Secret Identity

Susan

Waking up the next day, I had a smile on my face. Was it a dream or was it real? Did I actually kiss Isaac? I turned my face to the side to notice we both fell asleep in the car. I looked around to see our hands holding and his sleepy face getting disturbed by the sun. I giggled and just stared at him. He groaned, annoyed at the light interrupting his sleep. He opened his eyes half way and I waved at him.

"Good morning sleepy head" I said.

"Hey...did we actually fall asleep in the car?" he asked.

"Yes. That's what it looks like." I said with a "duh" expression.

He looked around for a while trying to get memories back of what happened last night. After we had that intense kiss -which if I could I would do all over again- we had talked about our parents and we fell asleep holding each others hands.

"How are gonna sneak you in the dorm?" he asked.

"I have no idea...oh wait I still have the bag of clothes but where do I change"? she said.

He looked at me with the most devilish eyes.

"No way! I am not changing in here!" I exclaimed.

He started laughing like it was the funniest thing to him. I got out of the car and walked further into a parking lot where I found a closed spot where I could change. I quickly got into my boy clothes and put on the wig and walked toward his car.

"Oh no! I kissed a boy..." he said sort of smiling.

"Shut up, you know I'm a girl" I said laughing.

As we went inside the building, Alex, Mark, and Zack were out in the front.

"Yo man where have you been? What happened to that girl that was with you?" asked Alex.

"Oh..uh she went home.." he replied.

"Did you get it on last night?" he asked with a wink.

"What the hell man? No!" replied Isaac pushing him a little.

I was listening to the whole conversation. Why did these guys make it seem like Isaac was such a player? In a matter of seconds Alex was staring at me, interrupting my thoughts. I looked back at him and he eyed me cautiously.

"Your eyes...they seem..familiar. Right guys?" he said.

"I don't know maybe it's your imagination." I said.

"No, no, Iv'e seen those eyes before." he continued.

"We gotta go dude, see ya!" Isaac interrupted.

Isaac grabbed my hand and we headed for the elevator. I couldn't stop thinking that they probably figured it out. They know I'm a girl. This is all getting out of hand. So many people now are suspecting me. Maybe if I just ignore it, it'll all get better. I mean I'm probably just paranoid.

"Hey don't worry, everything will be fine." Isaac reassured me.

I looked at him and grabbed his hand, when suddenly the elevator opens and we see the woman from the counter. I quickly shake my hands from his and the woman begins to say something when Isaac says:

"We gotta go Mrs. Cambell, can't talk right now" he said quickly.

I looked back, and she mouthed her words "I'm watching you". Why was this lady so on to me? Was she that desperate to know who I was?

When we finally got into our dorm, I took off my wig and Isaac headed for the shower. Being alone in that room with him actually became sort of awkward. We kissed and all but now that we were in a room, with a bed...Oh God why was I fantasizing? My cheeks turned redder than an apple. I wanted to hide. He took off his shirt and my heart was racing like crazy.

"What are you doing?" I asked anxiously.

"Taking my shirt off?" he said.

"For what?" I asked.

"To go to the shower? duh." he said, staring at me.

"Oh I see, you're nervous because of me in this room with you and now your'e fantasizing. Oh you dirty minded little girl" he said with a grin.

"No! That's not it at all!" I said a little too loud.

He stepped closer to me. My heart going faster, my cheeks about to explode, and the room suddenly felt with no oxygen.

"Breathe." he whispered into my ear.

That's it! This guy was making me go all nuts inside. What does he think? That I won't get turned on by his daredevil actions and perfect toned body? I mean he's right here, inches away from me. I could just grab him and do all sorts of stuff to him. Oh Jesus, here we go again I'm thinking of things I shouldn't be thinking of. He laughed at me and turned away.

"What the hell?" I said.

"What are you so shy about? I could literally hear your heartbeat!" he said laughing and pointing at me.

I was exploding with embarrassment. I went to punch him when he grabbed my hand and kissed me.

"Stop being nervous about the littlest things. I like you just the way you are." he said staring at my lips and eyes.

"But I thought you hated me because of the way you would treat me.." I replied.

"I was wrong. Totally wrong about you." he said.

He pulled away and went into the bathroom a minute later. I looked around and thought "man so does this mean we're dating now? I wasn't sure but I let that slip off my mind for a while. I was more focused on what was going to happen when everyone found out about my identity. Mrs. Cambell was on to me, and Alex, Mark, and Zack were filled with suspicion as well.

*****

"Hey man get a corona for me! It's in the freezer!" said Mark to Alex.

It was Sunday, but you know how it is in college. Party all the time. Almost the whole entire student committee was at this party today. Alex planned it all. I was impressed by the way he set it up. Alex seemed like a guy with connections too and he wasn't ugly. Blonde hair, blue eyes, nice posture. I bet girls were always all over him. Talking about girls there was one sharing a beer with him.

"Oh my god." I said to Isaac.

"What?" he asked.

Right at the bar sitting with Alex was Susan! I can't believe this! How does she know Alex? Why is she all flirty with him? I try to walk away before she notices me when Alex calls out to us.

"Yo! Daron! Isaac! Come here" he shouted.

As we walked over to him, Susan turns around and automatically can't take her eyes off me. Oh God she knows. She has to, I mean c'mon she knows me. A while after talking to Alex and Isaac drank a beer, I walked off to grab some punch when I notice Susan right behind me.

"Elouis" she said in a serious tone.

God she just reminded me of my mother when she spoke that way. I tried to act like I didn't hear her so she'd think she had the wrong person.

"I know you hear me Elouis, if you don't turn around and explain everything to me in three seconds I will scream your name out" she warned.

Just before she finished counting to three, I cupped her mouth with my hand and pulled her to the side.

"Susan please! I can't speak about this right now. I'm sorry" I said pleading.

"Elouis are you serious with me? Am I a joke? I'm your friend how can you not tell me this?" Susan exclaimed.

"I'm sorry! I'll tell you when the time is right." I said.

With that, Susan shook her head in disbelief at me and just walked away without another word. Great! now the only friend I had is mad at me. I knew this would happen. I should of told her from the beginning.

"What's wrong?" Isaac asked as he walked toward me.

"My friend Susan found out Iv'e been disguised as a guy to enter this school and now she's angry at me" I said.

"It's okay, when the time is right you can tell her everything and she'll understand." he tried to comfort me.

After the party, all I wanted to do was crawl into a little ball in bed and cry to sleep. I lost my friend, many complications are beginning to happen, and I miss my parents. With that my eyes closed till the next day.