Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 18 - Interesting consequences

She watched as he leaned over her. His eyes were looking directly into hers. She could see the longing in them, the lust and she felt slightly panicked.

Her arms were trapped against her body. Even had her arms been free it would make little difference as he was just too strong and that was without his magic abilities.

“I am very much enjoying myself my dear. You are proving to be quite a little temptress.” His eyes were shining with delight and the sight of them almost made her speechless in their beauty.

She had not thought that she was that much of a temptation to him at all, she had certainly not tried to tempt him.

“I don’t mean to be.” She replied; forcing the words out passed the lump in her throat. Her voice came out small and hesitant.

He laughed and the change that made to his face was so remarkable that she could only stare. He looked so much younger when he laughed like that. In that moment she could see why he was the god of Mischief as he embodied the essence of mischief.

He leaned down and brushed his lips against hers. She couldn’t help but respond, but she also didn’t want this to escalate even more as she wasn’t ready for that yet. She knew that he must have needs. He was a man, no a god and he had told her that it had been a long time since he had last slept with anyone. She didn’t want to tempt him more she also didn’t want to anger him again.

He had pulled away and was looking into her eyes again. She found that she could not look away. His eyes were mesmerizing and filled with some emotion that she could not place.

“Trust me in this Angel, I will not force you in this. I will go only as far as you are willing to let me go. I may be many things, but I have never and will never force any woman to my bed.”

She wanted to believe him, but she remembered when he had her pressed against the bed and had threatened to do just that. He had been terrifying and she had fully believed that he would carry through with his threat.

“You have threatened to do just that previously.” She spoke even though she was afraid that it would anger him.

He closed his eyes and she felt his body tense; a low groan left his mouth. He opened his eyes and looked back at her with an intensity that was almost frightening.

“It was a threat I knew would bring you to heel. I am not called Silver Tongue for naught. I have ever been able to find that which most fear and use it against them.

She looked into his eyes, trying to see whether he was telling the truth. She wanted to believe him, but he just admitted that he could twist words to fit his needs. She shouldn’t trust him, but the look in his eyes could not be denied.

“In this I trust you. Despite everything that has happened and all that I have heard and has been done by you, I believe that you mean what you say and can be trusted to not hurt my in that manner.”

His body relaxed against hers. He seemed almost happy. The next moment his lips were on hers and his arms tightened around her. She let him take her mouth and she felt his tongue explore every corner of hers. He was in complete control and it felt so right. She let her tongue play against his.

It felt so right she couldn’t stop the pleasurable moans from leaving her mouth, he smiled against her lips. He was so smug and It just wasn’t fair that he could kiss like this. He should be the god of Kissing.

She moved her hands to his neck and let one hand toy with his hair while letting the other stoke skin of his neck.

He finally pulled away and smiled down at her, while she was still too dazed and out of breath to do much. She still had her hand in his hair, enjoying how silky it felt beneath her fingers.

“I think it’s time to sleep now little one, I may have more self control than your mortal men, but I am still a man.”

There was that damned smirk again, how was it possible that one man could look so sexy. She squirmed as she realized that they were still naked and she could feel that a certain part of him was indeed more than willing to continue.

“If you would let me up I’ll put on my night clothes.” That would be really good as it would give him time to cool down and then she would at least have a barrier of clothes between them.

“Now why would I do that?” His voice was soft and teasing. “I like you just the way you are.”

Well that was unexpected. She didn’t know what to say, should she take him seriously and try and ignore the feeling of his naked skin against hers? She didn’t really think that was possible and she wasn’t comfortable enough with him to do so.

An impish thought took root in her mind and she gave him a sly smile and acted before she could get cold feet. She slid her foot up along his leg slowly and pushed her chest against his while tugging lightly on the hair in her hand.

“I’d be glad to oblige you, but do you think it’s a good idea?”

She felt a thrill go through her as he closed his eyes and shuddered while a low growl left his throat. It was strangely empowering to know that she could have such an effect on him, she knew that she was tempting fate, but she also trusted that he would keep his word. The danger and his reactions to what she was doing was just the icing on the cake.

His eyes opened and they bored into hers with such heat that she gasped.

“You little minx, you’re such a tempting little thing, but beware. You may not be able to handle the beast that you unleash.” His words came out in a low growl, laced with need and just a little amusement.

She giggled and the rush his words caused her.

“Then let me up so that I may dress and remove the temptation for you.”

He laughed again and she revelled in it. It was happy with just a little dark edge to it.

“You give yourself little credit little one; it will take more than a few pieces of clothing to keep me from the temptations that you hold.”

Her mouth dropped open in surprise. She had not expected to hear him say that. Did that mean that he found her attractive? She knew that she wasn’t ugly, but he was used to goddesses, how could she compare with that? Was he just messing with her?

