Secret Identity

A new foe

I wake up to Isaac's voice talking about God knows what over the phone. He seems to have been awake for hours now. What time was it? Whatever time it was, it seemed pretty late as the sun was already pushing through the blinds pretty roughly.

"Alright see you there" Isaac clicks the end button on his phone.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Oh, the princess is awake. It's 1 in the afternoon." he said smiling.

"What?! 1 in the afternoon? Are you serious?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, you better start getting ready if you want to go out to the mall" he said turning around.

Isaac and I to the mall? We were actually going to go out. It was such a surprise but I agreed to get dressed. Once we were ready, we locked the door and walked down to the lobby.

"Isaac?!" said a pretty red head.

"Beatriz.." Isaac seemed pretty uninterested.

Right there, running towards Isaac was this breathtakingly beautiful red head wearing a mini skirt, with a tube top, and red heels, her hair was fire red though it looked dyed, and her eyes were a pretty shade of clover green. Around her was Alex, Mark, and Zack. They seemed to know each other too.

"Oh my god I haven't seen you in a while!" she jumped on him.

They hugged as I was just standing there awkwardly not trying to look directly at their actions. Next thing I knew she planted one on him. WHOA! what? did she just KISS my Isaac?! He pushed her off and told her to take it easy. Take it easy? More like slap that hoe. I was enraged and I just wanted to take all my pretty compliments I thought about her, back. There she was so excited to see him that she even KISSED him. Alex, Mark and Zack were just laughing in the background as they look back at me.

"Uh..Beatriz were not dating anymore?" Isaac said as a reply to her kiss.

"I didn't want you to forget what I taste like" she said winking.

Oh just look at her. Really? "I didn't want you to forget what I taste like"? Gross! She asked him what he was doing and when she heard we were heading to the mall, she decided to tag along. Oh goody!

*****

We entered the mall and they were walking at the same pace right in front of me. I felt like a lost puppy following behind them. I figured that I shouldn't be getting jealous, after all Isaac and me weren't officially dating, which really bothered me because we shared an intense kiss that night in the car.

"Isaacy-boo, where are we going?" she said puckering her lips.

What in the? This girl was just so..so..I couldn't even find the right words. I wanted to say something so bad but I stayed quiet. We stopped at a pretzel shop to buy some sweets. Isaac went to buy three water bottles at the other stand.

"Sooo..who are you?" she asked sizing me up.

Oh now she notices me?

"Um..I'm Elo- Daron" I said forgetting I was in my boy form, and almost blowing my cover.

"Elodaron?" she asked with disgust.

Wow she was really dumb.

"No, just Daron" I replied.

She just nodded her head as if to say okay, and then looked towards where Isaac was still in the line to buy water bottles.

"So...what's the relationship between you and Isaac?" I asked trying to keep my voice deep.

"We don't have a relationship, but we had sex multiple times" she began.

S-sex? Did she just say they had sex multiple times? Oh my God, I didn't want to know anymore.

"I mean we couldn't be serious, he always had tons of girls in his bed, a different one every weekend. " she said with a-matter-of-fact expression.

Isaac? Had ton of girls on him all the time? My stomach twisted at the thought of Isaac having sex with a different girl every weekend. What if I was his next target and he just kissed me to make me fall in love with him? My throat closed up and my tears were just waiting to come up but I held them back, I couldn't make it obvious. No wonder Alex and his friends always made Isaac seem like a player. Maybe he was and I was just the stupid one falling for the spiders trap.

Isaac was already coming back, stuffing the change in his pocket. He handed me the water bottle and we left walking. Once again I was following behind them like a little dog, while Beatriz held his arm, and kept making smoochy faces and laughing. How disgusting. I wanted to get out of there. I wanted to leave somewhere far where no one would find me. I needed my mom.

"Hey guys, I'm going to run to the bathroom real quick" I said as they kept walking.

Isaac turned around and looked at me for a few seconds and said okay. Maybe he knew something was wrong with me but he discarded his thoughts. I decided to go to the bathroom as I couldn't keep watching this. I decided maybe I would call my mom and see how things were.

The phone rang and rang but nothing. I sighed at the thought that she was probably still angry at me for only calling her once during this whole entire incident. I suddenly felt very alone in that mall. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to be gone.

A moment later I walked out, and saw that they were still there waiting for me on a bench.

"Alright, I think it's time we should go home" Isaac said.

"Has your room changed?" Beatriz asks smiling.

So she's been in his room? Ew. We finally got back to his red mustang and left back to our dorm. In the lobby they said their goodbyes and Isaac and I headed for the elevator. I was quiet the whole way, not even wanting to look at him in the eyes.

"You've been acting weird all day, spill it." he said not even glancing at me.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine." I said.

"Listen about that kiss-"

"It's okay, were not a real couple anyways.." I said interrupting him.

He looked at me in surprise and I was the first one to walk out of the elevator. When we unlocked the door to our room, I changed in the bathroom and went straight to bed.

"Isn't it a little early to go to bed?" he asked.

"Just let me be." I replied looking at the wall.

A tear started rolling on the side of my cheek straight for the pillow. I shouldn't cry. He's nothing to me. We're not dating. We just kissed once. Iv'e kissed before, it's not like it's the first kiss I've ever received. No big deal.

*****

An hour after I dozed off, I hear continuous knocking on the door and I wondered who it was. I looked around and Isaac wasn't around but I didn't care, I didn't feel like facing him now. My mind shifted back to the knocking. Half asleep, I opened the door to see Alex.

"hey we're going- ...Elouis?!" he said looking at me with a confused face.

"Yeah" I replied still rubbing my eyes.

In that moment I regretted opening that damn door. It took a second for me to register that this was Alex, and I was in my boy form, but without the wig. I suddenly felt like the world ended. He was there standing in front of me. Realizing who I really was. He had seen me earlier this afternoon in these same clothes but now he saw me without a wig. I blew my cover to Alex.