Status: Complete: May 3rd, 2013 :)

I Think I Love You

Happy New Year

Four days had gone by and Ez was getting furious with me for not letting him kiss me. I had been holding out for New Years Eve, which was tonight. When I woke up though, something felt different. Like I was missing something. It didn't hit me until that night after I got out of the shower and got ready.

My engagement ring was gone.

I panicked, but didn't want to tell anyone. What if it came off of my hand in my sleep? Maybe that was the case and it was somewhere in my sheets. Ez was taking his turn in the shower, so I stripped both beds. I shook out the pillow cases and looked on the floor and in between the mattresses. I tore the room apart looking for that damn ring, but I didn't find it. I heard the water stop and I freaked. Ez would surely notice that the ring was gone. How could you not? That sucker is huge! I took a few deep breaths and told myself to stay calm. I would find it before we left for California. I had to. Ez came out of the bathroom in his boxers, towel drying his hair. I couldn't tell him. I figured if he asked, I would act as if I hadn't noticed. "What's wrong?" Ez asked, taking notice of my face. I was sitting on my hands.

"Nothing." I played it cool, like ice.

"Okay." I could tell he didn't believe me, and I didn't blame him. I'm a terrible liar.

"When are we going down to Times Square?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"After I get dressed we're going over to get mom, dad and Quellie, then we'll head out."

"Oh, okay." I watched as he pulled on a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt under a black motorcycle jacket and matching Docs. He went into the bathroom to style his hair and when he came out, he said,

"Lets go." I grabbed my phone and my camera and followed him across the hall into Abby's room. Abby and Stefan were ready, but Quellie was finishing her make-up. When she was done, we all walked a few blocks to a very crowded Times Square. We had a pretty good spot. We weren't too close, or too far away. It was cold, so I leaned into Ez. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. The ball wasn't set to drop for another hour and a half, so I passed the time by taking pictures.

*

It was three minutes until the ball dropped and the crowd around us was amped up. I was too. I was shivering, not from the cold, but from the excitement. Okay, the cold was a factor as well. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins and I was jumping up and down.

My phone revealed we had two minutes to go and I was hyped. It was an amazing feeling, being in the center of Times Square on New Years Eve.

One minute left, and the crowd began the countdown. Quellie turned to wink at Ez, and I wondered what that was about. Not for long though, with only thirty seconds left of the year.

Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

"Happy New Year," the crowd shouted all at once. I turned to kiss Ez, but he wasn't standing. No, he was down on his left knee smiling up at me.

"I never got to officially propose to you." I bit my lip, but a smile still came through. "So, Nikolette Graham. Will you marry me?" He pulled a black box from his pocket and opened it, revealing my ring. This had to be the most romantic thing anyone's ever done. I nodded quickly and he stood up to slip the ring back on my hand. Everyone around us was watching, including Abby, Stefan and Quellie. I guess this is why Quellie winked at Ez. He slipped his arms around my waist, pulling me to him. "Am I still grounded?" he asked with a sly smile. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down so that our lips met. He kissed me with such intensity, such passion, when he pulled away I was left breathless.

"Did that answer your question?" I said, unable to stop grinning.

"You know, I don't think it did. Maybe we should give it another try." I busted out laughing and stood on my tip-toes to kiss him again. This kiss was lighter, but it still left me craving more. "I love you, Nikki." I could finally reply.

"I love you too, Ez." This was without a doubt the best New Years Eve I'd ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww! I got so hyper writing this chapter. I was laying here biting my lip and grinning, singing along to Love On Top. I felt in love when I was writing this. Like I was Nikki or something. I don't know, it's weird. I guess when you've been writing from your character's point of view for so long, you start to develop their emotions and their desires. It's fucking awesome!

P.S: Message me with some ideas for a twist. I have something in mind, but don't want to ruin it. Plus, the last "twist" I added SUCKED and I deleted the chapter. So... yeah.

XoXo

-Yours Truly :)