He laughed softly and kissed her briefly. Just a peck on the lips, but she felt her body tingle. The tingling puzzled her, but she followed his eyes as he let his arms loosen and looked down her body.

He had magically dressed them both. He was in silk pyjama bottoms but had left his chest bare. She had on a knee length nightgown in a very nice emerald green. It was all lace and silk and did not really do that much to hide her body from him.

She looked back at him and just raised her eyebrow, trying to imitate his look.

“This is not much better than being naked.” She told him.
He gave her a very wicked grin that made her shiver.

“If it is not to your satisfaction I can always remove it. I most definitely would not mind in the least.” His voice had that slick sinful sound to it that made her tingle with the suggestiveness that lay within it.

She could feel her cheeks heat up with embarrassment. That was definitely enough teasing for one night.

“Thank you, but I think this will do nicely.”

He smiled and then turned her on her side with her back to his. His arms were folded around her and he pulled her tightly against him. She wasn’t afraid like the previous night instead she was strangely comforted. She knew that he considered her his property, but she also knew that in his arms nothing could harm her, well except him.
She snuggled against him until she was completely comfortable and then stilled.

“Good night Loki.” The warmth of his body soon lulled her to sleep.

She felt a strange pulling and felt herself floating. It was strange, but she wasn’t afraid. She opened her eyes and saw that she was floating above her body.

She could clearly see both her and Loki lying on the bed. She wanted to panic, but then felt Loki’s presence and the pulling sensation. She gave in and let his presence pull her along.

She found herself in the golden palace again. This must be the astral travelling they had discussed earlier. She felt Loki ahead of her, but could not see him. Somehow she had followed him to his home. She was sure now that it had to be the spell that he had that connected them. She doubted that he was aware of the extent of their connection.

She followed his spirit. They first made it to a beautiful garden; this had to be his mothers. He seemed to be searching for something. She felt him move into the palace itself. They came to a room where there was a large loom. She could see Thor sitting there with the beautiful woman she now knew was Loki’s mother.

She was still so very beautiful. Thor seemed troubled and she could see that the both of them held a deep sadness.

“You are most serious my son.” The Queen said. Her brow was pulled into a slight frown.
Thor sighed heavily.

“My brother is imprisoned and refuses to even acknowledge my presence. What had gone wrong mother? When had things gone so wrong? How did I not notice the change in him? We had been so close mother. I had not thought that we would ever be parted.”

She could feel his anguish and she felt sorry for him.
The Queen reached out and placed a loving hand on his arm.

“I do not know. He had always been one to keep his true feelings hidden lest it be used against him. He was always treated as less and did not want another mark against him.”

Her words were filled with a sadness and longing.

“I don't not know what to do mother. I know that things cannot be as it once was. I had planned to make him my co-ruler after my coronation, but had no time to do so. I am not blind to my failings mother. I am a man of action, while he is one to think things through. He had always been there to guide me in most things. I am not as well versed in the finer arts of politics. I had always thought that he would be at my side to guide me in those matters. He makes up for what I lack.”

She was amazed at the strength of Thor’s feelings for his brother. He viewed him as a part of himself. She ached for his loss and wished that she could heal the rift between the brothers. She knew that Loki must love Thor.

“Do not give up hope my son. We must hold on to the hope that he will return to us perhaps not as he once was, but more like the mischievous boy that we once knew. I believe that his madness and rage was caused by the shock of finding out about his true parentage. I truly regret not telling him or being there for him when he did find out. No matter what, he is still my son. He was so from the first moment that I held him and will continue to be so.”

There was such longing in her words. Longing for a son lost, but there was also a glimmer of hope.
Thor smiled slightly. “I will heed your words mother.”

She felt Loki’s presence move away, but she resisted. She wanted to stay and listen some more. She moved from the doorway where she had been and fully entered the room.

She was surprised when the Queen looked up, staring right at her.

“My dear who are you?” She asked.

Thor looked up and she froze. They could see her. She hadn’t expected that. They hadn’t seen Loki, so why could they see her? The servants they had passed had not given her any notice. She was starting to panic.
The Queen must have seen the panic on her face because she rose.

“Do not be afraid, we mean you no harm.” Her voice was comforting.

“You are of Midgard.” Thor spoke up. “How did you come here.”

She swallowed because Thor had also risen and he was huge. He was only slightly taller than Loki, but his bulk made him look even bigger. She stepped back hesitantly. She could run, but she knew that he would catch her before she could get far.

“Thor, do not scare her so. Can you not see that she is confused and you are not helping the situation? Calm yourself.” Frigga admonished her son. “Be calm little one. My son may look the brute, but his heart is kind.”
Thor had flushed at his mothers words.

