Secret Identity

This Night

The night is chilly and his window is open but I don't care. I rather have the window down to relieve the tension in this room. He's so smart mouthed. It bothers me, but I can't seem to take my eyes off of his attractiveness.

I look around the room and it's still not too late yet. I was kind of bored actually. I decided maybe I would start a conversation. I went to speak but again he cuts me off and speaks first.

"Whats wrong princess? Can't sleep?" he asked seriously.

"Princess?" I asked not believing him.

"Oh okay. What's wrong chicken legs? can't sleep?" he said with a smirk.

"Only my brother calls me that you stupid ass." I said.

Throwing a pillow at him wasn't a good idea. It hit the lamp which made it fall. Great, no light.

"You see what you do? can't take a joke?" he said loudly.

"No! I can't! Your'e always being such a jerk to me. What did I ever do to you?" I yelled.

In just seconds he was over where I was. So close to me I could feel his heartbeat. Okay no I think it was MY heartbeat. It was going a thousand beats a second. He leaned forward and then whispered into my ear:

"This is the last time I'm going to tell you to not yell, now clean up the mess you made" he pulled away.

Why was he being this way? It bothered me so much! After I cleaned the broken lamp pieces and threw them away, I decided I would have to ask him why he was the way he was with me.

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"What?" he replied.

"Why is it that whatever I do bothers you?" I asked quietly.

He stared at me for a long time and when he went to speak, I just said "forget it". After that it was really awkward. I was just on my phone while he was on his laptop.

*****

Another exhausting day of classes, though there was a long weekend ahead so I was to my hearts content. I had seen Isaac in the lunch room but I ignored him. I went up to my room to get some of my normal clothes to change in the mall before meeting with Susan. As I grab my bag with my girl clothes in them, I hear a knock on the door. I went to open it when I saw right in front of me, the lady from the front desk.

She eyed me up and down and finally said:

"I've been eyeing you, you look familiar and I will find out who you are" she said.

In that same moment Isaac came in.

"Mrs. Cambell if I were you I'd leave this instant or i'll tell the manager you were snooping around the boys' 5th floor."

"How absurd!!" she gasped.

He pointed her to the door, and with that she left the room. Holy crap! What was that? Did that lady just threaten me? I was in deep stuff now. What will happen if she researches me and finds out I'm actually a girl?

"You better watch out next time" he said interrupting my thoughts.

"Thought you said you weren't going to help me" I said a little too harshly.

He just stared at me as if he wanted to say something but instead he didn't. He walked away into the bathroom and I just grabbed my stuff and left.

*****

I met up with Susan at the food court. We hugged, said hi and walked off together. After talking with Susan for a while I decided I needed someone to talk to about Isaac.

"So I know this guy..." I started.

"O-m-g. A guy? who? who?" she said dying to know.

"His name is Isaac, and he's so cute and attractive but he's such a jerk, I don't know how to get through him" I said.

"Well let time go by, maybe he likes you and just acts like he doesn't" she said.

Yeah! Like Isaac would like me. I mean he already treats me like crap all the time. He hates me. I spent a little while talking to Susan when I decided it was getting late and I had to go. We said our goodbyes and I headed to my dorm.

*****

When I opened the door, Isaac was coming out. He pushes the door open and I'm surprised so I just look at him. He grabbed my hand and said "lets go". I was wondering what he was trying to do. We got in his red mustang and drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere, anywhere." he said not taking his eyes of the road.

For some reason I liked that he was demanding but I wanted to know why he decided to all of a sudden take me out somewhere. When we finally reached his desired destination, I looked out the window and asked:

"Where the heck are we?" I said with questioned look.

"I used to come here a lot when I was a kid." he said smiling.

We stepped out of the car and he signaled me to follow him. We walked a few steps into a field. I saw a big tree which looks like its 100 years old.

"Wow, it's so beautiful over here." I said in amazement.

He smiled. A real smile. I looked at him and saw those amazing eyes looking out into the horizon. I wondered why I was so attracted to him even though he talked to me the way he did.

"Stop staring at me it's weird." he said laughing.

