Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 5

The walk home was filled with silence. Angel tried to think things trough. Logic had always served her well, but so far her mind was stuck. She idly thought what would happen if she started screaming. There were lots of people around them. Maybe ...

"Please do try." Loki said with that silken voice filled with malice.

She opened her mouth to ask him what he meant, but no sound came out. Her voice was gone. Her eyes went wide. How had he managed that?

"You have no notion of my capabilities." He said. "There is almost none as skilled as I in the mysteries of magic."

She looked up at him. There was no boastfulness in his face. He was simply stating a fact nothing more. As she couldn't answer she only nodded and looked in front of her as the continued to walk.

She was highly frustrated. How was she going to get through this? he was always one step ahead of her. Damn him and his mind reading abilities. How was she to plan her escape if he was reading her like a book. She grimaced. The situation was impossible.

They entered her home and she made her way directly to her favorite armchair, curling her legs under her and holding a scatter cushion to her body. She watched as Loki made himself comfortable opposite her.

He looked up at her and she could see that he was enjoying himself as he had a little smirk on his lips.

"You may speak." He told her.

"O thank you so very much. " She said sarcastically. Her frustration making her waspish.

He raised his eyebrow but did not say anything. His eyes did hold a hint of mirth though. She considered that for a while. How was it possible that such a horrible person could have such beautiful sparkling eyes. She had always believed that the eyes were the windows of the soul, but with Loki she wasn't so sure. He had to have a dark soul to be able to do the things that he has done, yet his eyes sparkled.

"Are you going to tell me what you're doing here and what you want with me, or are you going to stare me to death." She finally asked.

"My little fiery girl, you should ask yourself whether you really want to know what my plans are for you." He smiled, but not a nice smile. "You should never ask a question if you are not prepared for the answer."

Angel's heart jumped in her chest. The smile he had was not nice at all and suddenly she felt very afraid. The smile told her that she was not going to enjoy his plans.

Loki laughed. "You mortals are so easily controlled. You are so fragile, but that is what makes controlling you so much fun."

She realized that he was toying with her, but she did not know what to believe. Taking a deep breath to steady herself she decided to be bold. The worst that could happen was that he would kill her, wasn't it?

"How did you escape?" She asked. " I saw you disappear in the park. The news said that you were being taken to Asgard to face Odin's justice."

He smiled at her and she could almost believe that he was innocent. Almost, but not quite.

"Ah my dear, but you made it possible for me to escape them."

She looked bewildered. "How, I didn't do anything."

"My dear brother and father have always underestimated my abilities. They have no clear idea of how powerful I really am." He seemed amused at this.

"Although bound my magic was not fully contained. Your misplaced feelings and eye contact was all I needed to create a connection with you that would allow me to escape. I should probably thank you, for by looking at me so you allowed me to forge a link in which I could store my powers away from my body. Once they had me locked in my cell I was then able to access it through you."

Angel could not believe what she heard. The eye contact had only lasted seconds!

"They'll know you're gone and they will look for you." She said.

He laughed outright then. " That is the beauty of it little Angel, because I'm using you they cannot feel or see me using my abilities. In my cell sits a doppelganger of myself, so real that none can tell the difference."

Her heart sank, that could not be true. She felt panic taking hold of her. If no one knew that he was gone then there would be no help for her. Her heart beat painfully inside her and her breathing sped up.

Loki just smirked at her. "Now you know little one, there is no escape from me. No one will be coming to your aid. You are fully at my mercy. You are all alone, and I plan to enjoy every moment of my freedom."

Angel felt the panic taking over, this was all just too much for her overworked brain to process. Slowly the edges of her vision started to go dark as her brain shut down and she slipped into unconsciousness. Finding an escape from her reality, even if just for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking so long with this. Work, family and bad moods having interrupted the flow of creativity. I would really like to hear from you all. Please tell me what you think. Hope you enjoy this. Normally I update this via phone, so if there are spelling mistakes please be patient with me, I will go back and fix them. (You have Loki's permission to point out the mere mortal's mistakes as it amuses him greatly.)