“It is true Milady, I did not mean to frighten you. I was just surprised to see a mortal here.”

She took a steadying breath. She knew she couldn’t tell them that she had come with Loki as that would betray the fact that he was no longer imprisoned. She was strangely reluctant to betray him. She wanted to help him and them and knew that if she betrayed him now she would not be able to.

“I don’t know how I got here. I remember that I went to sleep and then I was here wandering around. No one seemed to be able to see me until now. Is this a dream?”
She hoped that they would believe her.

“Ah, you must have dream walked here. This is not a dream my child. You are in Asgard the realm eternal. I am Frigga and this is my son Thor.”

“My name is Angel.” She said. “I recognized your son from recent events on Earth, but he is much more imposing in person.” She blushed then, but they both laughed.

“Please sit my dear. It is very rare for one of your kind to come her, but do not be afraid.”

“Will I be able to return?” She asked. She knew that she would, but she wanted them to believe her story.

“Yes, when you feel a pull on your spirit let it take you. Do not resist and do not try to wander from that feeling. It will lead you back to your physical self.”

She sighed in relief. At least she knew what to expect and they seemed to believe her.

“Thank you, I feel a little more at ease now.” She once again blushed. “I’m sorry to say that I had unintentionally listened to your conversation. I am very sorry for that, I did not mean to, but I had thought that this was all just a strange dream.”

“Do not let it bother you. It is understandable.” Thor reassured her.

“I’m sorry if this seems out of place, but you were talking about your other son Loki. I have seen what our people say of him and find that what you speak of him and what I have heard does not match up.”

The Queen nodded sadly.

“You must not judge my son too harshly. He has not always been so. He was a loving and gentle soul. He had a tendency for mischief, but never was he malicious, that only started recently.”

Thor was nodding at his mothers words.

“My mother is right. Many in your realm loath him, but he has been gripped by some madness and I fear that after his fall from the bifrost he had come under the power of something else that influenced his behaviour. He did not seem himself when I first fought him. My brother is a master strategist and the attack on your realm was crude and not at all done to his normally exacting standards. He prefers to work in stealth and would never have taken such direct and rash action.”

“I hold no judgement Thor. I can see that you care for him very much. He would not be the first person to be led astray by feelings of rejection and rebellion.” She knew that from firsthand experience.

The Queen looked at her with a knowing look.

“It seems that you speak as one who has learned this from experience.”

She winched. Loki had most definitely learned his shrewdness from his mother. She could sense that she did not miss much.

“Yes. I once revolted against my circumstances. I had lost my parents and felt cast adrift with no one to guide me. I questioned my existence and even my own identity and purpose. It caused me to do many foolish things.” She winched at the memories of those times. She had been reckless and a brat with a chip on her shoulder.

“I had no siblings or other family members to guide me in that time. It took the help of a friend of the family to help me to see that I was behaving foolishly and that I was only hurting myself.” She laughed.

“This was surprising coming from him as he is not noted for his good behaviour or responsible actions, but he helped me and without him I think I may be dead or in prison for my misbehaviour. Emotional pain can sometimes be even more disabling than any physical wounds. A physical wound will eventually heal, but the scars on ones soul can destroy you.”

“You are wise for your age, my dear. I wish that Loki could meet you. I think that you would have been friends.”

She blushed at the compliment. If only she knew that she did indeed know her son and that not so long ago she had been in a very intimate situation with him.

“Thank you for your kind words.” She felt a strange pull and knew that Loki was returning.

She stood and looked towards the door.

“I’m sorry, but I have to go.” She said. “It was nice to meet you.”

“Wait Lady Angel, please tell me more so that I may look for you when I return to Midgard. I would much like to meet you there.”

She wanted to answer but the pull became so strong that she almost bent over in pain.

“Leave her be Thor, she needs to return. Go my dear and if ever you find yourself here again please seek me out.”

“Thank you your highness I will, I’m sorry I have to leave.” She rushed from the room following that pulling sensation. She didn’t want to loose Loki because she didn’t know if she would be able to return on her own.

Suddenly she was hovering above her bed again. She watched as he stirred and opened his eyes. He was looking down at her as if to make sure that she was still there before he closed his eyes and finally slept.

Once she was sure that he was asleep she let herself fall into her body. She wiggled around and snuggled into him. His arms tightened around her as if to keep her safe.

She smiled. She knew that everyone said you couldn’t change someone, but she had to try. She sometimes caught glimpses of the Loki mentioned by Frigga and Thor and she knew that he was still there. She had to return that man. She knew that the chances that he would stay with her were slim. He was immortal and she wasn’t, but at least his family would have him back and she would be happy to know that he was loved and had a chance at happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking so long, but I hope that this super long update will mke up for that.