Secret Identity

Unbelievable

After for what could have been an hour of raining, I finally got to the college building where I sign up. My v-neck long sleeve tee was see through thanks to the "lovely" weather we were having outside. Soaked hair, squeaky sneakers, I ring the little bell at the front desk.

"Hello may I help you?" said a lady pushing 40's maybe.

"Hi, I'm Elouis Marriot and Iv'e come to register" I said politely.

"Oh I'm sorry young lady but, this is an all boy college" the lady said in a matter-of-fact way.

Are. You. Serious?! This was an all boy school? On second thought my life COULD get worse at the moment.

"I'm sorry but I received a scholar ship to attend to this school" I said.

"Can't be, there was a mistake" said the lady turning away.

"But..." I said hopelessly.

She didn't even as to blink or say another word she just left me with my words in my mouth. Why was everyone so rude? My expectations of being on my own weren't exactly what I thought they'd be. It just didn't get through my head that THIS was an all boy college.

*****

As I walked through the door that had an "EXIT" sign on it, I sat on the bench in front of the double doors to the college.

"What the hell am I supposed to do now?" I said frustrated.

I couldn't let my parents know I got rejected, and that only males attend this school. I thought of anything to do but didn't come up with anything. After just sitting there waiting for the rain drops to put a halt to themselves, I finally came up with the most craziest and weirdest idea ever. Become a boy.

Yup! that was my plan. I guess if I want to be in this school, I would have to pass myself for a male. Walking out to the street, I stop at a enormous white sign that showed a map of California for tourists.

"Now where can I find the mall?" I whispered.

"Right here" said a young girl pointing at the spot.

I looked at her surprised and wow she was really pretty. She was my height and was most probably my age too. Brown hair, dark brown eyes.

"Thank you" I said with a questioned look.

She giggled and said your'e welcome. I looked at her again and said:

"Hi my name is Elouis. Elouis Marriot." I said attempting to shake hands with her.

She took my hand and said her name was Susan Port. She seemed humble and very kind. She told me she had been looking at me since I was sitting on the bench. I couldn't believe it. How embarrassing could that have been. She laughed and I told her if she wanted to go to the mall with me. She agreed and we walked off.

Wow I made a new friend in just a day! I was starting to see the bright side of today. We talked about everything and I found out we had a lot in common. I decided "this will be my first California friend". We spent practically an hour in the mall when she said she had to leave. I decided I'd stay longer. I finally spotted a department of clothes for men. I purchased some shirts and pants with the credit card my mom gave me for emergencies. In my case, this WAS an emergency. I bought a short wig at this hair product store.

I went to the girls bathroom, and got dressed in the clothes I purchased and went straight to the mirror. My blue eyes shined bright under the light bulb of the mirror. My brown curls were a mess, and my eyeliner was running. Had I really been walking around like this the whole time? Oh Jesus. Checking out myself in the mirror, these clothes were extremely baggy on me. It would have to do for now because I was slim but if my curves were visible in any way, it would be given that I was a girl.

With my wig on, my suit case, and my shopping bags, I walked out of the girls bathroom and was surprised to see nobody. I hurried so no one would get suspicious. Finally I made it outside and told the taxi to take me to the California St Pierre College. Fifteen minutes passed and I finally walked into the double doors from earlier.

I see the same lady from a few hours ago. It was already night time, so I was surprised everything was still open. I look at the lady who's typing away on her desktop computer.

"What model is that? the first one ever invented?" I said in a whisper.

She heard me and I suddenly felt my stomach twist. Oh why did I have to say that so loud? I walked to the counter and told her I was here to register. She asked me my name and the verification paper and so I gave it to her. Luckily it didn't say my name on the paper it only said my social security number. After she typed a few things into her stone age computer, she looked up and said "You see familiar". My stomach started twisting again and I replied "sorry I have never seen you before" in a nervous way. She gave me the key to the room I would be staying at. Turning around to leave, she stopped me and I swear I thought I'd been caught, but instead she said "And it's not the first ever invented, its from 2009". I shut my eyes in a damn-i-forgot-she-heard-me way and just kept walking feeling relieved it wasn't about my identity. I'm surprised she didn't see I was a female on my social security information. Maybe she was too lazy to check into those things.

I reached my room on the 5th floor, room 236. The keys click and as the door opens everything is dark. When I finally manage to find the light switch, when the lights turned on everything was so neat and tidy. I saw two nicely made beds. Very boy-ish too. I was itching to take all these baggy clothes off and this annoying wig too but I was gonna have to deal with it. There seemed to be no sign of anybody so I quickly lifted my wig and scratched in desperation for relief. I cleared my bag which was filled with girly stuff and put it on the drawer next to my bed. Since my supposed roommate was still not here, I took the chance to wash up in the bathroom.

I came out of the bathroom to find one hot guy, taking his black t-shirt off. I was so shocked I just stood there so dumbfounded when he looks at me and puts his shirt back on faster than a blink of an eye. He stood there surprised and the anger in his eyes started kicking in. It was the guy who found my phone at the airport.