Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 21 - Revelations and worried friends

Thor had decided to return to Midgard. His father had agreed that it would be good for the mortals to see that not all Asgardians were evil. He would help in the rebuilding of the city and try and repair some of the damage that his brother had done.

It saddened him that his brother had fallen so low. Usually his brother would be the one who had to do damage control after one of his ill thought out plans. He had always been the voice of reason, the one warning them that what they were doing was only going to end in tragedy.

He had been assisting the Man of Iron in moving some of the heavier debris from the roads so as to assist the machinery of the mortals to traverse to the damaged areas.

“Hey Point Break I think we’ve earned a coffee break. Let’s go get some coffee at my favourite coffee shop.”

“Would it not be easier to get coffee from your tower?” He asked.

“Yes, but the shop makes the best coffee and I want to make sure that all the necessary repairs have been done.”

Thor smiled. “It had been most kind of you to pay for the repairs.”

“Hey what can I say I like their coffee.” Stark replied.

Thor just shook his head and followed him as he made his way to the shop. People stopped and pointed as they walked. They were even stopped and thanked by some. It felt good to see the appreciation of the people, but he was saddened by the need for their recent heroics. It was not the same when the one causing the damage was one you loved.

They were finally able to get to the shop. Stark marched towards the door, catching one of the serving ladies around the waist and swinging her around in a circle.

“Well hello there my lovely, aren’t you happy to see your favourite Avenger?”

Stark was very forward but he knew that he meant nothing by it. He was very much enamoured by his Lady Pepper. He recognised the woman as one named Monica. She was a sweet young woman.

“Good morrow Lady Monica, it is good to see you again. We have come to sample some of your excellent fare.” He greeted her cheerfully.

She was a little flustered at their attention, but still smiled up at them.

His attention was drawn by a sudden movement that was caught from the corned of his eye. He turned his head to look and saw a young woman walking away from the shop towards the street. A young man was following her, his hand held in hers.

He frowned. The young woman looked familiar. It took him a moment to realize where he had seen her before. He smiled, he had not thought that he would find her here.

“My Lady Angel.” He called out.

The young man with her froze for a moment and she turned back to look at him. It was definitely the young woman who had shown up so unexpectedly in his home.

She did not react to his greeting though but the young man led her from the shop and down the street. He started to follow them and saw them turn into an alley, but when he got there was no sign of her.

He had been sure that she had heard him. He returned to where stark was standing with the girl.

“You all right there Point Break?”

“I do not no friend Stark. I had seen a young mortal who I thought I knew. She is named Angel, but when I called to her she did not respond.”

“Oh, Angel? She comes here often. She was here just now with a friend. They are sitting ... oh, they must have left. That’s strange, she normally doesn’t leave without greeting.”

Stark was frowning. “Why don’t you tell me more, while Monica here brings us some coffee and something to eat.”

They took a seat and Thor looked at Stark.

“I do not know why you show such an interest in this.”

“I happen to know a young lady called Angel. The name is not that common so I’m interested. Please start with what this young lady looks like.”

“She is quite young. I think she would be about 23 of your human years. She has long platinum blond hair and amber eyes.”

“Yes, that would be her. How do you know her?”

Monica returned with their coffee and a breakfast plate for each of them.

“It was most strange. She was somehow found her way to my home.”

“What! How is that even possible?”

“It is not unheard of. We call it dream walking. She was only there in spirit. Somehow she had made the journey which is quite hazardous. She must be an extraordinary person to have done so.”

“What was she even doing there?”

“I do not think she planned to be there. She was confused and told me and my mother that she had gone to sleep and up to encountering us it had seemed to be a dream. She was not long there before feeling the need to return. It is never wise to keep a dream walker from returning to his body when the call to do so is upon them. It could cause them to be lost forever in a dream state until the body withers and dies.”

Stark looked disturbed by his words and that made him wonder how he came to know her.

“How is it that you know of her my friend?”

“She was the daughter of one of the few people that I could consider a friend. He was a business man like me, but unlike me he specialised more in technology to help the earth. He actually helped me in creating the arc reactor. He was a good man.”

Thor sensed sadness behind his words.

“You say was, he is no longer a friend?”

“No, he and his wife were killed in a car wreck when Angel was 16. She was fine for a while, I made sure to check in from time to time, but I failed to do so often enough. There was some trouble with her then guardian, but I was able to take care of that for her. She hit a rough patch for a while, but I was able to put her on the straight and narrow. Why had she not come to me with this?”

He sensed that there was more to this story, but he respected his friends need for privacy. Stark must be the family friend she was talking about in their conversation

“We had explained to her what was happening and it seemed to calm her. Perhaps she thought that it was just a one time occurrence. I’m sure that she would have come to you if she thought it was needed. I think she mentioned you in our conversation. She spoke of a time of rebellion and having lost her way. She referred to a family friend who helped her.”

“Yes I suppose I was. She’s a bright girl and could do so much more that what she’s currently doing. After everything that happened she refuses to take part in the running of her fathers company although she is the owner now. I can’t say that I blame her.”

“She mentioned that you were not known for your responsible actions.” Thor mentioned with a smile.

Stark laughed. “That was the first thing she yelled at me when I tried helping her. She can be quite a little fire brand when she wants to be, but mostly you won’t find a more gentle soul in the world.”

You are worried for her. Why do we not contact her? That way you can see for yourself that she is fine and I would be happy to see her again.”

“That isn’t a bad idea at all.” Tony replied as he pulled out his phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise - this didn't take long at all. Bet you thought you were going to find out what happened to Angel, but I'm feeling mischievous and decided to keep you waiting. I think I've got about 2 chapters to follow this and will try and write some more this weekend. I'll post another update on Monday or Tuesday maybe you'll find out what happened to her, but then again maybe not! Enjoy