Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 4

"Eat?" He asked her.

She looked at him a little unsure. "Yes, food. Do Asgardians need to eat or do you sustain your lives in some other way?"

She was really curious as she didn't really know that much about him other than that he has some special abilities.

The look he gave her was unreadable so she continued. "I was on my way out to get something to eat." She answered his previous question. "Do you want to join me."

"If this is an attempt at escape I warn you it will not succeed. There is no escaping me."

Angel sighed. "Well that was obvious.". Her stomach took this opportunity to make itself heard. Something almost like a normal smile appeared on his lips.

"Let us appease the hungry beast inside you, we would not want it to devour you."

Did he just make a joke, this man had more mood swings than a hormonal teenager. She idly wondered if he was bipolar. She just shook her head and turned towards the door, suddenly he grabbed her hand again, squeezing it just enough for her to feel a little pain.

"I warn you Angelique Baulaine, do not attempt escape. You will not care for the consequences if you do.". His voice was as deadly as a tigers growl and sent a chill of fear down her spine, yet she still found herself thinking:'Yes definitely bipolar, better humor the crazy person.' She could tell by the narrowing of his eyes that he had picked up on that thought.

"Don't think, don't' think." She thought to herself. But the problem was that the more she tried not to think the more her brain tried to make sense of everything. The next thought that popped into her mind was that his clothes were going to look really silly out on the street.

The thought had barely popped into her head when the air around Loki started to shimmer and when it settled he was no longer dressed in his outlandish clothes, but in jeans and a white shirt with a black leather jacket.

"Let us be off." He said and led her outside. He had taken hold of her hand, and to all the world they probably looked like a couple. She tried to let go, but he just held on tighter so she gave up. Her neighbor Mrs Harris saw them and waved. Angel just gave her a smile.

'Angel, how are you my dear. Who is this gentleman at your side?" Mrs Harris was ever the nosy type.

Before she could answer Loki gave her a breathtakingly beautiful smile. "Good day Mrs Harris, my name is Rafe Asgardson. Angel has told me much about you.".

Mrs Harris looked like she was in a daze, she probably was after that million dollar smile.

"I hope you will forgive us, but we are on our way to breakfast." He continued. Mrs Harris just nodded her head and he pulled her along the path.

Angel just shook her head. She was doomed, his charm would overcome everyone. Who would believe her if she told them that he was a psychopathic murderer. They would probably lock her up. Why was no one recognizing him. Although he looked different he was still recognizable.

They had reached the cafe by now and had already placed an order for coffee with some pancakes.

"They do not see me as you do, to them I look quite different. Human minds are so easy to manipulate."

She looked up at Loki with irritation. " Get out of my mind." She gritted out. "You have no right to be in there so stop it. For that matter why don't you just go and mess with someone else. You disgust me."

His eyes turned a frosty green and narrowed. He had taken her hand into his and she could feel his rage, then all of a sudden her hand became cold, not just cold but freezing. Needles of pain shot through her fingers. She tried pulling away but she was unable to do so and the coldness increased.

"Remember your place mortal, never forget that I hold your life in my hands. Do not ever forget that".

Angel just nodded and made a small whimper as the pain in her hand started to creep up into her wrist.

He let go of her hand and she immediately placed it in her other hand to heat it up. She had her breakfast although everything tasted like ash, but she was afraid to provoke him again. All to soon they were finished and on their way to her home again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Be patient with me. I know that this is starting slow, but this is building and Angel will not always be so meek. On a side note as I was typing this up my music was on shuffle and Daddy cool (the Placebo version) came on, immediately an image of Loki in a pimp outfit sprang up in my mind. Yes my mind is a very disturbing place. Somehow I don't think Loki would amused or impressed. I had a nice laugh though.
Hopefully you enjoyed the update. Planning in updating again tomorrow if everything goes to plan.