A Thousand Diamonds

Backstage

Teal’s POV:

“Oh my gosh, this is the day! We’re going to our first concert and we're going to be in the front!” I yell at my friends, Shelly Reeve and Tanya Blakely. I, Teal Underhill, am 18 and just graduated high school a few weeks ago. We are going to our first concert ever and it is for Allstar Weekend, a new band.

“And we have backstage passes for before the show!” Shelly yells.

“And meet and greet passes!” Tanya screams.

“We’re such creepers!” The three of us yell and start laughing.

“Are you girls still yelling about that? Save your voices for the concert.” My mom walks in and laughs at us.

“But mom, we’ve seen all five of their videos a million and ten times. This is the day we see them in real living flesh.” I whine.

“That was a disturbing image.” She says.

“Well, we better go if we’re going to get there.” Shelly butts in.

“Are you serious? The show doesn’t start for another 5 hours!” My dad will never understand what it’s like to love a band the way we do.

“We have to get there early to get backstage and see them! Plus, if we’re early enough we could see them pull up.” I explain as we run to Tanya’s car.

“Bye, have fun and be safe. Don’t be out past 3!” My mom yells as we drive the 10 minutes to the venue.

“I see the bus!” Shelly yells. We jump out of the car and run over. We are the first ones here.

“Hey, girls. See you later.” Michael yells getting off the bus and we scream.

“He just!” I yell.

“I know!” Shelly yells.

“Holy crap!” Tanya yells. Zach and Cameron get off the bus laughing.

“Glad to have such dedicated fans this early on. Our first show and already they’re treating us like we’re gold.” I swear Zach looks at me but I can’t be sure. I think I’m in love. No, really, I think I love this guy.

“I swear Zach just looked at you.” Shelly turns to me.

“He was and don’t even deny it, Teal.” Tanya blurts out before I can say anything.

"Actually, Tan, I was going to say the same thing. Do you really think he was?"

“Yeah, I really think so.” Shelly says and I can’t help it, I scream. They laugh at me and I laugh, too.

“What was that?” Tanya asks.

“I have no idea.” I say. A few hours later and the other 10 girls with passes show up.

“Aww, we already missed them getting here!” They complain. In just 10 minutes they will open the doors and we will get to see the crazy that is backstage.

“Alright, show me your passes and you can go backstage. Don’t bother the guys, they are getting ready for a show.”

“Be nice, let these girls have their fun.” Cameron is standing in the door then turns and goes to a room. Shelly shoves her pass in the guy’s face and runs. We do the same and follow her just as we see her run up to him.

“Shelly! Leave the poor guy alone!” I yell as he turns around.

“It’s fine, I like seeing fans so happy.”

“Hey, you’re the girls we saw earlier.” I feel a hand fall on my shoulder and turn to look in the amazing blue eyes of Zachary David Porter.

***************************************