Status: Hello

Live and Let Live

Now I’m Drunk as Hell on a Piano Bench

I pushed away a strand of my hair as I cleaned up around the house a bit. Alex’s band was coming to rehearse an acoustic set and oh, where is Alex? Sleeping the afternoon away because he thinks everything revolves around his stupid schedule. I sighed as got down on my knees to vacuum up some loose dog hair that clung desperately to the carpet underneath the coffee table. I seriously need to get Baz trimmed soon.
I got up and sighed. I was finally done with the entire living room where the boys would be rehearsing. I heard shuffling of feet behind me and I turned around. Alex was standing there in his plaid pajama pants, a black v-neck, and his hair was all over the place.
“Why did you clean?”
“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me right?” I know he did not just ask me that.
“I said, wh-“
“I know what you said Alex. I’m just trying to comprehend why you said that. You do remember you have rehearsals here today right?”
“First of all, it’s the guys coming over, not the queen and even if she was coming over, you didn’t have to clean this much. Secondly, rehearsals were changed to Friday at Dawson’s.”
“You tell me this now Alexander? I’ve been slaying my ass for two hours trying to make this house look decent.”
“No one asked you too.” That was it. I threw the cleaning stuff on the ground and pushed past Alex.
“Where are you going Zara?”
“Does it really fucking matter?” Can you tell I was pissed?
__

“So he really didn’t tell you?” I shook my head as I drowned the remains of my Captain Morgan mixed with Coke. I was over at my best friend’s apartment currently situated on the piano bench they managed to fit in this studio apartment.
“Ugh, I don’t want to talk about Alex right now. Where’s Vic?” Kenny was currently taking out some film from one of her many cameras and holding them up to the light. I was very proud of my friend for picking and pursuing the career of photography; otherwise I wouldn’t have ever met her.
“Um, he’s currently with the guys working on some songs. He should be back shortly with food.” She looked up and smiled at me. I nodded and tapped on my cup. She quirked an eyebrow up and looked at me through her glasses.
“You know where the kitchen is.” I stuck out my tongue and she did the same in return. I honestly loved this girl. She knew how to make my shitty day turn upside down.
I poured myself my third glass and made one for Kenny as well. I walked over and took a seat on the floor in front of her as she placed photos from concerts neatly in front of her.
“Here take it before I drink it myself.” She glanced up and extended her hand, her jet-black painted nails enclosing around the glass.
“You really need to pace yourself, you might get drunk.” She chuckled before taking a sip of the hard liquor.
“Babe, I was drunk sitting on that piano bench.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi.