Secret Identity

Arrival

It's August already. After these three days fly by, I will be departing for sweet California. Summer for me has all been a haze, but I don't care. Knowing i'll be away from my parents aches my soul, but I need a break too. The sweet scent of summer air seems to be dissolving away into thin air. Soon fall will begin and that's where I start my first year in college. Iv'e never been really smart in school, nevertheless thought it was essential in any way. I was clueless to where my life would take me and BOOM! I got a scholar ship from California St Pierre College. I may not know a thing about that place in particular but I do know that I'm going to have a good time. I want to feel free and independent, and that feeling is just days away.
*****

Saturday is here. Packing my underwear and new collection of Victoria Secret bras I purchased this summer, I notice a frame on my desk of my family and I. I can't help it, but I'm taking it with me. Jumping on my old weary purple suit case, I finally manage to get it closed. I run downstairs to where my family is having breakfast.

"Whats up squirt?" I say to my younger brother Daron.

"Shut up chicken legs!" he replies furrowing his eyebrows.

"Guys it's morning, just stop arguing and eat your pancakes!" Mom said from the sink.

Even though I called my brother all sorts and kinds of things, I loved him and leaving him behind meant no more teasing him. My dad as the usual was getting up already heading towards the door to start the car. Mom is finishing up the last dishes, and Daron is grabbing his new iPod touch 5. I don't even understand why he needs one, but he begged for it since I got a new HP laptop as a going-away gift.

"Hun c'mon finish your pancakes, and get your suit case. If you don't hurry up you'll miss your flight" Mom said walking up to me.

"Okay Mother" I replied to her, rolling my eyes.

I left my plate in the sink and let some water fall on the plate so later the syrup wouldn't stick so roughly to it. Heading towards the door, I grab my suit case and man it was heavy. Did I really pack so many things?

*****

I arrived at the airport and my flight was scheduled for 3:00pm on the dot. It was 2:45 already?! As I rummage through my small messenger bag, I grab my passport and ID. My parents both look at me with such puppy eyes as they knew their little girl was going away.

"Don't worry pops i'll be back for the holidays" I said in a comforting way.

"Please be safe, don't drink, don't try anything sneaky, keep it clean, no boys, always have your phone..." Mom kept rambling.

"Alright, Alright Mom!" I said, already half annoyed.

I was 18, not 5. I knew what I had to do, and not do. As I say my goodbyes and hug them dearly, I walk off to the line where everyone is presenting they're plane ticket to the guards. I take out my plane ticket and impatiently wait along the yellow line till the guards tell each person to proceed.

"Damn this is taking longer than I expected and it's 2:52." I whispered to myself.

I finally gave in the plane ticket and scurried off to the hallway that leads to what's going to be taking me to California. I search my seat "E2".

"E2, E2, Where is E2?" I mumble.

"Ah! Here it is!" I said excitedly.

Luckily I got the seat next to the window. I was so ecstatic, this was my first time on my own. No parents, no nagging, nothing. It was all too perfect.

*****

After 4 and a half hours of sitting on that plane, I had finally reached my destination. Getting up, my butt was numb, my ears were still popping like popcorn, and I was just desperate to get to my location. As I'm walking out of the plane, I walk into possibly the biggest airport I've ever witnessed. Wow, it was beautiful. I couldn't believe my eyes. After walking around for probably half an hour looking at everything, I decided to give in my papers and information at the table. I headed off to the exit doors.

"Crap! I forgot to let my mom know I arrived" I said.

The worst thing that could possibly happen to me, happened. I can't believe I lost my cellphone. How could this have happened? I went sprinting around the airport to all the places Iv'e walked to and out of.

"Hello mam, have you seen a black iPhone with a pink cover?" I asked anxiously.

"I'm afraid not young lady, I'm sorry" the employee at Starbucks said.

Damn it! On a day like this, I couldn't believe I was stupid enough to lose a phone. I went to the office at the airport and asked if they could please ask over the speaker if anyone had seen my cellphone. Just three minutes after the announcement, a tall guy, dark hair, broad, muscular shoulders appeared with my phone. Man was he one fine man. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Suddenly he clears his throat and says:

"Um..is this your cellphone?" he asks quietly interrupting my gaze at him.

"Y-yeah! It is! Thanks so -"

I just got cut off. As he handed me the phone, he just walked away. Didn't even bother to hear my thank you. I ignored what just happened after a few minutes and just grabbed my suit case and left.

"Couldn't this day be any worse?" I said through gritted teeth.

And just as I was walking out, lightning strikes and it starts pouring.

"Oh great! this is what I just needed!" I yelled, gaining the attention of surprised people around me.