy this update.