Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 9

He held out his hand to her and she walked to him taking it. He smiled down at her.

“I was right about my colors suiting you.” He said; she could hear that he was pleased with how she looked.

She was glad that she could make him happy, and blushed at his compliment.

“Thank you for the clothes, they do make me feel beautiful.” She replied.

There was a flicker of some emotion that she could not place in his eyes. It was gone too quickly for her to identify it, so she thought it must be her imagination

He smiled down at her, but there had been a. Once again it was one of his genuine smiles. She felt her stomach tighten; he looked so different when he smiled like that. He looked young, with just a hint of mischief, yet there was still the aura of power that surrounded him.

“What would you like to do now?” She asked.

“It is almost noon; let us partake of some lunch.” He said.
She nodded and tried to think of a nice restaurant for them to go to. They were both dressed a little to fancy to go to a take out, not that she could see Loki in a fast food chain. The image did not suite him. He would like something a little more sophisticated than that. She realized that she did not know what types of food he liked.

“Loki, what kind of foods do you enjoy?” She asked.

“Why do you ask?”

“I want to make sure that you enjoy your meal and I don’t know your preferences. Are there any foods you dislike? What if I took you somewhere and the food did not agree with you or it was poison to you. Can you even die of poison? Do gods have food allergies?”

She was starting to over think things and was getting flustered and just a little nervous, she intended to keep her part of the deal and didn't want something to go wrong accidentally only for him to think that it was on purpose. He had some serious trust issues and she could tell that it wouldn't take much for him to over react and jump to the wrong conclusions.

He laughed at that and the sound of his genuine mirth caught her by surprise. This was the first time that she had heard him laugh without a sinister edge to it. His laughter was free and made her heart beat just a little faster.

He finally stopped and looked at her.

“I would not have thought that the mortal who was spitting fire at me this morning would be so worried about my well-being. “ He replied, his eyes sparkling with laughter.

Angel blushed scarlet and looked down in embarrassment, but Loki once again lifted her chin with his finger and looked at her.

“Do not be ashamed little one. It warms my heart that you wish to please me so.” He replied gently. “As for your questions; we can eat any and all of your foods, I have no favorite mortal food as I have not had the opportunity to sample much of it. I do not like what you call burgers as I have tasted that before and did not find it very pleasing to the palate. We do not suffer the ailments that mortals do so no food allergies and as for the poison, our system deal with them differently than mortals so there is no poison in this realm which would be more than a minor inconvenience to me.”
She nodded. “That helps. I know just the place. There is a little family owned Italian place not far from here. They make the most wonder full pastas and the deserts are to die for. I think you would enjoy that, they also have a very nice selection of wines to go with the food.”

He nodded his acceptance and she once again got them a taxi.
“Please take us to Casa di Cibo Celeste111 West 47th Street.”

They were soon on their way. She was excited to have him experience the restaurant. She had come on it by accident and had loved the place ever since. She was a regular and knew the owners quite well.

“You seem excited, tell me of this place.” He said.

“It is a very nice restaurant. It’s completely family owned; currently it’s run by Paulo and Marco Mastrogiacomo and their wives. The business was started by their grandfather and it has always been run by one of the family. The food is made just like it was by their predecessors. The name is Italian for home of divine food and the food is just that. Everything is made like it was in Italy with the freshest ingredients.”

“I look forward to sampling the food then. “

She smiled at that. It took them about 20 minutes to get there. She led him into the restaurant and saw Paulo he eldest of the brothers as she entered. He looked up and she saw surprise on his face. He was looking at her as if he had never seen her before. He walked to her and they embraced.

He let of her and looked her up and down with an appreciative gleam in his eyes

“Mia Piccolo you look absolutely ravishing!” He said. He looked behind her and a knowing gleam entered his eyes.

She felt Loki beside her. He had placed his arm around her and she could feel the tension in his body. For a moment she wondered what was wrong.

““Ah, I now see why you are looking so beautiful. I am glad that there is finally a man who can tame you and transform you to the beautiful woman that you should be.” His eyes were twinkling.
Angel turned red in embarrassment. It was no secret that they wanted her to find a man and settle down. They teased her about it constantly.

“Good day sir, my name is Paulo and this is my restaurant. I am glad to meet the man who has transformed our little caterpillar into this beautiful butterfly!”

Loki smiled at Paulo. “Good day sir, my name is Rafe Asgardson. Angel has told me much about your lovely food. I look forward to sampling it”

Paulo beamed. “Come, come I will give you one of our private booths and do not worry about paying. Today is on me.”

