A Thousand Diamonds

Broken

Teal’s POV:

“Shelly, Tanya, where are you?” I send out a text.

“Heading to your house now.” Tanya texts back.

“I think I’m going to your house. Be there in 5.” Shelly texts back right after Tanya. I’m sitting in my driveway and I can’t move.

“Zach and I may really be done and I mean it. He accused me of cheating on him with Gage.”

“He what?! No, that is not okay!” Shelly yells.

“I will kill that boy. They don’t leave for tour until tomorrow so I have plenty of time.”

“Tanya, don’t kill him.” I can’t stop crying and I know it’s stupid. He was a jerk so I shouldn’t love him anymore but I can’t help it.

“Oh you poor thing.” They help me up and in to the living room.

“Teal, sweetie, what happened?” Mom runs in when she hears my pathetic sobs.

“Zach accused her of cheating on him. With Gage.” Shelly explains.

“How could he do that? I thought he knew how much you loved him!” Mom is the fourth person to feel this way.

“I know and I thought he knew, too. I guess I was wrong to ever think that. What if Zach and I are really over right now? I’m not sure if I want this or not.”

“He doesn’t trust you, Teal.” Tanya is sitting next to me.

“Would you forgive Mikey if he did this?” I ask her and she thinks about it.

“I don’t know if I could.” I look at Shelly, my eyes asking her the same question.

“If Cameron accused me of cheating it would take a lot to forgive him, but I think I could. You really just need to sort out your feelings. What’s stronger, your hate or your love?”

“Shelly, that is a great question and I have no answer.”

“And you may not have an answer when he’s back from tour. You just need to breathe a little and think about it. Do you want to talk to Zach today?”

“No, he needs to rest for tour and stuff. They leave tomorrow and right now I think that’s a good thing. I’m not sure I could handle seeing him.”

“You know they aren’t doing a show here, right?” My mom asks me.

“I know and it’s probably for the best. Mom, did dad ever do something so stupid?” I look up to their relationship. If mom can forgive dad then I can forgive Zach.

“I know it would make you feel better if I could say yes, but your father was good to me. He never made a stupid guy move.” Well this is just great. I fall over on the couch and I wish the pillow was Zach’s shoulder.

“This really sucks.” I say.

“Sweetie, it’ll get better.” Shelly tells me.

“You can say that because you still have Cameron. Zach and I were staring at each other, arguing, and I could see in his eyes he didn’t know if we would make it past this one. I felt the same thing in my heart. Zach and I might be broken.”

******************************************