I had never seen such a beautiful smile. I felt like I would melt. Everything about him seemed perfect. This moment, the scenery, and him were making me want to tackle him and kiss his perfect lips. Wait, whoa...am I thinking what I'm thinking? No, no, no! This can't be, I mean I hate him. I despise him. He's a jerk. I started slowly flicking my head as he looked at me in a confused way as to what I was doing.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Uh..yeah? why wouldn't I be" I said suddenly noticing he saw me.

I don't know if it was an hour or two but we were just there, sitting on the grass looking out to the fields. He lay down on his back and looked at the sky. I lay down next to him and asked him:

"Thank you for bringing me here but why?" I asked, confused about his actions.

"Elouis.." he began.

I couldn't believe it. He called me by name for the first time. It made me blush so hard he noticed and started laughing.

"Its not funny!" I yelled.

"It kind of is, are you that attracted to me?" he said smiling his shiny white teeth.

I couldn't believe it. How did he know?

"Uh...?" I was wordless.

"Your eyes say it all" he said.

I covered my face from the embarrassment and he turned on his side to look at me.

"Awe you're blushing" he said laughing.

"Oh my god! No I'm not" I said through my hands.

I felt his hands lift my hands off of my face. He was staring right into my eyes. Those green, blue, grey, hazel eyes. So many colors I could melt into. I wanted him to kiss me. To hold me. He studied my eyes, my nose, my lips...but he pulled away after a second.

"We should go. It's getting dark" he said standing up.

What? That's it? You make a romantic move with me and just leave it there. I just didn't understand him. I wanted to grab him and slap him around or something. How dare he leave a girl wanting something and not getting it.

A few of his friends met up with him as he stopped for gas. They noticed me in the car and automatically wanted to know who I was? As they approach the car, I thought of ducking but why should I? It's not like they were gonna know who I am.

"Sup babe, what's your name?" the first one said.

"Um...Elouis." I said.

"Cool, I'm Alex and this is Mark and Zack." he replied pointing at his other friends.

So Alex, Mark, and Zack were the ones at the lounge that day when they asked me if I wanted a drink. Man they were not good at picking up girls, and why would he call me babe? Whatever. Hopefully they didn't know who I was. As they kept talking to me about god knows what because I was paying attention to what Isaac was doing, I finally see him walking towards the car and I felt relief. Finally we were leaving. Isaac approaches the guys and says:

"Well I gotta go guys, see you later" he said getting in the car.

"Bye man, good luck if you know what I mean" they said laughing and winking.

What was that supposed to mean? Isaac wasn't some kind of player now, was he? Guys and their code talk. We left the gas station and being in the awkward silence really bugged me so I turned on the radio. One of my favorite oldies song came on "My girl" by The Temptations. I started singing and soon he was singing with me. I look at him in disbelief and started laughing.

"What? I don't sing good?" he said looking at me and back at the road.

"What is that? You like this song? You? Isaac?" I said not being able to contain my laugh.

"Hey i'll let you know I won 1st place in elementary when I was the tin man from the wizard of Oz musical" he said in a matter-of-fact way.

That made me laugh even harder. By the time we were at the parking lot from our school it was night time. There was an hour till curfew. I looked at him as he hesitated to get out of the car.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, thank you for giving me a good laugh today." he replied.

"Nah, no problem" I said.

I was getting off, when he held my hand so I wouldn't leave. I looked at him and asked him what he was doing.

"Just stay a little longer" he said quietly as he closed his eyes.

"I was wondering..." I started.

"Yeah" he said, waiting for me to speak again.

"How come you've been so nice today?" I asked confused.

"I wanted to say sorry for treating you the way I did these past days. I feel like you don't deserve it, and I thought wrong of you." he said.

I felt speechless at those words. I wanted to hug him, kiss him, something! He might of been a jerk, but in his eyes I sensed kindness, and warmth. Deep down he wasn't the dark, tough guy he appeared to be. I stared at him for a long time and leaned into him, but before I could get to his lips his eyes were wide open staring into my eyes. He was probably wondering what I was doing. My cheeks turned red. I was just centimeters away from his lips and was interrupted by his devious eyes looking into mine. I went to pull away when he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me deeply. My heart was literally about to burst. His kiss was so tender. It made me hungry for more. With his cupped hands he released his thumb and gently passed it over my cheek bone. Running his hands through my brown curly hair, I gripped his shirt tightly. That night I could say was amazing.