Paulo showed them to one of the private booths and left them. Angel was smiling until she looked up at Loki and saw the anger glowing in his eyes. Her heart sank, what had she done wrong?

“Loki, what’s the matter?”

“The unseemly display of affection when we entered does not please me. You are mine and no other shall touch you. I should kill him for that.” His voice was cold.

Angels eyes went wide in shock. She sensed his intent and knew that he would kill Paulo.

“Loki no, it isn't like that! He is like an older brother to me. “She replied earnestly. “There is and never has been anything else between us.”

He frowned at her and she knew that he didn't believe her.

“Loki, please he meant nothing by it. He is Italian and for Italians it is normal to hug close friends and family. I come here a lot and we have become friends. I have visited with him and his wife and even looked after their children when they needed a babysitter. I am sort of like a honorary family member and I am treated like they would treat any other family member.”

“He called you ‘ piccolo’ that is a pet name.” He said, ice still dripping from his words.

“It only means little one. It was a name that all of them call me because i am so small.” She was trying to convince him.

“Loki, you know I cannot lie to you, please believe me. Look into my thoughts, please I promise you I am telling the truth. I will not break our pact.”

Before he could answer a little boy came running to their table.

“Angelique! I have missed you so!” It was little Anthony, he was just 4 years old. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked at Loki with big eyes.

“Angel, who is this?” he asked shyly as he climbed onto her lap.
She tried to stay calm. Not that it was difficult. The little boy in her arms had midnight black hair and the biggest hazel eyes. They shone with innocence and it was impossible to not love him. He immediately calmed her.

She smiled at him. “Toni, this is Rafe, he is my boyfriend.”
She saw that Loki was surprised at her mention of him as her boyfriend and could only hope that he didn't take offense at that.
“Hello.” Toni said looking at Loki.

“Good day.” Loki said grudgingly.

“Are you going to marry Angel?” he asked innocently.

“Perhaps, why do you want to know?

Toni smiled. “Papa says it is time for her to marry and have little bambinos. He was in the kitchen telling momma. He says he will give her a big wedding and some of the special cake that will make sure that she is blessed with many children.”

Angel blushed red. He was too young to understand what he was talking about, but he really seemed curious.

Loki laughed at the little boy. “I think that is a very good idea.”
“Anthony Marco Mastrogiacomo where are you!” They heard a female voice calling.

“Oops I have to go. Goodbye, please get some babies soon, I would like to play with them.” And with that he was gone.

She didn't know where to look. She heard Loki chuckle and looked up at his anger had abated some, but she knew that it had not completely dissipated.

“I’m sorry Loki. It really didn't mean anything.”

He was quite for a while and then the tension in his body seemed to dissipate.

“I still do not like that he touches you, I know that you tell the truth.”

She nodded. She didn't know how to respond.

“Relax my little mortal.”

They enjoyed their lunch. Loki especially enjoyed the tiramisu. Angel relaxed and put the little incident of earlier in the back of her mind.

They had taken their time over lunch and she was quite tired when they finished. She was happy when Loki decided to go home.
She stepped into the house and started walking to her room when she suddenly felt Loki take hold of her and push her against the wall.

“I think that if strangers are allowed to hug you then it is only right that your boyfriend be allowed a little more affection from you."
Her heart raced in fright.

“What do you mean?” She stuttered out.

He didn't answer her but only moved his mouth to hers. He stopped inches away from her lips.

“Kiss me little one, is that not what you do with your boyfriend? That is what you told them I was. We would not want to make a liar out of you.” His icy breath ghosted over her lips.

She shuddered but knew that she would have to do this. She had promised to behave and he was waiting for her, making this her decision and not forcing her. She also didn't want to take a chance at making him mad at her.

She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. She only wanted to kiss him lightly, but his hand moved to the back of her head holding her in place as he deepened the kiss.

She wanted to hate it, but if she was honest with herself she couldn't deny that his kiss excited her in ways that she had not thought possible. He finally let her go and she felt dazed by the overwhelming feelings that she was having.

Loki’s eyes just laughed down at her and that smirk that drove her crazy was on his lips. She knew that without a doubt she was in over her head. She just didn't know whether to be happy and excited or terrified about it.

She knew one thing though... she was in deep trouble with no clear way to avoid it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this has taken so long. As a gift to you all I have made this super long.

Forgot to place this earlier. I don't own any of the marvel characters mentioned and used. (Would be so much nicer if I did though). Angel is my creation and the plot is mine or my evil twins. The restaurant mentioned does not exist to my knowledge as it was something I sucked out of my thumb.

Please read and enjoy until next time.