Status: Complete: May 3rd, 2013 :)

I Think I Love You

The Wait Is Over

The party downstairs was booming. I could vaguely hear the sound of the piano underneath of all of the chit chat. Something smelled really good, making my stomach gurgle. I hadn't eaten anything since my salad early this morning, and I was starving. I had been walking around my room in the heels Abby picked out. It wasn't as easy as the woman of Hollywood made it look, but I had pretty much gotten used to them. Plus, they made my calves look killer.

I was lying on my bed with my earbuds in, blasting America by Deuce as I waited for Abby to come get me. I had my eyes closed, so when Abby touched my bare arm, it startled me. I took my earbuds out and Abby said, "You ready?" I sighed and managed a fake smile.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I stood up and noticed that I was as tall as Abby in the heels. She walked down first and I followed. I kept my eyes on the stairs as I traveled down them, making sure I didn't fall. When I reached the floor, I looked up, seeing all eyes on me. I just knew all the color drained from my face. I hated being the center of attention.

"Everyone, meet Nikolette," Abby introduced me. I noticed a small group of people, all of them looking to be around my age. One of the girls, a familiar face, smiled and waved at me. I looked at her curiously, trying to figure out where I'd seen her. Once everyone went back to their own conversations, I turned to Abby and quietly said,

"Can I get something to eat?" She laughed.

"Of course you can! This is your home now, honey." She took my hand and guided me into the kitchen. The smell from earlier got stronger, making my mouth water. I followed the scent and it lead me to the crockpot. It was barbeque meatballs. I grabbed a paper plate and stabbed a few, setting them on my plate. I found the plastic forks, took one and began eating. They were absolutely delicious. When I finished eating, I grabbed a cup of punch and went to mingle.

Everyone kept coming up to me, trying to talk to me as if they'd known me my entire life. So when no one was looking, I snuck out the back door. I plopped down on a lounge chair by the pool and sighed. I was lost in thought when a female voice said, "Hey, Nikolette." I turned to see that familiar face. I just stared at her. "I'm Quellie, Ezekiel's sister." Nope, didn't ring a bell. "I saw you today outside of Belle's Boutique." That's where I'd seen her!

"Oh."

"Are you okay?" I can't believe she just asked me that.

"No, I'm not okay."

"What's wrong?" Really?

"I don't think it's a mystery."

"Is it because you miss your parents?"

"It's not just that, Quellie. I miss my parents yes, but I'm miserable here. I've been shipped across the country to marry someone I don't even know. Everyone acts like your brother and I will just fall in love like we weren't forced into this, like we've known each other our entire lives. I always grew up believing I'd fall in love naturally, not be forced to do so," I ranted.

"I'm sorry." Quellie looked hurt.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't take out my problems on you."

"I can't imagine what it's like to be in your situation." No, Quellie, you can't. Nobody can. "How about we get back to the party?" She was such a sweetheart.

"Sure." I stood and followed her back into the house. She lead me over to the small group of people that I noticed earlier.

"Guys, this is Nikolette! Nikolette, this is Zac, Wes, Monicah and Valerie," Quellie said, gesturing to each of them.

"Well, hello there!" Wes said, smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Hi." Valerie rolled her eyes and walked away. "What's her issue?" I whispered to Quellie.

"Oh, Val? Don't worry about her. She's just moody." I nodded as if I understood. Deep, deep down, I felt there was something more to the story. "Where's Ez?"

"I'm right here." I turned to put a face with the name that had been haunting my dreams. He was tall and tan with spiked up, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was dressed in a black tuxedo with a white under shirt. He rapidly approached us. "Hello, Nikolette." Ezekiel held out his hand. I hesitated but shook anyway.

"H-hello, Ezekiel," I stuttered. He smiled at me and I just walked away. Smart move, Nikki. Real smart.