Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 3

Angel drifted into consciousness slowly. Her mind felt sluggish and she had trouble focusing. She kept thinking that there was something important she was forgetting. Something that was missing and she had to remember what it was, but her mind refused to focus.

Suddenly her memories flooded back into her mind and she bolted upright in her bed.

Loki, that was what she had to remember!

Her eyes darted around the room, but there was no sign of him.
She sat there listening; staining her ears to hear any sound that would tell her that he was still there.

After a minute of sitting on her bed she quietly got up and moved to her bedroom door, she slowly made her way to the room where she had first seen him. Nothing, there was no sign of him.

Then her eyes fell on the statuette that she had thrown at Loki, she remembered clearly that it was broken, and yet there it stood just like always with no sign of any damage.

A dream, could this all have been some dark nightmare conjured up by her mind? She slowly moved from room to room and finally had to come to the conclusion that she had been dreaming.

She shook her head in disgust."You need to get out of this house or else you'll go crazy"

There and then she decided that a shower was called for and a nice strong cup of coffee to wake her up.

As she was getting ready to shower she thought she heard something behind her, like a gasp; but just shook her head and chose to ignore it as another trick of her mind.

She dressed quickly and started towards the door having decided that she would have her coffee at an nearby cafe along with her breakfast.

Her hand had barely touched the doorknob when she felt long smooth and cold fingers encircling her wrist.

"Going somewhere are we?" A smooth voice whispered right in her ear.

If her heart had not been confined to her chest she was sure that it would be 100 kilometers away the way it started racing.

" This is just a dream, it's all in my head!" She told herself desperately.

She heard a highly amused laugh behind her.

"I might be in your head my dear, but I can assure you that this is far from being a dream."

She shut her eyes; unwilling to acknowledge the fact that this was all real, hoping against hope that when she opened them he would be gone.

She felt herself being roughly swung around.

"Open your eyes Angel!" The voice commanded. She didn't want to but the voice compelled her.

She opened her eyes and looked straight at the chest of Loki, seeing that he was so much taller than her.

"I'm still here, you cannot simply wish me away silly mortal.". He said.

She didn't have to look in his eyes to know that they would be full of mirth. Why was this happening to her? What had she done? She had only ever caught that one momentary glimpse of him in the park.

"Sometimes a moment is all that is needed mortal." He replied answering the questions that had only been asked in her thoughts.

"Get out of my head!' She said through gritted teeth.

He laughed at her outburst. " Ah the return of the feisty one, I almost thought that she was gone."

Angel did not reply to that. She was mostly a practical person and she realized that there was no way that she could run from him. He obviously could come and go as he pleases and seemed to be able to hide himself from sight. With that though a very disconcerting thought entered her mind.

" How long have you been back" She asked, hoping against hope that what she thought could not be.

He smirked down at her. " Who said I ever left."

Her heart sank, the sound she had heard earlier in the shower now made perfect sense. The knowing look in his eyes only confirmed her worst fears.

She just closed her eyes and sighed. She knew that she had no way out. He seemed to be here to stay And there was nothing she could do about it.

She drew in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, opening her eyes as she did so.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asked him taking the risk of looking him in the eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
So did you expect that? I hope you enjoyed the update. I'll try to do another one tomorrow. I'm having fun writing this story and I hope you are having fun reading it.